Best Bet Of The Day - Thur 10/7/08

Newm 2.35 Missioner 28/1 0.5 pts e.w Missioner I belive maybe a big price from a place point of view at the least. Last year ran some very promising races against some nice 2 year olds as they were then, city leader etc. This year started off with three decent runs, one behind lazy days who he has a weight pull with today, won his maiden and hen was just second in a handicap, fighting all the way too the line. Moved up in trip at asc. he didnt seem to get the extra trip but with the trainer in much better form now, a drop back to 10f and knowing that he can go on a variety of conditions, he is respected.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thur 10/7/08 3.10 Newmarket ANNA PAVLOVA WIN With soft ground at Newmarket Anna Pavlova looks very good for the win in this Group 2 race. Only seven go to post here after four horses were withdrawn. Anna Pavlova will really appreciate the soft ground. If you look through her form she always runs very well on soft ground but is usually out of the frame on Good or Firm ground. She won her last race at Haydock and she didnt even get a clear run that day on soft ground. She was third in the Pretty Polly stakes at the Curragh which was won by Promising Lead on Yielding ground. She has also won over this distance in the past. She has only run once at Newmarket before that was last year when she came second to Innoocent Air in a listed race. The big threats in the field are Papal Bull who won this race last year beating the likes of Lucarno and Sixties Icon but that was on Good to Firm Ground. Lucarno can never be discounted either but i think it might be a step to far for him today. My selection is a Stoute horse with Ryan Moore on him and i regard them as a great combination. I cant see it being beat today especially if theres more rain but i thought that yesterday and i was wrong. SHe is drawn low which is no advantage but she should be able to overcome it on this ground. Anna Pavlova 1pt WIN

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.