Barclays Scottish Open 10th-13th July

Barclays Scottish Open

This week I hope to share some first hand Knowledge of how this course plays,I have watched this tournament on three occasions and each time it has thrown up a class winner! Last year Gregory Havret pipped Mickelson in a Play-Off and two years previous he went into the Final Day in the lead only to fall out with his putter big time,so this guy keeps his head low but always performs well round this track.

Gregory Havret @ 30/1 Top Continental European.

I know he is a bit of a Primadonna but Ian Poulter loves this course,it suits his game where you need to shape a lot of shots and also hit the correct parts of the greens to score! Ian Poulter @12/1 Top GB&IRE.

Now for the Million Dollar Question "The Winner"! Well I am going to go out on a limb on this one,the Southern Hemisphere has had its fair share of success since the birth of this tournament in 2001,Goosen,Eduardo Romero,Els& latterly Tim Clark! Outside of these the rest are Continental European Edfors,Levet&Havret. So on this basis I will avoid the probables Westwood,Mcdowell,Poulter etc and go for a very Classy Argentinian. Andres Romero@28/1 Outright Winner. All Prices are at Stan James,but if you check the Oddschecker site this will help out.

Good Luck Guys,and keep your Ante Post money in your pocket for next weeks British Open,the dynamic of the Open is such that it gets turned on its head daily.;)

Re: Barclays Scottish Open 10th-13th July Course where the rough hasn’t been that tough and getting birdies is normally the aim. The weather for the next 2, maybe 3 days, is forecast to be wet. Hitting from wet rough, even short-ish stuff makes life tough. Still a fair few long holes so course knowledge/form and accurate hitting my criteria. Grégory Havret Last years winner consistently hits the Fairways and the greens, putting not his strong point. Likes the course. Good honest player who keeps the ball in play. Make the cut 5pts at 1.47 betfair top 10, 1pt at 7.8 betfair Adam Scott Drives it long, has a go from the rough if necessary. Consistent player who putts the simple ones well. I still thin these aren't the trickest of greens. RoW winner (looking for 1pt at 8.0)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.