Haydock 03/07/08

1.40 Quite an ordinary race, no surprise given that it's a fillies only class 5. It wasn't a great race that Eventide won FTO but she did it in style and the 2nd had previously run well in a fair maiden at GL. The 4th, who may've flopped first time on the dirt, also had some decent maiden form prior. The handicapper has given her a mark of 68 and I think there is evey chance she can go close of that mark in her next couple of runs. I think it was my 2nd or 3rd post ever on here that stated that Sphere (before her debut) will be interesting in middle distance handicaps later in the year. On that 1st run she was a staying on 3rd over 10f, beaten 6l. The 2nd, 4th and 5th all won soon after. The winner is rated 108, the 2nd is rated 77, the 5th is also rated in the 70s. She disappointed on her next start and was 8th to Criterion, the race was ok though and the first four home are all mid 70+ horses. She wasn't disgraced when back to 10f on her last start in what looks like a decent A/W maiden. The winner is highly regarded and run well in the Ribblesdale. Her mark of 68 is very fair based on the above. I'm sure she can win races off this mark although I really struggle with the yard. That is my major worry - they are very difficult to catch. Kolakairi ran ok in weak handicaps and I thought he would've won a small race by now off his mark. He can be included on the run behind Precision Break. Sphere 55% of stake 5.1 betfair Eventide 30% of stake 9.2 betfair Kalokairi 15% of stake 8.2 betfair Plus combos

Re: Haydock 03/07/08 14:40 - Lethal 20/1 (William Hill) 2.5pts e/w (1,2,3,4 1/4) A tricky handicap install here and I have taken Lethal at a big price to run a big race. Fahey has been in good form over the last few days having only 2 runners out of 11 out of the frame. Although stepping up from a class 6 to 4. Lethal has showed some good form at this level and above, Hopefully he can reproduce some of that form and take this tricky race to solve.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.