Best bet of the day weds 25/06

Ayr 5.10 Glasshoughton I decided to follow this horse until it wins. I hope that will be today. Its effort at Sandown 3rd behind Crimson Fern was a decent effort & Crimson Fern has ran well again since. it has ran here 3 times & won twice. Neil Brown takes a handy 5lb off its back in the race also. The danger would be Angus Newz as its a long way for Micky Quinn to take a horse. its form is in better handicaps than this & goes well in the ground & at this time of year.

Re: Best bet of the day weds 25/06 Carlisle 15.00 - Hulla Ballew WIN (for purposes of the comp) I think 6/1 is good here and can't see it going off near that to be honest. Loves the track, had nine runs here and placed in eight of those with two wins (over same distance). Was 2L behind Stotic Leader that time, but didn't get a good ride from another jockey. Likes a cut, going is classed as soft and more rain is forecast. Never been out of the places on soft going so has a chance to turn any form on this. Should handle the going best of all the rivals here in my opinion. Runs off a very winnable mark too. The trainer is doing well currently, the horse has a superb record in June and the jockey and trainer combo is two from five at a very tidy profit. Just seems to tick all the boxes and I think it will win. Can get just over evens for the place saver, can't see it being out of them. Regents Secret (CD winner, like it here and the distance but may not like the cut) and Lordship are also bigger price dangers in my opinion, but as I said, Hulla Ballew ticks the boxes for this one.

Re: Best bet of the day weds 25/06 Sails 2.10 Our Wee Girl 1 pt win Not massive amounts of form on show for this 2 year old race but this one has caught the eye so far and shown some raw ability, still a bit green at times, is Kirk's Our Wee Girl. It was considered good enough to run at epsom lto and backed like it was going to win but failed to really take to the track. However it wasnt given a hard time when beaten and on previous form should be good enough to take a maiden at some point. Behind well regarded Please Sing at Leic who disappointed at Asc. but was considered good enough to start at just 6/1 and well ahead of stablemate, who they may have a line to, and who ended third. Run on debut was respectable too and obvious chance today, drawn 1 I dont see as a huge problem as so far it has not been prominent often through its own fault. Gosden's runner could be the danger.

Re: Best bet of the day weds 25/06 IGNORE ABOVE DIDNT WANT TO EDIT DUE TO RULES 6.20 Kempton HITS ONLY CASH 1PT LAY (RP 4/1) In fair form at the moment but not winning, don't the think the draw will suit and think he will be denied the run and get held up, if not then it will go well but i think it will get held up

Re: Best bet of the day weds 25/06 Carlisle 5.10 Glasshoughton - win Been looking at this race on another thread purely from the point of view of 'pace in the race' and reckon Glasshoughton is ideally drawn to take advantage of the likely pace ..........to be held up 'wide' behind the front runners with a clear passage when they fade..........and with the runners on his outside likely to be behind at the business end. Add to that ideal conditions........five furlongs on a stiff track, good to soft ground and decent recent form and he should have a great chance. I know these sprint handicaps tend to come down to 'Buggins Turn' but hopefully it's his turn today...........

Re: Best bet of the day weds 25/06 250 Worcester: Bay Mouse EW Interesting little novice chase with those at the top of the market not bomb proof in my opinion, Annie Fleetwood has had a lot of chances and was a bit fortunate last time, also runs the odd stinker so cant be going in at 6/4 for that one, Apollo Creed hated fences the last time he tried them so need to watch that one. Bay Mouse ran really well last time, battled on well and jumped superbly from the front, hoping for more of the same and could get some of the others at it and force them into errors. At the price (10/1) must be worth an EW bet in this grade.

Re: Best bet of the day weds 25/06 3.30 Carlisle An open affair, nearly 6/1 the field on betfair currently. Hypnotic had a few injury problems last season but seems to be over them now. He has run two pleasing races so far this year and I think he'll be bouncing back to form very soon. Very well handicapped IF he can ever get anywhere near his old form. Unfortunately he never will be as good as he was (Listed winner at two) but if he comes back to his form in 2006 where he won twice including a 6l victory off a higher mark then he should get his head in front again over the coming weeks, fingers crossed. Main worry is the trip on this ground, if he stays then he should go well. Hypnotic - EW

Re: Best bet of the day weds 25/06 4.35 Carlisle - LADY RANGALI (1pt Win) Competitive event but this horse looks the most interesting for me. Won around £180'000 as a 2yr old and showed she still retains the ability when running a good race on her reappearance last time out. Has already proven she handles deep ground and ought to go very close if coming on for her first run of the season.

Re: Best bet of the day weds 25/06 Dr. DREAM 3.25 Worcester. 0.5 points each way. Not many come into this race in any sort of form and that naturally gives us a better chance than the bare form suggests. Allowed to race of the same mark (97) as last time and with trip and ground not a problem I think we can run to recent best and go well.

Re: Best bet of the day weds 25/06 3-35 Carlisle - Sin City - each way A selection based on part form and part guesswork. Beaten 2 lengths by Tifemati last time out (at 8/1) he stays on a mark of 76. La Vecchia Scuola (2/1 fav) was half a length in front of him in that race, but has been raised 7 pounds. The favourite, Hits Only Vic, is after a 4 timer, but has gone up 18 pounds in 4 races, and eventually the weight will tell, hopefully today :hope There may be more to my selection than meets the eye as he has never run on ground like this, and that's the guesswork. I hope Fahey knows something I don't (not that hard) and he's not here to run a stinker to try and get his mark down. If there's no late money for him at around 3-25 p.m. I've got it wrong. 13/2 in the shops and 8.8 on Betfair at the moment. BTP, I was going to take you on with Giant Love (your race is 3-00 btw) but as it's reduced to 15 and only 3 places, I went here instead. Best of luck :ok

Re: Best bet of the day weds 25/06

BTP, I was going to take you on with Giant Love (your race is 3-00 btw) but as it's reduced to 15 and only 3 places, I went here instead. Best of luck :ok
Now there is a surprise :lol. The same better not happen at Carlisle in the next.

Re: Best bet of the day weds 25/06 6.40 Bath - Flyit 1pt win At 7/2 this is my type of e/w bet with just a small loss if the horse only manages a place, but there are only few days left this month, so I am going win only here. Don't like the fav at all and the stable has been terrible this season. The selection should have benefited a good deal from his first run and could be the one to beat in a race in which trainer has done very well in the past.

Re: Best bet of the day weds 25/06 7.30 Nass 1m 2f Carraigoona WIN Carraigoona is one of Jim Bolgers horses from the great Rock of Gibralter. The stable is in great form. This horse was beaten favourite last time out but was runner up the run before that. I think he has a great chance tonight at around 4/1. He ran a stinker last time out and i think he may make up for that tonight with Kevin manning on board. he is drawn high which is also a advantage at Nass. The big threat in the race is Johnny Murtagh's horse Nasdaq but i think Carraigoona will have to much for him. WIN