Best bet of the day 23/06

8.10 Glorious Gift EW Opened up its career over 6f 4th behind Moynahan (btn 4L), 2nd & 3rd that day went on to score. Its 2nd race over same distance saw it going down by 1/2L after meeting all sorts of problems in behind & looked an unlucky loser. This season Chapple Hyam raced it twice in April on soft ground where it finished 2nd behind Pravda Street (btn 5L) & then won easily at Nottingham on soft by 6L when stepped up to 1m. Last time out at newmarket on firm ground finished 5 1/2L behind Yaddree & Masaalek who both finished placed in the Brittannia stakes at Ascot last week. Tonight has to give 19lb to runaway winner last week Slip from Tregonings yard which will be raised in the handicap significantly based on that run & therefore looks one of those "handicap" snips! I will stick with Glorious gift at the present 4/1 with Bet365 (BOG). Have it e/w at 1/4 odds.

Re: Best bet of the day 23/06 2.30 Wolverhampton : Drizzi 1pt win An Amateur riders Seller on the AW, doesnt get much worse than that but a race is a race and someone has to win it. Drizzi looks well ahead of most of these, the only one rated higher is now a NR so its all about if he's fit after a break. Been quite consistant and the third behind Kylkenny reads well in this class, the trainer has been doing well with his low quality string and usually places them to good effect. Will do for me on a tricky days racing. Some of those short priced ones later look too good to be true and you just know one or two will get turned over.

Re: Best bet of the day 23/06 3.15 Lingfield - COUNT CEPRANO (1pt Win) Takes a notable drop in class here after running at Royal Ascot on Friday. Has a smashing record at this course and this contest could play to his strengths today. There are 2 very strong pacemakers in this race and that will suit this horse who likes to come late in the day. Has dropped a further 2lb from his run just a few days ago and with Gabriel Hannon taking off 7lbs he looks value at 3/1 for me.

Re: Best bet of the day 23/06 4.30 - Laa Baas WIN (for purpose of comp) Interesting runner here. Was a decent 6th on return at Redcar just 3 and a half lengths behind over six furlongs, and the winner went on to run in a Grp 1 (albeit with little success), but second and fourth horses have gone on to win and other performed credibly. AW/handicap debut so should be unexposed and the drop back to 5F may suit as had shown some speed. Shoud like the surface imo.

Re: Best bet of the day 23/06 QUALITY STREET 2.45 Lingfield. 0.5 points each way. Not at best recently, but those runs have been on turf and now he's back on the aw. Been dropped another 3lb to a mark of 60, and considering he's won off a mark of 69, then he does look well in at the weights. So he does need to bounce back to form, but the track could see that happen, and if that's the case then a big run is expected at a nice price.

Re: Best bet of the day 23/06 3.00 Wolverhampton. Ben's Georgie. 0.5 points each way. Bottom weight and dropped another 2lb for today. A more than capable Durm Fentiman takes another 3lb off, so 'if' she can find a bit like her true self, then no reason why she shouldn't go close. Handles the trip and track well, so off a low weight she appears a value each way bet.

Re: Best bet of the day 23/06

my best bet of the day would be chjimes 3.15 ling. 1 point win. in decent form and should be handling this trip and track. ryan moore will get his tactics correct and should be tough to beat.
:clap

Re: Best bet of the day 23/06 Well everyone ive been viewing this forum for quiet a while now as a guest and have decided to give a go at the BBOTD competition.Ive gave a read over the rules. Il start today to get into a routine before the start of next month. Some top tipsters here but il give it a go. 7.00 Kilbeggan 3m Handicap On paper this looks like a two horse race between Balrath Leader and Lady's Gesture. Balrath leader was second here by 1 3/4 lenghts over 2m4f three weeks on his reapperance with DJ Condon on board but tonight Ruby Walsh is booked to ride him for the first time. It looks an intresting booking for this horse and he should be able to handle the firm ground. He is still to win in his career but the step up in trip might help him. Lady's Gesture won on its last outing over 2m6f in Limerick 2 weeks ago with J M Allen on board who usually rides him. Tonight he is rode by P Townsend for the first time and this may be a disadvantage. I think Balrath Leader could win for the first time here tonight under Ruby and he will probably go off at 3/1. Balrath Leader 1pt WIN

Re: Best bet of the day 23/06 8.50 Chepstow Memphis man Win Got to take the risk here. :lol Jockey has had 12 rides on this one. placed a few times and won once. Quite a few runs over this trip and placed. Good S/r for places and good S/r for jockey on this horse for places. risk it

3.15 Lingfield - COUNT CEPRANO (1pt Win) Takes a notable drop in class here after running at Royal Ascot on Friday. Has a smashing record at this course and this contest could play to his strengths today. There are 2 very strong pacemakers in this race and that will suit this horse who likes to come late in the day. Has dropped a further 2lb from his run just a few days ago and with Gabriel Hannon taking off 7lbs he looks value at 3/1 for me.
Absolute crap ride. :@ Jockey waited far too long and then just resorted to hands and heels. Suppose thats what you get when you take a 7lb claimer against Ryan Moore.... :wall

Re: Best bet of the day 23/06 8-50 Chepstow - Shot To Fame - each way Won a lowly race last time out, but travelled well on the rail. Jockey had to get round the second horse, who was stopping, as a gap never appeared. But did so easily enough. Steadily fallen down the weights over the years, having won off a mark of 102 in 2004. Looks to have found a bit of form of late. If it was the last day of the competiton I'd go for the win bet, but as it's a quarter of the odds and about 4/1, and with a week to go, I'll take the each way option and play safe. 7/2 or 4/1 on all the shops, except Ladbrokes, who are keeping it short at 10/3. I hope they know what they're doing :loon

8.50 Chepstow Memphis man Win Got to take the risk here. :lol Jockey has had 12 rides on this one. placed a few times and won once. Quite a few runs over this trip and placed. Good S/r for places and good S/r for jockey on this horse for places. risk it
This is not a competition mate, although there is a table you SHOULD NOT pick longer priced selections to win in the hope of trying to get up the table. The thread is called Best Bet of the Day and you talking about risking it shows its not your Best Bet. :eyes:eyes

Re: Best bet of the day 23/06 7.40 I backed Onceuponatime LTO when he stepped up on his Leicester maiden win to win on his handicap debut at Kempton. He picked up late to get the better of Prime Factor and he looked like a useful horse. I also backed the 2nd Prime Factor and he is a winner waiting to happen, and with the 3rd Honey Monster winning NTO the form of that Kempton handicap is very decent for the grade. A 4lb rise is more than fair and I think that Windsor would suit (although yard's 3yo's do struggle here). Onceuponatime - win

Well everyone ive been viewing this forum for quiet a while now as a guest and have decided to give a go at the BBOTD competition.Ive gave a read over the rules. Il start today to get into a routine before the start of next month. Some top tipsters here but il give it a go. 7.00 Kilbeggan 3m Handicap On paper this looks like a two horse race between Balrath Leader and Lady's Gesture. Balrath leader was second here by 1 3/4 lenghts over 2m4f three weeks on his reapperance with DJ Condon on board but tonight Ruby Walsh is booked to ride him for the first time. It looks an intresting booking for this horse and he should be able to handle the firm ground. He is still to win in his career but the step up in trip might help him. Lady's Gesture won on its last outing over 2m6f in Limerick 2 weeks ago with J M Allen on board who usually rides him. Tonight he is rode by P Townsend for the first time and this may be a disadvantage. I think Balrath Leader could win for the first time here tonight under Ruby and he will probably go off at 3/1. Balrath Leader 1pt WIN
Fell three fences from home while contesting the lead.:wall:wall:wall

7.40 I backed Onceuponatime LTO when he stepped up on his Leicester maiden win to win on his handicap debut at Kempton. He picked up late to get the better of Prime Factor and he looked like a useful horse. I also backed the 2nd Prime Factor and he is a winner waiting to happen, and with the 3rd Honey Monster winning NTO the form of that Kempton handicap is very decent for the grade. A 4lb rise is more than fair and I think that Windsor would suit (although yard's 3yo's do struggle here). Onceuponatime - win
Massive drifter to over 2/1 on betfair. I smell a rat, but I have done all day. Not happy.

Re: Best bet of the day 23/06 8.20 Chepstow - Street Devil E/W Ran very well last time out and could sneak a place here. I don't fancy tha fav that much, who may struggle against colts in this race. Definitely worth taking her on and with 3 placed paid Street Devil represents a good e/w punt. 12/1 still available at Lads & Bet365.