Best bet of the day Fri 20/06

3.05 Bronze Cannon - Connections decision to bypass the Derby in favour of this race could pay dividends if the horse stays the trip. Conduit won nicely with a well time run at Epsom & was 3rd to Colony 1st time out, Colony won a much weaker race than this today. The one i would go with is the certain stayer Hebridean from O'Briens stable. broke duck after stepping up in distance & then followed it up with a group 3 success. Seems to like any ground also.

Re: Best bet of the day Fri 20/06 245 Muss: Whinhill House 1pt win Going for the seller again, looks like only three with a real chance and doubts about two of them. Fire Up The band is obvioulsy the class act but looks regressive nowadays and moved from Nicholl's stable earlier in the season, very inconsistant. Elijah Pepper is interesting in this grade and could win easily but has had a long time off and just doubt if it will be sharp enough on this track first time up. Whinhill House ran well the other day when just getting mugged, is in fine form and if he breaks as well today should last home on a more suitable course.

Re: Best bet of the day Fri 20/06 3.05 Ascot - BRONZE CANNON (1pt Win) Very impressive last time out and previously beaten Doctor Fremantle who then went on to win the Chester Vase. Won easily last time out and although this is a major step up in class, the same can be said for most of them. Take into account, connections were considering a tilt at the Derby so there is no doubt he is a very well regarded sort. Should have no problems will the trip and will be thundering home late in the day.

Re: Best bet of the day Fri 20/06 Asc 4.20 Buccellati 0.5 pts e.w Buccellati is a horse i like and have done well out of it towards the end of last season. frustrating initially last year with a host of 'unlucky' efforts in top races behind the likes of zaham, regal flush, pipedreamer with his hold up and delivered late style. He put that right with three back to back wins, often coming late to win, teh win at don. was very impressive given circumstances, often blocked off but still managed to swoop late and win, showed ability remains lto with good effort in group race that would have him up for this, visor returns today and bold bid expected, probably will be coming late and will need the gaps.

Re: Best bet of the day Fri 20/06 4.35 Ascot - Infallible Nobody seems to be fancying this one :unsure Jummy Fortune said on monday or tuesday this is his best ride for the meeting. Sure Modern Look's form was franked by many and Spacious beat Infallible already, but my selection is the one that should improve more. Spacious' price hasn't moved pretty much in the last days while Infallible was cut everywhere from 5/1 to 7/2 earlier this week. I fancy this one like I fancied Denman for the Gold Cup, when everybody was going for Kauto Star. Let's see what will happen. I may be wrong, but I think this is a classy filly and deserves another chance. I put her in my 10 to follow and I will go with her.

Re: Best bet of the day Fri 20/06 2.30 - Cuis Ghaire WIN (11/10 Bet 365) Has looked very impressive winning both starts to date, and is 1/1 over the distance and has won on good to firm and good to date, one of these wins was in a Group 3 too when bolted up LTO by 3 and a half lengths. Is a short price but rightly so. Smashes rivals on top speed rating and RPR. A few concerns would be she has only won at one track in Ireland and favourite only won this once. But hold group 1 entries and a lot is thought of her, should be extremely difficult to beat.

Re: Best bet of the day Fri 20/06 I fancy so many today I'm struggling to fine my BBOTD. I'm going double handed+ in most so going to Ayr tonight instead. I wrote this about Lady Valentino LTO:

3.20 Ayr When Lady Valentino was handicapped in August after her maiden runs I thought the handicapper had made a mistake, due to the following; Run 1: 4th of 9 - outpaced but finished strongly over 6f beaten 5.5l Winner Northern Dare won off 63 and 69 in July. (Now a solid mid-high 80s horse) The 2nd Soccerjackpot bolted up in a maiden before running close of 77 and 82 in Class 3/2 handicaps in June/July. Run 2: 8th of 8 - always in rear over 7f beaten 12l. Something clearly amiss and not seen for over two months. Run 3: 4th of 14 - ran on from the rear ago over 7f beaten 2l. The winner Kunteh Kinteh was already rated 65 and went close off that mark NTO. The 2nd was rated 52 at the time. The 3rd was rated 60 at the time. When she lined up in a handicap (7f) on the first on August last year I thought she was very well treated off a mark of 50. If it wasn't for the middle run then surely she would've been given a mark at least 7lb higher. However due to the break after that poor run I presumed there was an injury and decided to ignore it. However she was a double figure price, a lot bigger on betfair and with Patrick Mathers booked I wasn't sure if that was going to be her day. I still played, albeit small and she ran well in 5th (of 15). She was dropped a lb for her next start (7f) and I lumped on. She went down in a photo at 14/1 (clear of the 3rd and winner won NTO). After the race I was gutted but was certain I was right about her being well handicapped. I went in again on her final start (1m) last year and she was again beaten by a neck. She did little wrong in those three runs, was perhaps just a little unlucky. I didn't back her FTO this season as she was 6lb out the handicap and trying 1m2f for the first time. She ran a fine race to be 3rd to Karmest. I fancied Karmest on Monday but he was virtually pulled up at Chepstow, the 2nd however has won on it's next two starts. Being out the handicap she ran off 56 here, perhaps proving that I was correct about her being well handicapped off 50, in theory at least. She runs off her correct mark (50) here and must have a chance in a weak race (currently 12 bar three on betfair). If all is well then she has to go very close I would imagine.
She went down by a nose that day despite getting her run checked. She is 2lb higher here but still well handicapped and stable are in form. LADY VALENTINO - EW

Re: Best bet of the day Fri 20/06 5.30 ASCOT CELTIC SULTAN E/W Yep im going for an outsider again, (one of these must come in soon :lol) Over 7f this horse has has 5 rides (1 win & 1 x3rd) Over this ground this horse has 6 rides (2 wins 1x 2nd 1x 3rd) In this class the horse has had 5 rides (2 wins 1x 3rd) With the jockey on board today 9 rides (2 wins 2x 3rds) lifetime flat 14 rides (3 wins 1x2nd 3x3rd) 20 days rest will help as well. 13% s/r for jockey & trainer over last 5 seasons (small profit) :hope

Re: Best bet of the day Fri 20/06 5.30 Ascot Vortex EW This race seems wide open to me and Vortex goes off quite a nice mark here of 97 has won 105. Gaye Kellaways horse hasn't shown a lot lately but it was only last year taht the horse ran a cracker off top weight in the Royal Hunt Cup (all be it over 1f more) but runs just as well over 7f. If the horse still retains his ability I believe he has a solid EW chance.

Re: Best bet of the day Fri 20/06 4.20 Ascot 14 runners for this Class 1 Listed handicap over 1m2f. Many in with chances but I'm going EW on a double figure priced one in: Halicarnassus (20/1 Coral) - Last years winning stable and this horse has a good chance of making it a double. In form jockey too on a Group class horse. More than capable in this grade off what looks a quite lenient mark. This horse could have easily contested one of the Group races this week but Channon opts for a handicap, off a mark of 108. Is double handed in the race but this one is his best chance in my opinion. First time visor could help and I really expect a good run for my money here at 20's. EW

Re: Best bet of the day Fri 20/06 3.05: Ascot: City Leader Horse is held in high regard by the trainer who targetted this race after winning a listed event just short of this distance at Goodwood last month. Won that day despite losing footing and nearly slipping at the bend so looks as though he should stay the extra trip today. Bypassed Epsom with this in mind so must be worth an each way flutter at best priced 10/1 (various). E/W

Re: Best bet of the day Fri 20/06 SPACIOUS 3.45 Ascot. 1 point win. Goes on the fast ground which will be important for this race, and with having the form to win he couldbe tough to beat. Spencer doing the steering should get his tactics right and looks sure to go close as plenty of the rivals will struggle to handle the quick ground.

Re: Best bet of the day Fri 20/06 my best bet of the day would be raymi coya 345 ascot. 0.5 pts ew. needs to improve and i think and i think she can as she has been doing so. trip is good and the ground is also good which will help her and not others. massive odds for this improving type and well worthan each way bet at odds.

Re: Best bet of the day Fri 20/06 4.20 Ascot. Many Volumes. 0.5 points each way. The ground's come right for him and he has the form to go well. Henry Cecil been a bit quiet this week and maybe it's time Henry was back in the Royal Ascot winners enclosure!

Re: Best bet of the day Fri 20/06 Billy the punters tip runs at 7.45 Ayr. well done winners..was on billyhills selection and it won.. but spent the rest of the afternoon losing most of my winnings.. :-( Fingers crossed for tonight