I dont hear the bookies moaning now

Fed up with those poor bookies whinging every bloody week that they are losing money with so many winning favs coming in around the country & that the Euro 2008 results have cleaned them out? why, ok a few of the games went to plan but what about the following: Germany 1 Croatia 2 Romania 1 Italy 1 Holland 3 Italy 0 Holland 4 France 1 Holland 2 Romania 0 (11/10 price on romania last night) Czech 2 Turkey 3 I could go on, i dont think they will have lost money on the Euro's i really dont. Its just propaganda they use it all the time to make people have another bet on the next favourite as it works! Now to ascot, so far, 12 races & 2 favs, yes 2 of the bankers have gone in, so what, the rest have been decent prices & a 100/1 rag winning the last race yesterday depsite being owned by one of our well known tipsters Mr nevison! Bankable only shortened in price today after the Duke won as they had all the trebles running on with Henry yesterday winning. Bankable would have cleaned the bookies out as the banker treble would be in the bag but bookies friend Frankie done the biz, he kept it out of the 1st 4. Now thats a cynical view isnt it!!! :moonto all those bookies out there claiming they are skint. If you are, give it up & do something else but stop coming on TV & using it as a stunt!

Re: I dont hear the bookies moaning now Bowles, Germany beat Poland 2-0 mate but still, I see your point. Favourites have just stopped winning now we're at the end of the group stages and heading into the Quarter Finals where there will be no odds on shots and money will be punted 50-50 due to such tight games. Moaning fcukers.

Re: I dont hear the bookies moaning now

Bowles' date=' Germany beat Poland 2-0 mate but still, I see your point. Favourites have just stopped winning now we're at the end of the group stages and heading into the Quarter Finals where there will be no odds on shots and money will be punted 50-50 due to such tight games. Moaning fcukers.[/quote'] how many odds on shots have won though? In the 24 games played, i bet its only about half. Plus only 2 of the group favs won thier groups so all those accys are down.

Re: I dont hear the bookies moaning now You gotta laugh when these reps from the Big Bookies [ i use that last term loosely ] come on and plead for a break and how so-and-so has cost them umpteen thousands :lol BOLLOCKS what they've lost on one event they've packed the coffers with 10 others . It's pure free publicity on national TV for their companies and they love it.

Re: I dont hear the bookies moaning now To all those bookies out there claiming they are skint. If you are, give it up & do something else but stop coming on TV & using it as a stunt! The best pickings are made at Ascot or Cheltenham, if you can afford a pitch. Too much racing has not done any good, with too few people coming through the gates at shitty midweek meetings. However, even at shithole meetings, expenses, when you count them ALL up, can come to £300 a day, which isn't much use if you're taking peanuts, or losing. The big bookies are okay but the the yet to be established younger crew, and the old'uns left behind by Betfair technology, have to live from November to March, and it's not easy. You'd be surprised how many need to win at Cheltenham to get the books right for the previous 5 months. If you decide to go to Chester, York and Goodwood etc, you can win money, but the expenses are astronomical. Hotel prices rise whenever big meetings are on. Speculate to accumulate ??? Buying a pitch for a fcuking fortune (and on credit, even though it was a bargain) just before Cheltenham meant that my mate had to win, or he was skint, it was as simple as that. Don't get me wrong, most bookies win by the end of the year, but a lot are not as rich as some people seem to think.

Don't get me wrong' date=' most bookies win by the end of the year, but a lot are not as rich as some people seem to think.[/quote'] To be honest, my rant was against the big players - hills, Ladbrokes, Corals etc etc I feel sorry for the independant that has to make money at each meeting & one tartar could be the end for them. I come from a line of bookies from the 30's to the 70's, & you could get away with things then due to poor technology!

Bowles' date=' Germany beat Poland 2-0 mate but still, I see your point. Favourites have just stopped winning now we're at the end of the group stages and heading into the Quarter Finals where there will be no odds on shots and money will be punted 50-50 due to such tight games. Moaning fcukers.[/quote'] This is what Simon Clare from Corals said on Talksport yesterday: "the euro's have been a nightmare, it was a license to print money for the punters!" WTF, show us the figures man, & we might believe it.

Re: I dont hear the bookies moaning now I often think of an old customer named Peter, whose favourite phrase was 'You never see a bookie wearing bicycle clips.' :lol Or his favourite story, most of you have probably heard it in one form or another, but here it is again. You know, I've been backing horses with Archie for over 40 years. One day I was walking past the shop to get a paper as Archie pulled up in that fcuking great Merc. He waved at me but as I waved back I tripped arse over head on the pavement. Archie walked across to help me up and couldn't help noticing that the sole was hanging off one of my shoes. He said 'That could be dangerous, Peter.' and I replied 'Can't be helped Arch, I done my money last Saturday in your shop. I'm skint.' Archie stuck his hand into his overcoat pocket and pulled out a fcuking great wad of tenners. He took off the elastic band that held it all in a roill and gave me it. He said ' Put that round your shoe, it should last until payday.' Which was nice.

I often think of an old customer named Peter, whose favourite phrase was 'You never see a bookie wearing bicycle clips.' :lol Or his favourite story, most of you have probably heard it in one form or another, but here it is again. You know, I've been backing horses with Archie for over 40 years. One day I was walking past the shop to get a paper as Archie pulled up in that fcuking great Merc. He waved at me but as I waved back I tripped arse over head on the pavement. Archie walked across to help me up and couldn't help noticing that the sole was hanging off one of my shoes. He said 'That could be dangerous, Peter.' and I replied 'Can't be helped Arch, I done my money last Saturday in your shop. I'm skint.' Archie stuck his hand into his overcoat pocket and pulled out a fcuking great wad of tenners. He took off the elastic band that held it all in a roill and gave me it. He said ' Put that round your shoe, it should last until payday.' Which was nice.
:lol:lol:lol:lol :clap