Royal Ascot 17/06/08

I know there is an Ascot thread but I'm presuming we'll have a seperate one each day? Feel free to move this if need be. 2.30 Queen Anne Stakes This looks impossible to me so I'll be investing mini stakes only. I backed Arabian Gleam at huge odds LTO and he ran well. It's the same today, I think he should be closer priced to Tariq. He will probably run well without winning but I'll have an E/W bet at 29/6.6. 3.45 St James Palace Stakes Taken from another thread:

I think the betting is wrong for the St James Palace Stakes. HTN is entitled to be a short fav but I think there is too much difference between Twice Over and Ravens Pass but more so between Falco and Rio De La Plata. I think that RDLP should be joint 2nd fav with Falco. RDLP didn't have the hardest race in the world in the Derby he was on the bridle until hampered by the winner and wasn't given a hard time after. Rio De La Plata 20% E/W 14/1 Coral Rio De La Plata 30% E/W 5/1 (w/o Henrythenavigator) SJ
4.55 Ascot Stakes Handicap Spread my bets in this - see other thread. 5.30 Windsor Castle Stakes This will probably be one of my smallest bets of the week. Had a nice word for Aekef (12.5) FTO, he needed the run but the race has worked out ok -they do think a lot of them and he will win races. Brae Hill (10.5) has looked classy so far, the best chance a female jock has had for some time at Royal Ascot. Mick Channon has a fair record in this, his recent runners have performed as follows: 2007 - unlucky 3rd 2004 - 2nd 2003 - 1st 2002 - 9th 2001 - 12th 2000 - 8th 1999 - 1st, 2nd, 15th His Moss Vale (19) seems to be going the right way so far.

Re: Royal Ascot 17/06/08 455 ascot 2m4f handicap missoula been crying out for further, progressive handicapper last year now running for up and coming trainer suzy smith. was reported to be in season 1st run this year, looked like coming back to form last time out at haydock. looks a cracking each way bet at 25/1 sporting bet/skybet. will go off shorter.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.