It's poker, Jim, but not as we know it

slapdash

Pokerstars are running turbo rebuy $2 satellites to their $370 Main Event qualifier on Sunday. Starting stack 2000, 5 minute blind levels, and rebuys for the first hour (i.e., up to and including the 12th blind level, which is 800/1600 plus antes). Anybody who likes watching traffic accidents might enjoy the final stages of the rebuy period. :lol

Re: It's poker, Jim, but not as we know it Speaking of the $370 200 seat guaranteed satellite on Sunday, you can now use Step 3 STT tokens to enter Step 3a, with the top 2 getting a seat on Sunday. I'll be trying any type of satellite this week, as I'm getting desperate! :(

Re: It's poker, Jim, but not as we know it

Speaking of the $370 200 seat guaranteed satellite on Sunday' date=' you can now use Step 3 STT tokens to enter Step 3a, with the top 2 getting a seat on Sunday.[/quote'] Thanks! Might give that a go. I noticed "Step 3a" in the lobby today, but I hadn't checked out what it was.

Re: It's poker, Jim, but not as we know it No cigar. :sad Out in 6th place. I got KK UTG early on and made a standard 3xBB raise, and when it got back to me there had been an all-in reraise and a call (neither from short stacks). I folded (anybody think that was dumb?). I was quite shocked to find I was up against AQo (the reraiser) and KQo (the caller). Still, I did right to fold, as there was an ace on the turn. Eventually went out when I was short stack with JJ v K9s (he made a flush).

Out in 6th place. I got KK UTG early on and made a standard 3xBB raise, and when it got back to me there had been an all-in reraise and a call (neither from short stacks). I folded (anybody think that was dumb?). I was quite shocked to find I was up against AQo (the reraiser) and KQo (the caller). Still, I did right to fold, as there was an ace on the turn.
I'd have called, mainly because of it being a turbo. A normal sit and go I'd have thought hard about it. I still can't understand why they couldn't have normal ones in the first 3 levels.

I'd have called' date=' mainly because of it being a turbo. A normal sit and go I'd have thought hard about it. [/quote'] Maybe. Though I've played in a few of these Steps: in the first three levels the standard is quite weak, but they don't tend to be manic. Just an all-in reraise I'd have called, but with the call as well I thought it was over 50% that one of them had AA. Of course, when I saw their cards (but not when I saw the turn :tongue2) I wish I'd called.

Re: It's poker, Jim, but not as we know it Just had another go, and came 3rd. I folded Kings with 3 left as the short stack was very short and the big stack had raised me (as he did every hand), but the lucky person doubled up a couple of times and I had to play my A9 against KJ (King came of course). :(

Just had another go' date=' and came 3rd. I folded Kings with 3 left as the short stack was very short and the big stack had raised me (as he did every hand), but the lucky person doubled up a couple of times and I had to play my A9 against KJ (King came of course). :([/quote'] Ouch! Unlucky.

Re: It's poker, Jim, but not as we know it 3rd time lucky! :) PokerStars Tournament #91734943, No Limit Hold'em Super Satellite Buy-In: $75.00/$7.00 10 players Total Prize Pool: $750.00 Target Tournament #89000000 Buy-In: $370.00 2 tickets to the target tournament Tournament started - 2008/06/11 - 19:55:53 (ET) Dear GazBlades, You finished the tournament in 1st place. You qualified to play in Tournament #89000000 and are automatically registered for it. See Tournament #89000000 Lobby for further details. If you choose to unregister from this tournament your account will be credited with 370.00 W$. W$ can be used to buy into any qualifying special PokerStars event. Visit our web site at http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/tournaments/ for more details. Congratulations! Thank you for participating.

Re: It's poker, Jim, but not as we know it There seems to be a KK theme to this. Gaz and I have both folded KK preflop (I'd have lost if I hadn't, and Gaz will never know). But also I've gone out twice now when all-in with KK preflop (once I'd walked into aces, the other time I was short-stacked and got called by 99 and there was a 9 on the flop).

There seems to be a KK theme to this. Gaz and I have both folded KK preflop (I'd have lost if I hadn't' date=' and Gaz will never know). But also I've gone out twice now when all-in with KK preflop (once I'd walked into aces, the other time I was short-stacked and got called by 99 and there was a 9 on the flop).[/quote'] They don't call it jokerstars for no reason fella.

Re: It's poker, Jim, but not as we know it Ninth :$ time lucky. I was buying in at Step 2 for $27 a shot, and was doing rather better there than at Step 3A. I made 14 buy-ins to get my nine 3A entries, which cost me $378. I got one third place at Step 3A for $10, and once I got $1.50 for coming fourth at Step 1 after getting a fifth place at Step 2 and dropping down a level. So in total it cost me $366.50. So I saved $3.50 on the $370 direct buy-in! :nana Got agonizingly close on my fifth attempt, when there were three left, and I was narrowly the short-stack. I got all-in pre-flop with AA v JJ, which would have crippled the other guy if I'd won, but there was a jack on the flop. I eventually got through when I was in the last three with the shortest stack (I had about $4k, they both had about $5.5k) and they got all-in against each other. I can't remember the hands, but I thought at the time that they both made bizarrely reckless decisions: still, not complaining! Oh, and I won a couple of big hands with KK towards the end, so I'll forgive the cowboys! I'm hoping that the pain I've gone through to qualify will inspire me to give it my all on Sunday.