Best Bet Of The Day - Saturday 07/06/08

Epsom 4.00 - Frozen Fire (EW) A lot of talk this week about New Approach running in the Derby and I'm convinced it won't win. I don't think it will get the 1m4f and I feel the way it runs will inconvenience it and set the race up for one held up just off the pace with a late burst. I also feel it is impossible to train a horse for the Guineas, Irish Guineas and Derby, it can only peak once and that time has been and gone. I like the look of Tartan Bearer, have loads of respect for Stoutes horses in this race and Moore has chosen to ride this one. It only beat Frozen Fire by the shortest of distances and starts at around 6-1. Looking at the horse it beat I'm stunned to find that available at 22-1 with a legend like Mick Kinane on board. Both these horses are improving and have only had 3 races to date. I don't think a Dante runner up has ever won the Derby but I'm hoping the record books will be re written today with Frozen Fire. I don't feel there is one stand out horse like Authorized last year, any number of these are open to improvement and we could see another shock big priced winner. Murtagh has decided to ride King Of Rome but its best form is placed in a Gp3 which shouldn't be good enough to take this. Frozen Fire has only had the 1 race this season and will come on leaps and bounds for that and the extra 2f should be fine.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Saturday 07/06/08 TARTAN BEARER 4.00 Epsom. 1 point win. Ryan Moore hopefully has selected the right ride out of the Stoute runners and with this one looking good to handle the course and find a bit of improvement, I feel he can go very close. Hustle and bustle in The Derby as always, but I can see Ryan Moore dropping him out middle/rear and then flying at the end.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.