Inside Poker Sun City Freeroll

GaF

In association with PokerTime Sun City freeroll Your chance to win an amazing $10,000 VIP trip to the breathtaking Sun City resort in South Africa

By InsidePoker May 2008
South Africa is one of the hottest destinations in the world, and with the pound so strong against the South African rand right now there is no better time to visit. And thanks to InsidePoker, in association with PokerTime.com, you can get there for free in the second part of our five month series of $10,000 giveaways. This amazing series of freerolls gives you the chance to win one of five VIP trips to the Sun City resort in the awesome Pilanesberg National Park. While there you will have the chance to take in the jaw-dropping scenery, go on safari or simply relax by the pool. This is your second chance to win big so don’t miss out – register now! THE DETAILS 1. Go to www.pokertime.com, download and install the software. 2. Register your details as a real-money user and create a username and password (no deposit necessary; existing customers also eligible). 3. Find the freeroll in the Specials Tab under Scheduled Tournaments and register using the password: pokertime On the day of the tournament open the PokerTime software before 8pm, and shortly before the tournament begins you will be seated at your table. FREEROLL PRIZES 1st: A $10,000 package including flights, accommodation and spending money 2nd-9th: A share of a $500 prizepool THE DATE Tuesday, 1 July 8:00pm Password: on p.19 of the July issue of InsidePoker magazine WHAT IS SUN CITY? Sun City is a luxurious holiday resort located two hours outside of Johannesburg in South Africa. The resort draws thousands of visitors each year to its four top-quality hotels, two world-class golf courses and the magical Lost City water park. Located only 187 km from Johannesburg in South Africa’s North West province, the resort is surrounded by the imposing mountains of the Pilanesberg National Park, which is home to the ‘Big Five’ – elephant, rhino, lion, leopard and buffalo TERMS & CONDITIONS: All prizes are restricted to residents of the UK and Republic of Ireland. You must be over 18 to enter. Employees of Dennis Publishing and PokerTime are not eligible. You must be available to travel between Sep 1-13. Prizes are non-transferable. For full T&Cs see www.pokertime.com

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Inside Poker Sun City Freeroll got knocked out by someone from hamburg. me qq them 33 a 3 on the river of course. if these non uk/irish are gettiing password from the mag,then surely they must realise they are not entitled to the prizes and therefore are just wasting there time

Re: Inside Poker Sun City Freeroll Ahh - it was you - well played:clap. There were definately 2 or 3 'foreigners' in the final 9 so you should get bumped up. Why not fire off an e-mail to IP to enquire. Sorry I wasn't very chatty had a few tables open.

Re: Inside Poker Sun City Freeroll this is the response from pokertime regarding non uk players:hope Hi Shane Thank you for your email. I have sent a request to poker management to find out why 3 players who were not from UK or Ireland were allowed to play; if they remove the players and forfeit their winnings you should be moved to 7th position. Please allow for some time for them to get back to us regarding this. Thank you for playing with us and I am looking forward to hearing from you. If there is anything else I can assist you with, please don't hesitate to contact us. Kind Regards, Sean Poker Support Center

Re: Inside Poker Sun City Freeroll

this is the response from pokertime regarding non uk players:hope Hi Shane Thank you for your email. I have sent a request to poker management to find out why 3 players who were not from UK or Ireland were allowed to play; if they remove the players and forfeit their winnings you should be moved to 7th position. Please allow for some time for them to get back to us regarding this. Thank you for playing with us and I am looking forward to hearing from you. If there is anything else I can assist you with, please don't hesitate to contact us. Kind Regards, Sean Poker Support Center
hopefully you will get a few $ then and hopefully it will be uk/ireland only next month as im fed up with being knocked out by someone who should'nt be playing

Re: Inside Poker Sun City Freeroll oh well this is what pokertime have said................ Hi Shane Thanks for your e-mail. We have received feedback from the Poker Management team. Due to the fact that the Affiliate offered the password to the players in question, we as the PokerTime Poker room cannot move or alter outcome of the tournament. They have suggested that you get in contact with them and attempt to sort it out. There is regrettably nothing more we can do in this regard. Thanks for your patience and understanding. Kind Regards Riaan Floor Manager

so not good news i have emailed inidepoker twice but no response:wall

has anyone any ideas or should i just let it go but the only trouble is its gonna be exactly the same in next freerolls

think someone needssss:spank

Re: Inside Poker Sun City Freeroll

Floor Manager

so not good news i have emailed inidepoker twice but no response:wall

has anyone any ideas or should i just let it go but the only trouble is its gonna be exactly the same in next freerolls

think someone needssss:spank

I know Alun B was in Vegas the last week or so, so he will be catching up on Emails you may have sent in recently, hopefully he will be on PL soon and try and give you a reply:ok

Re: Inside Poker Sun City Freeroll Hi As Morls says I've been out of the office for a while and have a backlog of emails to get through. I will get in touch with PokerTime about this and see what they say. But I doubt they will be able to change the result on our request. Because the way some poker sites are set up, particularly the networked ones, the payouts are automatic and very hard to take back. What we do ensure happens is the big prizes only go to UK and RoI players. That is the big priority for us. The smaller prizes we are sometimes at the mercy of the poker site in question. Cheers Alun

Re: Inside Poker Sun City Freeroll Its amazing how say Pokerstars and Full Tilt can restrict the nationality of some tournies to say German or Usa only ..... yet Blue Square and Pokertime are unable to restrict the Poker Player and Inside tournies to UK and Ireland only .........:wall Surely its not THAT difficult .... after all they had ample warning and time to accomodate this situation .....

Re: Inside Poker Sun City Freeroll I agree with all the posts, non uk or roi should not be playin in these tournaments and as other sites can stop players i dont understand why poker time can't stop non uk or roi players from entering the game. BTW well played stall3y and Ade u both played well and am sure u both hav a good chance in the next one this month see u both there ;)

Re: Inside Poker Sun City Freeroll I agree with your post Alun .... but all software can be upgraded and all individual pokersites can surely ask for their "skin" to include any particular request ... This may be for a specific "own" tournament or offer which can surely be restricted ..... just my own personal thoughts but I may look further into it with the relevant software providers and poker sites :rollin..........

Re: Inside Poker Sun City Freeroll thxs, i shal, dont think i'ii come anywhere but have a nice hoilday bar time lol,l wife is mad and dancin most of time which is cool, but the point abot ppl playing from outside uk and roi is daft pokertime needs to do something about it as there has been a number of players on the final table last few games and they have taken out someone from uk or roi thats just un fair and not right and who knows wat could have happened, anyway gl all in next one