Inside Poker Mag - Poker God 3 - $10,000 Caribbean Cruise

GaF

Re: Inside Poker Mag - Poker God 3 - $10,000 Caribbean Cruise 49th for me. Wish it was top 50 for points. :( Still haven't a clue how that betting works. I seemed to be able to bet almost anything pre flop (although generally everyone was limping in ) - where does the pot limit bit come in? :unsure

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Inside Poker Mag - Poker God 3 - $10,000 Caribbean Cruise out in 22nd i pushed with ak suited and was called by bb 88 and they held for him..fairplay a bit hectic at times, i had 4 tournies going and was trying to watch football oops i missed that $5k canbet freeroll too gl to those still playing next leg on saturday $5buyin + $5 added by w hill per player i think

Re: Inside Poker Mag - Poker God 3 - $10,000 Caribbean Cruise looks like gaf has made the final table ,well done mate :clap:clap i got to hit the sack got to be up at 5am would have railed else.. so 4 of us in the points then by the looks of it if millbet is still PL that i recognise the name of

Re: Inside Poker Mag - Poker God 3 - $10,000 Caribbean Cruise

49th for me. Wish it was top 50 for points. :( Still haven't a clue how that betting works. I seemed to be able to bet almost anything pre flop (although generally everyone was limping in ) - where does the pot limit bit come in? :unsure
I didn't even realise it was pot limit :$ - out 33rd. The points structure this year is all geared towards the Buy-in tourneys- in previous years if you won a heat you automatically got through to the final. But if you win a Freeroll this year and don't hit the points in another match then your not even going to make the final - anyone finishing 15th or above in a buy-in tourney gains more points than a freeroll winner. Also no points just for registering. Although of course the money is always nice for winning.:)

Re: Inside Poker Mag - Poker God 3 - $10,000 Caribbean Cruise Out 20th rivered twice with dominant Aces for big pots - but hey ho !! Congratulations to IP and Will Hill - this cheap buy-in password protected format with added value should replace the European Union Free-for-alls that have been the main stay of past promotions. I know that the Virgin Festival will have had a big impact tonight [on numbers] but still think it works as a deterent to the freeloaders and yet still offers value for the genuine readers

Re: Inside Poker Mag - Poker God 3 - $10,000 Caribbean Cruise

Out 20th rivered twice with dominant Aces for big pots - but hey ho !! Congratulations to IP and Will Hill - this cheap buy-in password protected format with added value should replace the European Union Free-for-alls that have been the main stay of past promotions. I know that the Virgin Festival will have had a big impact tonight [on numbers] but still think it works as a deterent to the freeloaders and yet still offers value for the genuine readers
Totally agree with Joe's sentiments - the pay game much better than the freeroll. Got lucky tonight and ended up 6th :nana which I think got me $51 after the double up and 50 points. Gaf was unlucky going out on the river - my only complaint about the game was that when it got down to last 11 everyone was forced to play clock poker because of no synch feature on William Hill - the table of 5 was at a big disadvantage to table with 6 because of clock play. This pay and play produces a much superior game to the freeroll and because of the double points it will at least dump the total freeloaders down to the bottom. :cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Inside Poker Mag - Poker God 3 - $10,000 Caribbean Cruise The next 2 events have been announced in the August magazine. I can't see them in the lobby yet though :unsure. I had to upgrade, which always involves me reinstalling this site as it won't actually upgrade for some reason, so don't leave it til the last minute to register (once it appears). You'll also find some Pot Limit Omaha strategy tips on p23 of the magazine. And there's more here on the site. http://www.insidepokermag.co.uk/poker/variants/6246/pot_limit_omaha.html http://www.insidepokermag.co.uk/poker/variants/3474/pot_limit_omaha_strategy.html

Following the runaway success of Poker God 1 and 2, we’re happy to announce the third instalment of the freeroll extravaganza: The William Hill Poker God 3 Freeroll Championship, with a guaranteed $16k of prizes up for grabs. Once again, we’re looking to test your skills beyond just no-limit hold’em. We want to really test your poker mettle by asking you to play a host of different variants including pot-limit hold’em, pot-limit Omaha, short-handed play, limit hold’em and pure heads-up. Every month, there will be two online tournaments. The first is completely free to enter and will be one of the variants mentioned above. Reach the top 30 and you’ll receive a set number of points. The higher you come the more points you get – coming first gets you the maximum 30 points and making the final table also nets you a piece of a $1,000 prizepool. The second tournament in the month is a classic no-limit hold’em multi-table tournament which costs $5 to enter. Playing in this tournament is important for two reasons. Firstly, William Hill is generously juicing the pot: for every $5 entry they’re putting in another $5. The other reason is that placing in the top 30 once again gets you points – and crucially they’re worth double. After all the freerolls and tournaments are completed (over a five-month period), the top 40 on the leaderboard will play in a private 40-seater MTT where they’ll have the chance to play for a fantastic $10k luxury holiday package on board the MS Freedom of the Seas. Keep reading to find out more about this fantastic prize… HOW TO PLAY Below are the dates for the first two Poker God 3 events. To enter, follow these simple steps: 1. Go to williamhillpoker.com/pokergod, download the software and set up a real money account (existing customers are also eligible to enter). 2. Find the InsidePoker Poker God 3 tournament in the tournament lobby and register using the passwords found on page 22 of the August issue of InsidePoker magazine. Pot-limit Omaha freeroll DATE: Sunday, 20 July TIME: 8pm BUY-IN: Free No-limit hold’em MTT DATE: Saturday, 26 July TIME: 8pm BUY-IN: $5 GRAND FINAL At the end of the ten events, the top 40 players in the leaderboard will play in a private 40-seat Grand Final. Here they’ll play for the grand prize – a Caribbean Cruise package worth $10,000 which includes:
  • Seven nights on board the luxury cruise ship MS Freedom of the Seas
  • Accommodation for two in a deluxe or superior stateroom
  • Expenses to cover onboard activities

TERMS AND CONDITIONS Employees of Dennis Publishing and William Hill are not eligible to win. By entering you agree to your alias being published. Prizes are restricted to residents of UK and ROI. Only one Grand Final seat per player. All prizes are non-transferable. No cash alternatives are available for Grand Final prizes. All William Hill Poker T&Cs apply, see williamhillpoker.com

CASH AND POINTS DISTRIBUTION 1st $350 30 points* 2nd $250 29pts 3rd $150 28pts 4th $100 27pts 5th $50 26pts 6th $40 25pts 7th $30 24pts 8th $10 23pts 9th $10 22pts 10th $10 21pts 11th-30th $0 20, 19, 18, etc * Points accrued in the $5 MTT will be worth double