Tonights Live Rugby League - Batley v Dewsbury

This game is a very good betting opportunity for one good reason and that is there is a very big slope at Batley. Usually these games are not televised, so there is no advantage as one team has the slope and then the other in the second half. But now it is televised I will be waiting to see which team is playing down the slope and back them to win the first half. You can do half time handicaps. Then in the second half I will back the other side going down the hill. The second half to me is where it is more important as defences do tire. I have been to Batlay many, many times and seen 10 and 20 points difference in a side playing up the hill and then down the hill. It is a very big advantage. Batley are the favourites and half time betting is -4 Batley and +4 Dewsbury with nothing taken into account for the slope. At some point you will be able to get Dewsbury with start and playing down the slope and this to me will be the bigger bet of the two. Also I am going to do half time/full time betting on both sides as this does come up a lot with the slope. Staking plan will be Batley -4 for one half £150 Even money. Dewsbury +4 for the other half £150, again even money. Half time full time Dewsbury - Batley 13/2 £30 Half time Full time Batley - Dewsbury 15/2 £30 The above bet will depend on who is playing down the hill in the first half and so only one bet will be had here. So if Batley are playing down the hill first then I will go Batley - Dewsbury 15/2 and vice versa. Total staked £330 and I will post the results after the game. Good luck if anyone else fancys dipping their toes in.

Re: Tonights Live Rugby League - Batley v Dewsbury Just a quick point on the above. A well respected member p.med me and asked if I would put staking amounts instead of cash amounts as this helps gauge how much I fancy a bet or not and placing stake amounts tells nothing. I agree with him and from now on will put a points system from between 1 and 10 of how much I fancy the bet. I would place the first half and second half handicaps as descrped above to 8 pts each half and the double result to 2pts. Hope that is easier to follow.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.