**Poker Friday 6th June**

GaF

Re: **Poker Friday 6th June**

Missing out on tonights focus games...been waiting over 3 days now for a webdollar transfer to moneybookers...and a couple of months ago they were doing them in 24 hours! :wall I don't know why they mess about...PokerStars do their transfers instantly. Anyway I can get stuck into the PokerKings rake challenge instead. :ok
i can never understand why it doesnt happen instantly ,its all done by computers after all:@

Re: **Poker Friday 6th June** apologies if I missed it before but basically hilo is a chasing game and if you fail to scoop unless you have a deep stack you risk being short very early with pot limit. So it becomes more of a gambling game that suits the medway muppets but limit is a more skilful, refined game thats suits the more discerning amongst us i accept that against the medway muppets this may be true but sureley pl stops the odds of the muppet calls? being a muppet meslef should i like limit then?

Re: **Poker Friday 6th June** ok tonights scores first me:D2 wins and a 4th for 171 points 2nd gaf 115points 3rd strider 87 points 4th mcfc 82 points 5th slap 78 points 6th hodgey 57points 7th gazza 49 points 8th row row 43 points 9th pistn 36 points 10th=wurzel 24 points 10th= griff 24 points 10th=goater 24 points 13th rivrd 15 points

uber i feel this is a serious point as a man who likes a drink on a friday can we change the order as i hate straight omaha but struggle to stay awake for the 10 oclock game could we please swap them around
i will change it for next week but it should be cash hilo;)

ok tonights scores first me:D2 wins and a 4th for 171 points
Well done, Uber, a convincing victory. I can't work out why I've done so well in stud (a 1st and a 2nd the two weeks I've played). I have an idea of how to play Omaha hi/lo, half an idea of how to play Omaha, but no idea at all of how to play Stud.

Well done, Uber, a convincing victory. I can't work out why I've done so well in stud (a 1st and a 2nd the two weeks I've played). I have an idea of how to play Omaha hi/lo, half an idea of how to play Omaha, but no idea at all of how to play Stud.
You must be getting to know your touchy feely side instead of your mathsy side and playing on instinct. :ok:clap

You must be getting to know your touchy feely side instead of your mathsy side and playing on instinct. :ok:clap
I can't decide whether to take that as a compliment or to feel insulted. :unsure Dammit, I'll take it as a compliment! Thanks, Helen! :ok

cheers slap:oki tend to either blow out early or run riot, a lot of that is the nature of omaha. you should be pretty good at stud because the math side is much more important (and trickier than holdem),limit should be a help as well. i know you said you dont pay enough attention usually so i'm wondering if you were watching all the cards out and remembering them. thats the real trick to stud ,it not only helps with your outs but also your opponents possible hand;)

i know you said you dont pay enough attention usually so i'm wondering if you were watching all the cards out and remembering them. thats the real trick to stud ,it not only helps with your outs but also your opponents possible hand;)
I try to pay some attention to the cards that are out, especially when they're obviously relevant to my hand, but if you think I'm in "maths mode" on a Friday evening then you're seriously flattering me! Paying attention to the cards (which is a short term thing) is very different from paying attention to the players (which is a longer term thing, and which you have to do when you're not involved in a hand and are reading PL/reading email/watching TV/pouring a drink/drinking/wondering why you've run out of drink/ ....).