**Poker Friday 6th June**

GaF

Re: **Poker Friday 6th June** right, i have downloaded pokertracker:nanabut i havent really had the time to work it out yet:wall so for safety i think we better stick with the usual mtts for tonight :ok will be sorted for a cash game next week tho ;) will set the tables up this arvo.

Re: **Poker Friday 6th June**

tables are up for tonight:ok table 1 pl omaha @8.30 table2 pl stud (no its not pot limit)@9.30 table 3 pl omaha hilo @10.30 all are on laddies in private mtts.
can u guys tell me where the game is for
06/06/200820:30 BSTLadbrokes Kinky Night in with Ubermonkey
It's on Ladbrokes, under Private/MultiTableTournaments - details as in Ubers post above :ok

Limit Stud hilo is my bag but uber is scared to be that kinky on a Friday but he still insists on being a complete deviant by having a PL Omaha hilo game :@
:zzz:zzz now i know how the mods feel:lol:lol:lol the public consensus every week had pl more popular . i even played limit just for you and you still donked out :lol you may as well give pl a go,you might have a better chance as its luck based;) ps dont think you can play stud hilo on laddies:sad

Re: **Poker Friday 6th June** Think Bri may have a point here,we always play p/l omaha hilo and although this is my favourite variant,how about we mix it up and go for Bri's suggestion. No limit Omaha Hi/lo for a change;)

Think Bri may have a point here,we always play p/l omaha hilo and although this is my favourite variant,how about we mix it up and go for Bri's suggestion. No limit Omaha Hi/lo for a change;)
i actually like nl hilo ,but i'm one sick monkey:lol

Re: **Poker Friday 6th June** Never thought I'd say this. :$ But I kind of agree with WASP. There's more randomness in Omaha hi/lo, in that an average pair of hands are closer together in terms of equity. I don't think there's anything wrong with a pot-limit Omaha hi/lo cash game, but in a tournament (especially starting with fairly shallow stacks) I think fixed limit is probably better. But I'll play anything, me!

Re: **Poker Friday 6th June** i think i might put my newly downloaded tracker software to good use;) i will pick out a few hands from tonights games for some strategy threads , there doesn't seem to be much good variant strategy anywhere so i think it could help everyone:ok

I think I'll have a crack at the omaha focus games tonight but might give the stud a miss cos I don't have a clue how to play it!
That's no excuse! I have no clue either, but I won last week (partly because I didn't realize it was pot-limit until it was down to about four players :().

That's no excuse! I have no clue either' date=' but I won last week (partly because I didn't realize it was pot-limit until it was down to about four players :().[/quote'] Oh, and mostly because GaF was distracted by something more important when we were heads-up.

wasp why is hi lo best at limit i have asked you before but never had an answer
apologies if I missed it before but basically hilo is a chasing game and if you fail to scoop unless you have a deep stack you risk being short very early with pot limit. So it becomes more of a gambling game that suits the medway muppets but limit is a more skilful, refined game thats suits the more discerning amongst us

That's no excuse! I have no clue either' date=' but I won last week (partly because I didn't realize it was pot-limit until it was down to about four players :().[/quote'] Nice one! :lol But I don't even know how many cards you get dealt to start with. :unsure

I think I'll have a crack at the omaha focus games tonight but might give the stud a miss cos I don't have a clue how to play it!
everyones welcome to play one or all of the games:ok stud really isn't that hard to pick up ,in fact in many ways its similar to holdem, so if you fancy it give it a go . the main difference is with the betting ,in that the player with the lowest card brings in(forced bet like a blind)so if it says you must bring in ,you have to put that blind in or raise . once you are past that its the normal fold ,check ,raise etc. as its limit theres not to much chance of a really early exit ,so you should get a while to pick things up. we kept the buy in nice and low so that it would be a good way for people to learn a new game with very little risk,but enough for a little spice. hopefully it will work in a similar way to the pl leagues,helping those less experianced players become better players by playing the more experianced at small risk.

Re: **Poker Friday 6th June** Missing out on tonights focus games...been waiting over 3 days now for a webdollar transfer to moneybookers...and a couple of months ago they were doing them in 24 hours! :wall I don't know why they mess about...PokerStars do their transfers instantly. Anyway I can get stuck into the PokerKings rake challenge instead. :ok