Football results/match details database

Hello people, I'm looking for a database of football results including details of the match such as time of goals scored, red/yellow cards etc. (i.e. not just results). Ideally these would be Premiership matches, last 10 years or so but the more data the better. These things must exist as obviously they are driving sites such as soccerbase, but everywhere I have contacted so far has either not replied or given a prohibitively expensive quote (I am expecting to have to pay for this, but within reason!). The database is to be used for an academic project. Thanks to anyone that can help.

Re: Football results/match details database As far as budget is concerned, I don't know exactly - but it is certainly not anywhere near £5k, which is what I have been quoted by one place (and that is just for access to, not even ownership of a database)...

Re: Football results/match details database :lol i think i know the place. First have a look here: www.football-data.co.uk The available competitions and data is limited but it is free and the CSV files can easily be imported in a database. A second possibility is that someone on here is kind enough to provide a copy of a database they have. Third possibility is that you try on a site like www.rentacoder.com for a free-lancer to make you something. From my own experiance the budget would be approximately: If you want a database with only basic historic data budget 200$-250$ if you also want the data to be kept up-to-date over time add 250$ if you want extensive information like goaltimes or cards add 250$ ( Premiership only historic but including goaltimes and cards would be around 500$ , that is i wouldn't pay any free-lancer any more than that and you really should be able to find someone to do it with that as a budget ) Even though you only want the premiership it doesn't matter that much if it's one or 20 competitions. You pay for the time it takes to create and manage the copy of the database. If it's really only the Premiership be nice to us :lol there's a few guy's on here with databases, you might get lucky.

Re: Football results/match details database Thanks, I've already been in touch with football-data and they don't have the time of goals information. The prices you mention sound roughly what I was expecting. The quote for £5k came with the phrase "this information is extremely valuable in the betting community". I mean come on, it's freely available and published in newspapers and websites every weekend, all I want is it in a nice database form!