Rugby League - Northern Rail Cup - Celtic Crusaders

I have just seen the prices for the revised Northern Rail Cup which really surprised me. I backed Celtic Crusaders ante post at 9/1 each way to win it and feel I have to steam in again at a silly price of 11/4 to win it outright. There are no guarantees, but I am sure the winner is going to come from the Celtic v Salford game. The other two teams are Doncaster and Batley and I give any of these very little chance of beating either in the final. I have thought for some time Salford are over rated and it showed when they lost to Whitehaven away and deserved to. Celtic lost by two points a couple of weeks back away at Salford and I truly thought they were the better side. Celtic also saw off a decent Widnes side in the last round 50 - 18 and I would have to make these favourites at home to Salford in the semi finals, I really do fancy them to beat them and would put them up as favourites. So why Salford are 1/2 and Crusaders 11/4 to win the competion, I really have no clue and even with my ante post bet will be firing into them again at this price. Those are my thoughts and fingers crossed, but they to me should be no bigger than 6/4 and if the price is wrong win or lose they just have to be backed. Here are the odds with a few bookies pricing them up at 11/4 http://www.oddschecker.com/rugby-league/northern-rail-cup/win-market

Re: Rugby League - Northern Rail Cup - Celtic Crusaders I think this is a very good shout Karel. I've seen Salford "live" twice this season when they've played my team. They are nt as strong as Castleford were when they were in the National Leagues and I would go as far to say, they don't even match Widnes before they went into administration. Celtic are a good team which I've seen personally quite a few times over the past couple of years. Brilliant going forward, very quick but suspect when defending. I'm getting a bit cynical about rugby league at the moment, I'm not going as far as saying its bent but I do have some suspicions. I'm not really one for conspiracy theories but I'm starting to think the game is dictated to some extent by the powers that be. (haha sorry about the rant ;)) Two lines of thought, if it is Celtic vs Batley/ Doncaster final the crowd will be pathetic, they would be lucky to get over 3/4,000. Not a good advert. Salford could easly fetch 5,000+ fans on their own. The other line of thought is franchises, Celtic get preferential treatment from the RFL and have been banking on a franchise. They don't get many points though through the set criteria and for them to get in, it would mean a traditional team being put into the wilderness (even if Super League is expanded to 14, that means either Widnes or Salford missing out). Celtic getting to a final and ultimately winning it would make their case stronger. Well done getting on at 9/1 :ok:ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.