Golf: 29/5-1/6 - Wales Open; The Memorial

WALES OPEN Alex Noren 33/1 Various A young Swede with a real talent for this game from what he has shown so far. Went well at Wentworth and with the new course being used for a tournament for the first time won't be at a disadvantage of others having had experience of playing here before. THE MEMORIAL Geoff Ogilvy 20/1 Various I've had a fair old each way bet on the Aussie Ogilvy for this tournament. Finished 7th at The Colonial last week, and came 9th in this tournament last year. Ranks with Paul Casey as my favourite golfer after the Tiger, and he has earned me plenty winnings in the past. Given his recent form, his past form at this venue, and the fact I just like a punt on him, he was a must bet for me this week. They're my 2 main bets for this weekend, but I am also having 16 x 50p each way doubles on the following Geoff Ogilvy 20/1 KJ Choi 33/1 Jeff Quinney 50/1 Paul Casey 66/1 xxxxx Bradley Dredge 25/1 Alex Noren 33/1 Mikko Ilonen 100/1 Marcel Siem 125/1

Re: Golf: 29/5-1/6 - Wales Open; The Memorial Wales Open I agree that Alexander Noren is long overdue his Maiden Win,but I can,t help but think that for all he possesses in one of the best swings on tour,he has to learn to putt better. As for Bradley Dredge I could have layed him on Betfair at the Irish Open going into Sunday,but as I watched Saturday,s coverage with sheer delight at his steady management of the course I decided he would go one better than last years defeat to Padraig Harrington,so decided to let my win bet run.I am still nursing a ton-50 sore one,but you can,t win them all. Don,t know about Mikko this week but at 125/1 Marcel Siem could be value as E/W,he is certainly long enough off the tee. My own money is going on Robert Karlsson,which might seem a bit of a hedgers bet but I think this fella could trouble westwood for the order of merit come September. I heard with interest that the Par 5,s are out of reach "Quote from Oliver Wilson"! This would bring the good wedge players into it so watch out for the big classy indian Jeev Milkha Singh. Good luck and happy punting!

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.