PL Exclusive - Virgin Festival @ DTD - Minimum 3 seats !!!!

Guest gazza271

PL Exclusive - Virgin Festival @ DTD - Minimum 3 seats !!!!  

1. 1.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PL Exclusive - Virgin Festival @ DTD - Minimum 3 seats !!!!

Who decides when I've made a resonable contribution?
The moderators. The standards we apply vary with the kind of added value tournament, but basically we negotiate these deals for the benefit of our members, and obviously want our genuine members to get the benefit rather than people who join solely for the freebies.

Re: PL Exclusive - Virgin Festival @ DTD - Minimum 3 seats !!!! Mmm. I can't say I like the vague answer as to what i actually need to do to qualify for future Virgin Free rolls. I would be more than happy if it came up with a message, when I tried to Vote, saying to qualify you need to be a member for "X" months , and or posted "Y" number of times. Specific requirements would not leave any doubt as to the fairness. When it said in order to get the password I needed join it led me to believe that was my only requirement. It could be viewed by some cynics that with no definite stated requirement it could be in the moderators interests not to give out password's to tourneys with 3 guaranteed seats and only 11 runners! I would also guess that my criticism means that my requirements just got harder. Good Luck in your Tournament

Mmm. I can't say I like the vague answer as to what i actually need to do to qualify for future Virgin Free rolls. I would be more than happy if it came up with a message, when I tried to Vote, saying to qualify you need to be a member for "X" months , and or posted "Y" number of times. Specific requirements would not leave any doubt as to the fairness. When it said in order to get the password I needed join it led me to believe that was my only requirement.
The first post in this thread says: "These exclusive seats are for established PL'ers, myself and the other Mods will be very strict when deciding who is eligible to play. We will take everything (post's/contribution/join date etc) into account when deciding."
Good Luck in your Tournament
Thanks.

I would also guess that my criticism means that my requirements just got harder.
I would be confident we would be more objective than that :ok You need to understand however that we are a community. We are a community based on give and take, and on sharing (as well as healthy banter and friendly competition). We are in no way linked to Virgin. Virgin (and other poker rooms) provide us with Value added tournaments to encourage our members to participate on their site. The added value is for members of our community. Filling in a form to create a username and password does not make you a member of the community. If your approach is one whereby your goal is "how can I get this community to let me share in their added value", then you will find it difficult to get to the stage whereby you are accepted and sent passwords. If you instead just try to become a part of the community, share any good information you may have on (non private) value tournaments, share strategy tips, participate in the banter etc, then you will realise that it is exceptionally easy to share in the added value we get. There are a number of UK focused poker communities out there - I would be confident that they all have added value Virgin Festival touries, and I would be confident that they all have similar entry requirements to us to share in that value. I would suggest you look at the main ones - other than ourselves, in no particular order, there is www.aworldofpoker.com, www.blondepoker.com and www.eatmystack.co.uk - have a look at us all - work out which community you would most like to be a part of, and look to participate in the community. The added value will follow!

Re: PL Exclusive - Virgin Festival @ DTD - Minimum 3 seats !!!! Thank you for your reply GotaFancy it's certainly given me something to think about. I'll give it some thought for a day or so and make a decision then. I'm currently steaming after being knocked out of the normal 19.30 Sunday night V gin qualifier bun fight against a load of maniacs, and having to watch you guys play in a very gentle looking 11 player event. I do have some problems with forums generally, and with poker ones you get all the usual ones, plus Bad Beat stories to put up with as well. Do you have any normal non-added value events that a new person could enter to get a feel for what it's like?

Guest gazza271

Re: PL Exclusive - Virgin Festival @ DTD - Minimum 3 seats !!!! Rosco and myself through from the first game :ok, gl all for the next 2 games :ok ScreenShot004.jpg

Thank you for your reply GotaFancy it's certainly given me something to think about. I'll give it some thought for a day or so and make a decision then. I'm currently steaming after being knocked out of the normal 19.30 Sunday night V gin qualifier bun fight against a load of maniacs, and having to watch you guys play in a very gentle looking 11 player event. I do have some problems with forums generally, and with poker ones you get all the usual ones, plus Bad Beat stories to put up with as well. Do you have any normal non-added value events that a new person could enter to get a feel for what it's like?
We have a "focus game" every night which we award ranking points for. These are usually just standard public games but that we use to give a ranking score to PL'rs. Play in those (remembering to vote for your ranking points) and we'll start to see you around, chat to you at the tables and start looking out for how you're doing. Focus games are a good way to ease yourself into the community :ok Every friday we have a "kinky deviant" night of poker. This is 3xMTTs either 45 or 60 minutes apart and poker variants. They are private (not password protected) tables on ladbrokes. The first game is typically Pot Limit Omaha, the 2nd game is typically 7 Card Stud and the final game is typically Omaha Hi/Lo. They are a $2 buy in each (no added value) and we use them as a friendly game, and a cheap introduction to the variants :ok As has been said - we enforce different levels of strictness on private games - depending on the value offered. Virgin Festival tickets are extremely scarce and high in demand, which is why we were strict with tonights game. We have a Wednesday night buy in league (new league for June starting this Wednesday) with a €2 buy in and value added. We're a bit less strict with that and you may well have a good chance of being welcomed to that game (though that's not an assurance or a promise - we typically do not allow complete newcomers in to that, but you have a few days to show whether you wish to be a part of the community or not) Hope to see you at the tables soon :ok

Guest gazza271

Re: PL Exclusive - Virgin Festival @ DTD - Minimum 3 seats !!!! Just a bump :ok Game 2 of 3, last week's tournament only had 11 runners which produced 2 seats :ok

Guest gazza271

davey' date='mcgin sent[/quote'] Just beat to it :lol sent again :lol