NRL Round 11

Friday 23 May 2008 Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Manly Sea Eagles v St George Illawarra Dragons (20:45BST) 1.42 25.00 4.00 99.42 % Details »
Hide « Manly Sea Eagles v St George Illawarra Dragons
Saturday 24 May 2008 Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
South Sydney Rabbitohs v Melbourne Storm (20:30BST) 5.00 28.00 1.25 103.57 % Details »
Hide « South Sydney Rabbitohs v Melbourne Storm
Sunday 25 May 2008 Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Wests Tigers v Gold Coast Titans (16:00BST) 1.65 21.00 2.75 101.73 % Details »
Hide « Wests Tigers v Gold Coast Titans
New Zealand Warriors v Sydney Roosters (17:00BST) 2.30 21.00 1.77 104.74 % Details »
Hide « New Zealand Warriors v Sydney Roosters
Monday 26 May 2008 Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
The Bulldogs v Cronulla Sharks (20:00BST) 2.25 21.00 1.80 104.76 % Details »

Re: NRL Round 11 Quite fancy the Dragons tonight. Have a superb record against Manly and instincts are pointing me to the Dragons. Have taken them +9.5 @ 2.10 and 1-12 @ 4.50. The best bet of the game IMO though is Jason Ryles MOTM @ 31.00 He's the Dragons forward leader and if they win will likely have a lot of runs and tackles, and plays a similar role to Laffranchi and Heighington, who are both recent Channel 9 MOTM winners.

Re: NRL Round 11 CP, are you still betting on the draws? We haven't had one for a couple of weeks... Theres a few games this week that i think could go to golden point, hopefully! I started doing them in about round 4 or 5, and it was going pretty well, but if there isn't one within the next two rounds, i'm back to even for them. Cooper is in doubt for the dragons tonight i hear.

Re: NRL Round 11 You're a brave man taking the Dragons at Brookie CP! Although they are playing better as a team and look like they are all putting in, it will only take Watmough and Cuthbertson a couple of runs at Jamie Soward to scare him off tackling for the night, and then it will be all over for the Dragons. Manly will win this. Cronulla should also be too good for the Bulldogs on Monday night. They are only giving away 1.5 points, on face value this is about a 5.5-6.5 point line. Take the Sharks to cover the 1.5

Re: NRL Round 11 Manly win by 1-12 margin Manly have won 6 of thier last 7 games while the Dragons have won 2 of their last 3. The Dragons are Manly’s bogey side, as they have won eight of the last 11 clashes and at Brookvale Oval, they have won three of the last five games. The Sea Eagles won 28-24 at Brookvale Oval in their last meeting last year. Defensively, Manly are a very good team and will look to keep Gasnier and Cooper in check. They play quite well at home, while the Saints tend to mix up their form. Manly should win this but will be forced to battle all the way to win by a narrow margin Melbourne win by 1-12 margin Souths were pathetic in their loss to Canberra last Monday night so look for them to bounce back as they can't play any worse than they did. While the Storm would be expected to win this by 30 points, they do have most of their players backing up after the Origin game so look for some tired bodies out there. The teams met last season in Gosford with Melbourne winning 12-8 but the conditons were poor and they did have a host of players out. The Storm should win this but a combination of complacency, tiredness and an improved Souths performance (i hope) will see the Storm win by less than the 12 points rather than the expected 20+ points Wests -6.5 Wests were below par in their win over Newcastle last week as Sheens ripped into the players for that performance. Now they go to Leichhardt oval where they seem to get more passion and discipline into their game. As for the Titans, there are still question marks over their performance on the road and even though they are good solid unit, but so are the Tigers if they are up for it. However the Tigers seem to lift at Leichhardt and they should do so here against the Titans Warriors win by 1-12 margin Both teams have quite a few NZer's in their respective teams o this becomes somewhat of a derby game. The Roosters have been in great recent form and Anasta has been sensational. The Warriros were ordinary last week but at home this season, they are undefeated with 4 wins out of 4. The Warriors hold a 6-3 advantage over the Roosters at Mt Smart and have won three of the past five games. Look for the Warriors to make upo for last weeks performance as both sets of forwards do battle. However with the Roosters forwards backing up after Origin then fatigue may become another factor that leads to a Warriors win, albeit not by much. Cronulla win by 1-12 margin Cronulla have been playing the better game out of the two teams but they struggle to score and put the score beyond doubt. While the Bulldogs continue to have internal problems they are still competitive on the field and will test a very good Sharks defence. However, the defence should hold and they should be able to squeeze out another narrow victory with their Origin palyers like Gallen and Byrd having a big say in it

Re: NRL Round 11

Anyone got any thoughts on the over/under for tonights match? It's set at 39.5
Manly have a great record at Bookvale oval and last year they only lost one game there but after overcoming a slow start this year they have started showing the form of last year and with last years game against the dragons being a high scoring event (28-24) i can't see why this game won't go over. Dragons have three players backing up from S.O.O. with cooper in doubt while Manly only have Stewart backing up. It's a bit hard drawing a line through last weeks win by the dragons as they beat a very under strength storm and have been very ordinary before that. Think Manly should have a comfortable win tonight.

Have taken them +9.5 @ 2.10 and 1-12 @ 4.50.
Congrats mate! I knew they had a chance, didn't think they would actually get the win but lol. What is everyone betting on in todays game? I'm a bit scared off from last nights upset, but i will probably end up betting on total points or something. Inglis is out, and a chunk of the team may still be tired from origin. Souths only lost 12-8 last year when Storm were missing a few players... I wonder if it will be that close again.

Quite fancy the Dragons tonight. Have a superb record against Manly and instincts are pointing me to the Dragons. Have taken them +9.5 @ 2.10 and 1-12 @ 4.50. The best bet of the game IMO though is Jason Ryles MOTM @ 31.00 He's the Dragons forward leader and if they win will likely have a lot of runs and tackles' date=' and plays a similar role to Laffranchi and Heighington, who are both recent Channel 9 MOTM winners.[/quote'] Superb effort crouch :ok, keep it up. :cheers Souths v Melbourne These two played each other at Bluetongue Stadium last year, ended with a 12-8 win to Melbourne. Melbourne of course have over half their team backing up from state of origin (and may I just say, how wonderful that was ;)), however, I think Melbourne will still be too strong for the Rabbitohs, I am taking Melbourne 1-12 @ 3.00 Don't think there is a Super 14 thread, so will post here. Like the look of Waratahs 13+ against the Sharks @ 2.75, Waratahs have won the last 4 against the Sharks in Sydney, all by 13 or more. Waratahs also unbeaten at home this season (6/6) Good Luck all. :hope

Re: NRL Round 11 Cheers guys. A shame they gave MOTM to Poore over Ryles though. Actually put to much of a focus on Ryles for MOTM over the more mainstream bets, which is slightly annoying. Great work by those on the Storm 1-12. Two good betting games today IMO: Warriors to win @ 2.25 Lasseters The Warriors will be boosted today by the return of Price, though unfortunately Witt is still out. The Warriors have won 4/4 at home this season and despite the Roosters good form I think they will make it 5/5. Myles, Fitzgibbon, Tupou and Mason all played Origin on Wednesday and now they have to make the longest road trip in the NRL, against forwards the size of Tuimavave and Price. IMO, this is where the Warriors will win it, and being underdogs in this match is a bonus from a betting perspective. Wests Tigers 1-12 @ 3.15 Lasseters The Titans are in great form at the moment but the Tigers are at Leichardt and in Marshall, Farah and Head they should have enough to beat the Titans today. The Titans aren't the best on the road, having lost around 12 of their 15 road games since their inception. They are also without Laffranchi who is their best forward, so they lose quite a bit from him. They still have a good outfit that will be competitive, but I don't believe they can win it, which is why the 1-12 is IMO a much better bet than the match odds, where they are paying just 1.50. I also like Farah for MOTM @ 6.50, but the odds in proportion to the 1-12 aren't great, so it's just a little sidebet (Something that I should apply to MOTM bets regardless of their odds :lol)

Re: NRL Round 11 Alright, lets see if we can keep it going from last night's win... Warriors v Roosters Pretty tough game imo. Warriors have back Michael Witt who didn't play last week when they got smacked by the panthers, I think this will be crucial, in both kicking and last play options. Roosters have a few forwards backing up, who may be a tad tired, while the Warriors should have a fresh forward pack. As long as Anasta doesn't come out and repeat his 2nd Half performence against Parramatta last week, I think the Warriors will win. Warriors @ 2.25. Also going to have somthing small on Simon Mannering to score the first try @ 21.00. Tigers v Titans Marshall and Farrah make a huge difference to this team, and Matthew Head at halfback completes the equation imo. As crouch said, Titans are without Laffranchi, which is a blow for them. While the Tigers only managed 1/3 (wins/matches) at Leichardt Oval last season, the three seasons before that, they had a combined 9/10 record. Tigers -4.5 @ 1.91 Good Luck with your bets crouch. :hope

Re: NRL Round 11 Hey guys, good night last night. For me today - Roosters 1-12 The Warriors have been adequate at home this year to scrape through with the wins, but I think this Roosters side can give them a good challenge and come out on top just. Tigers 1-12 The Titans have been average away from the GC all year and with Sheens blasting his side last week I think they can pip the comp leaders in a close one.

I thought Witt was still out this week, you sure he will be playing today? He isn't listed in the first try scorer markets either
Yeah, he is out according to tv coverage, damn newspaper and nrl.com had him down as in the team. Roosters have Amos Roberts out, and he is listed in newspapers and nrl website as well. Bloody hell, thats annoying.

Re: NRL Round 11 This is the first round in a long time that i've only betted on one game (manly vs dragons) and lucky because the bets i was thinking of all lost lol. I was also thinking of overs for the tigers match, which would have been no good too. I was thinking of the remaining 3 games, all either team under 6.5, that would have been the only one that payed off.

Re: NRL Round 11 I'm going to have to put some sort of bet on tomorrows game... - The Bulldogs have lost two of their last three matches at ANZ Stadium. - Cronulla have won only two of their last nine matches between the two sides. - The Bulldogs have only once in the past three seasons lost four matches in row. - Cronulla's last two matches at ANZ Stadium have been won by only two points. Cronulla by 2 @ $21 might be worth a small investment. Close game i feel. Possibly an "either team under 6.5" game. I'll wait till tomorrow and see the final team lists

Re: NRL Round 11 This will be a tight match tonight, as almost all games are involving the Sharks. Despite their poor record against the Dogs I am sticking with my bet of earlier in the week of the Sharks -1.5 at $1.90. This line has now moved out a point. Kimmorley is playing well for the Sharks, and they get Gallen, Bird and I think Ross back this week. The Dogs halves combination just don't set the world on fire, and I think even their strongest supporters are already looking towards next year.

Re: NRL Round 11 Under 39.5 Half stakes: 41-50 fun bet - sharks by 2 Sharks games are "under" most of the time, but i just put a saver on 41-50 just in case. Something like 20-24 or similar won't surprise me. If its 40, i'm screwed unless sharks win by 2 :P

Re: NRL Round 11 Shocking... should have gone with my gut with the over. Also didn't consider el masri's goal kicking. The only good decision i made was to bet small lol. Next round is a full round, which will have a lot of good betting opportunities