Its all just a game of luck - discuss.....

JulioArca

10 man SNG with low buyin but this doesn't excuse it :loon 1st Hand Villain allin preflop 6s5c gets called by AdAh - 7d8s8h6d4s 2nd Hand Villain allin preflop 8s3s gets called by KsJc - 7hAs3h6d4h 3rd Hand Villain allin preflop Kd3s gets called by Ks7s - 4sQh2h3d9h 4th Hand Villain allin preflop Ks9s gets called by me with AsAc - 6c4h3sJs4s Now a 6 man SNG after 4 hands - unbelievable. Odds were 19.21% - 80.47% 34.85% - 64.41% 21.72% - 51.39% 16.42% - 83.15% :puke

Re: Its all just a game of luck - discuss..... Luck? Depends on timescale. 4 hands? Yep - it's almost entirely luck. 4,000,000,000 hands? There would be virtually no luck involved at all (I was going to say no luck, but suspect I'd be picked up on that - the amount of luck would however be immeasurably small)

Re: Its all just a game of luck - discuss..... It is sick but I agree with GotaFancy, over long periods this guy will lose a fortune. I was on a rotten run last week where I couldn't win nothing despite having the best hand time and time again. I was raging at the time but now you realise there is always next time and you will come out on top against players like this over the next few months or such.

Re: Its all just a game of luck - discuss..... It certainly doesn't help that all online poker is rigged;). You will sometimes get players like that. I was in the Boss 10c Rebuy tourney this week and a guy went on a sick run of winning hand after hand with complete trash hands. I suspect that this is not a profitable long term solution and these maniacs are exactly the kind of guys you want to sit down with.

Re: Its all just a game of luck - discuss.....

You will sometimes get players like that. I was in the Boss 10c Rebuy tourney this week and a guy went on a sick run of winning hand after hand with complete trash hands. I suspect that this is not a profitable long term solution and these maniacs are exactly the kind of guys you want to sit down with.
That's the Cheapskates? With significant (compared to the buy-in) added value in a rebuy, playing like a maniac during the rebuy period is probably just sane, conservative poker!