Saturday Racing Crowds

According to Rishi, there are loads of families, picnics, and fun at Ascot today. Just the reason why I hardly go racing anymore, especially on a Saturday. No offence to anyone, everyone should be encouraged. But this is racing, why is the above seen as a good thing? Racing needs money and I'm sure the bookies love this sort of crowd. ;) I went to the Cambridgeshire for the last time when Lear Spear won it, I struggled to get on most of the time due to the endless crowds of non-punters, I was climbing over pushchairs in the ring - why would you have your kid next to the hustle and bustle of the bookies? I missed the price about Kissogram as I could get past a couple kissing in front of a book. He got a volley of a abuse I can tell you. And don't even get me started on Derby Trial day at Lingfield. Rant over.

Re: Saturday Racing Crowds It's the hen do's and stag do's I can't stand. I was at Donny last day of last season and there were a group of lads, one of them was a real gobshite, thought he was Pricewise cos he backed a winner and was bragging about all his winnings - all £35 of it. :loon Told all his pals to get on this horse in the last race, it was nowhere, mug. I don't like the racing snobbery though either, the toffs that are more concerned with who their pals are wearing (Oh Prada darling) and sipping Pimms really fcuk me off as do the hoorah henrys at the jumps tracks in their tweed waistcoats. I go for the racing cos I love the sport.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.