Chepstown Tuesday 06/05/08

2.10 Truly Fruitful is the best in with the weights here (after the claim) but he isn't my idea of the winner. I'm not sure his mark of 65 is realistic and I've said before on here that I have worries about his attitude for a fight if it's close inside the last. Penny Island (4.1 betfair) won an average handicap LTO, he has some ok hurldes form and his previous turf form (before lay off) was fair. He is above this class, but obviously gives away weight here. Marquee (5.2 betfair) is interesting, had some good form last season, disappointed over hurdles and on his seasonal debut. Would have to bounce back but could do on this ground. Lord Of Dreams (13.5 betfair) is solid at the level but only 12 of his 44 runs have been on turf. I do like my claimers and sellers so hope to get the winner from this, will have a stake saver on Lord of Dreams but will be splitting the remainder of the stake on Penny and Marquee. 3.10 Though Party In The Park (4.2 betfair) may've been coming back to form when I did my write-up of his previous race. I may've been right as he ran a fine race to be 2nd. He has disappointed after his first three career starts but is fairly low weighted thesedays. Szaba (14 betfair) ran close in a blanket finish race at Lingfield LTO. Blinkers here could light him up and is a fair price.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.