Musselburgh 02/05/04

Musselburgh 2.20 Big Slick left last season's form well behind when bolting up on his seasonal debut last week. The stable is flying and could follow up under a penalty if that run proves to be no fluke. Little Eden was fairly expensive as quoted in the press and he won nicely on his debut. The form of that race doesn't amount to much but the handicapper could not have given him a lower mark. He should be backed off 58 in case he is half useful. Should appreciate the easy ground on his turf debut. The Little Fizzer is a horse I've backed on more than one occasion already. Ran ok on his turf debut, travelled well but wasn't really given a chance by Sweeny. He led at a fairly fast pace LTO and looked nailed on for a place until faltering late on under another weak Sweeney ride. She perhaps suffered for going a bit quick early on, she had to ping and switch over from a poor draw. She has come down a 1lb and Andrew Elliott now takes the ride. She is pretty consistent and looks sure to take advantage if the two above flop. Acts on easy ground. Little Eden 65% of stake 4 betfair The Little Fizzer 35% of stake 11 betfair Musselburgh 4.50 (Class3) The race of the day in my opinion. Stevie Gee has run two crackers recently and will love these conditions (easy 7f on slow ground). He hasn't got many miles on the clock and is still well handicapped on his 2yo form. There should be more to come this season. However there maybe other runners that are also well handicapped but are fair more attractively priced. Cha Cha Cha won here last season over 7f (due to a peach of a ride by Jamie Spencer, and won again here over 7f on her turf debut this season. On her next start at Donny she drifted badly, was left at the start and never really travelled for young Brian McHugh - she did run on to finish 3rd though, pulling well clear of the remainder. There has been a winner or two behind (including Stevie Gee a 16l 7th). I backed her LTO (back here) as part of a T/C although I was certain the mile would be too far for her. She was cruising two out and looked the winner, as expected though she didn't get home and finished 3rd to two well handicapped animals (Ansells Pride & Regal Parade). It was a great run against those and she would've won had she stayed, I'm convinced of that. Proving that she is still progressive and well handicapped. Back to her trip here (7f), her record here is 113 and her record for Callan is 1313. On all the book she must win or go close. Skhilling Spirit is a frustrating type but clearly useful on his day and has slipped to a fair mark. He ran a blinder in the Spring Cup to finish 6th after getting left (normal for him). He is 5lb lower here and would figure if he doesn't fluff his lines. He hasn't won since 2006 but most of those runs haven't come at his ideal trip. I belive 7f on easy ground are his ideal conditions and his career record when encountering that reads 22230 (with the unplaced run he missed break again and was hampered). Stoic Leader loves it here, is off a low mark and ran well LTO. This may be too hot a race though. Cha Cha Cha 50% of stake 6 betfair Skhilling Spirit 20% of stake Stevie Gee 30% of stake 3.35 betfair