Great Leighs 1/5

7.20: Great Leighs - Winning Show Just run out of it over this trip at Brighton LTO - looks to hold The Dagger on that run. With stable in form, handy stall if adopting same front running style as last time and main market rivals drawn high, every chance that the selection could go one better today despite 3lb rise in the weights. WIN (6.8 Betfair or 5/1 Betfred) :hope

Re: Great Leighs 1/5 I like what I've seen so far from Great Leighs, I believe it's got the makings of a very fair track. It looks like a very good card there tonight.

5.15 Great Leighs

I backed Charmel's Lad LTO based on this:

Quote:

I thought that Walter Swinburn's top weight Charmel's Lad was fairly well handicapped. When I've had my indepth look some time later I've found out that it has been heavily backed all day!
Quote:
Missed the boat with the price but will still back him. He ran in some fair maidens last year and he wasn't beaten far in any of them. He ran ok on his debut and was 8/1 on his 2nd start. He finished 12/13 beaten 9l weakening rapidly over 7f. His next run was in a Leicester maiden and he went off 250/1. 250/1?!?! 8s to 250s in one race? And it was only a Leicester maiden after all. He ran ok, beaten 8l into 6th again weaking quickly over 7f. 250/1 was a ridiculous price, I can only assume the vibes were terrible for him that day, maybe he was out for his handicap mark, or perhaps it was expected he'd find the 7f too far? Sumising I know, but you have look for the clues don't you? Today's trip is 5f (correction:was actually 5f200y, but that was still a drop from the 7f he ran prior), his style and the fact he is out of Compton Place tells me he should prefer the drop.

He finished 5th but in summary I wrote;

Quote:
Wouldn't right off Charmels Lad though, finished well, wins over 6f soon.

He missed the break and never really got a run throughout the race. He finished full of running. He runs off a 3lb lower mark, the full 6f will be ideal and he won't be short room when they open up in the straight here.

Party In The Park would be a cert if he went on from his early 2yo runs last season, however he really disappointed last back end and only ran ok FTO this year. Tried in blinkers (off here) and is probably best watched at present.

Charmel's Lad 100% of stake 5.2 betfair

5.50 Great Leighs

Boz is another that I'm backing for the 2nd time this season. Obviously backing it for the same reasons as I did last time, which are;

Quote:
Boz was yet another money-spinning horse last season. Thankfully I found him quite early, too early actually, I had to put up with four losing bets before he won. He made up for it after however, with a five timer! I've backed him on every handicap run, I've only just realised that.
Quote:
He started off a mark of just 48 which was a mistake obviously, ended the season off 79. Each time it probably looked like his winning streak was at an end because he scraped home at times. That is just his style thought, he only ever does just enough. I have to follow him again this season as I believe there is more improvement in him.

He took it up but didn't go through with his effort. I was pretty sure he needed the run. Should be spot on for this and the stable's runners are running really well now.

The family usually continue to improve with age and this trip would suit better than the 1m3f LTO.

Boz 100% of stake 1.92 betfair

6.50 Great Leighs

Legislation won one of the better maidens last season. There were many future winners behind him that day. He disappointed thereafter last season and again on his seasonal debut this year. I included him in my T/C bets LTO in case he bounced back now tried at a mile. He ran on well to finish 4th (beaten 1l) at 20/1, perhaps showing he is about to hit form.

He ran as if this 10f trip would suit and has to be included here. The stable are flying as we all know and if he is anywhere near as good as his debut run suggests then it is a matter of time before he wins off this mark of 84.

Hayden Mark’s maiden form is decent and he shapes as if this longer trip would suit also. His 71 day absence is a worry but would have to come into equations if all is well with him.

Mazaaya ran in some really hot nurseries last season and wasn’t disgraced, after winning on her debut. Those nursery runs behind Floristry and Jack Dawkins read even better given they were over trips far shorter than ideal. Sure to appreciate the stet up in trip and starts the season 1lb lower than when running well in those two races. Winston is 33% for the yard with 3yo+’s over the past five seasons.

Vettorenjoy would be a big price if reproducing his debut run, although I think further easing in the handicap is needed.

Legislation 60% of stake 3.5 betair

Mazaaya 20% of stake 12 betfair

Haydens Mark 15% of stake 7 betfair

Vettorenjoy 5% of stake 33/1 fred

7.20 Great Leighs

Winning Show is the interesting runner here. He was trained by Ron Harris last year and he ran against some useful types in his first three maiden runs (earliest first);

6f, 3rd to Marozi (Blackat Blackitten 5th)

7f, 6th to Medicea Sidera (1-2-3 all won and are decent, useful Ezidyaad in 10th)

7f, 6th to Plucky (1-2-3 all won and are decent)

He ran ok on his next start (handicap) but disappointed on his next three maiden stats. However there are excuses, two were over 6f on firm ground (perhaps too quick for him) and the other was over 1m4f, a trip he never stayed after pulling too hard early.

He went to Andrew Balding after than and ran well on his first start for the yard, getting caught late over a mile at Brighton after stumbling at the start. He is 3lb higher here but unlike most of his opponents he at least has the potential to be above this class.

Bar Tom Eaves, Robert Winston has rode more winner for Brian Ellison than any other jockey. He takes the mount on March Mate and is interesting now handicapping. (Non-runner)

Nightstrike was given a poor ride LTO, was made far too much use of. She is “trained” by wannabee Luke Comer. Strange that she is tried over a mile here though, she has been well beat on both mile starts and she barely stays 7f. This proves what I already know, Comer couldn’t train ivy up a wall. All three of his runners are rank outsiders here, one beaten 41l on it’s only start. Let’s hope they come home safely.

Winning Show 50% of stake E/W

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.