Virgin APT Sats - with Overlays

GaF

APT sats on Virgin and for the next 20 nights there will be a €15 Satellite with one seat guaranteed into the Final each night. The Final will be held Sunday the 18th of May and will have a minimum of ONE full Package to the first Asian Poker Tour event to be held in Manila in the Philippines from May the 27th. The Package will include return flights from the UK, one weeks accommodation in the 5 star venue Hotel, the Dusit Thani and entry into the Main event. The first one was last night and had just 6 runners - so with a final seat gtd, there was an overlay :ok

Asian Poker Tour

apt-header.jpg

The Asian Poker Tour (APT), who are running a four event tour of the Far East. The first event is in the Philippines commencing on May 27th 2008. The first venue is the beautiful and ultra modern Dusit Thani Manila Hotel. This luxury oasis will be the perfect setting for what promises to be a hugely successful, groundbreaking, new tour. This exclusive hotel is situated in the Philippines Central Business District in Manila and is convenient for shopping malls, tourist spots and transport services. This is an absolutely sensational venue to set the tour underway. The tournament director is non other than Matt Savage, who elevated the WSOP to its now lofty status. He has worked on more than 300 televised poker shows and will ensure this event will be a phenomenal success. This is a 6 day event and is expected to attract a top class international field of around 400 players. A third of the entries is expected to come from locally based Philippino players. Poker in the Philippines has grown at a tremendous rate over recent years and is now extremely popular. Obviously there will also be a number of on-line qualifiers and also some of the world's top players. Full details of online qualifiers will be listed in the thread. This makes for a varied and mixed field and should ensure the tournament has a great atmosphere. Packages are available from as little as $5000 including entry into the main event and this is a fantastic opportunity to mix with some of the world's top poker players, stay in a fabulous luxury hotel and experience the atmosphere of a prestigious, world ranked poker tournament. The value of this package is extraordinary and bear in mind that the buy in to the tournament is $2500 and the prize pool is a guaranteed $1000000. This is a great venue for the APT with three more legs in Macau, South Korea and Singapore still to come, this tour is sure to go from strength to strength. Links

Introduction The Asian Poker Tour (APT) is Asia’s biggest and original poker tour. The brand was recently acquired by Manila based gaming company, ESL-Asia – a subsidiary of AsianLogic. As part of the new organisation of the APT, four events will be held across Asia in 2008. Next year, the Tour plans to increase this to a total of six events. Each tournament is set to attract live players as well as internet players who will qualify via online satellites. Each main event will offer a guaranteed US$1 million prize pool, with buy-ins of US$2,500. The Asian Poker Tour has announced its schedule for the 2008 season. The four eventsAces on Bills will take place in the Philippines, Macau, South Korea, and Singapore, beginning with the Manila stop on the tour that will run from May 27th to June 1st. aptmap.jpg Each tournament stop will offer a $1 million guaranteed prize pool and hopes to attract players from around the world. Internet qualifiers will be joining the field from online sites, to not only play in the prestigious tournaments, but visit parts of the world in which gaming is growing by leaps and bounds. The first Asian Poker Tour event will be in Manila, where more than 400 players will compete over six days. The buy-in is only $2,500 for the chance to take home a piece of the $1 million prize pool. The details for the other three tournaments in the 2008 series – Macau, South Korea, and Singapore – will be announced soon, including dates and online qualifier information. Event Information

Date27th May to 1st June 2008
VenueDusit Thani Manila hotel, Makati, Philippines
Prize PoolGuaranteed USD 1,000,000 the highest guaranteed prize pool ever offered in Asia
Buy In$2500 ($2300 plus $200 fee)
Game TypeNo Limit Texas Hold’em
Starting Chips10,000
Estimated Players450
Main EventThe main event will be played over 4 days. The tournament will begin with two flights, 1A and 1B, a day 2 and the Final day which will be played on the 1st June 2008
Side EventsThere will be a number of $300 ($275 plus $25 fee) Freezeout tournaments during this event
13 Card PokerThere will be an opportunity to play in Asia’s first ever 13 Card Poker Tournament
Cash GamesDuring the tournament week there will be a host of cash games to cater for all levels of player
The Asian Poker Tour Schedule
May 276pm (onwards)$60 Single Table Satellites (on demand)
6pm (onwards)$60 Supersonic Single Table Satellites (on demand)
6pm (onwards)$265 Main Event Single Table Satellites (on demand)
8pmAPT Philippines Charity Invitational
May 282pm (onwards)$60 Supersonic Single Table Satellites (on demand)
2pm (onwards)$60 Single Table Satellites (on demand)
2pm (onwards)$265 Main Event Single Table Satellites (on demand)
2pm$265 Main Event Mega Satellite #1
5pmPress Conference
6pm$265 Main Event Mega Satellite #2
8pmOpening Ceremony & Welcome Party
May 292pm$2,500 APT Philippines Main Event: Day 1A
8pm$300 No Limit Hold'em Freezeout Event (Final Table on Saturday, May 29 at 3 pm)
May 302pm$2,500 APT Philippines Main Event: Day 1B
3pm$300 No Limit Hold'em Freezeout Event Final Table
8pm$300 No Limit Hold'em Freezeout Event (Final Table on Saturday, May 30 at 3 pm)
May 312pmAPT Philippines Main Event: Day 2
3pm$300 No Limit Hold'em Freezeout Event Final Table
8pm$500 13 Card Poker Tournament
June 12pmAPT Philippines Main Event: Final Table
2:30pm$125 APT Macau Satellite Rebuy Event
Blind Structure Buy-in: $2500 ($2300+$200) Starting Chips: 10,000 Blind Level Duration: 60 minutes
LevelSmall BlindBig BlindAnte
The Venue - Dusit Thani Hotel Manila T he venue of this year’s Asian Poker Tour in the Philippines will be held at the Dusit Thani Hotel Manila. Located in Makati, the country’s central business district, the Dusit is a world class hotel that caters to people of all walks of life. Aside from having almost 600 guest rooms, the hotel offers various function rooms and a Grand Ballroom that can accommodate up to a thousand people.
venue-Deluxe-Room.jpgvenue-Lobby-Lounge.jpg
If dining out and tasting different cuisines is your thing, the Dusit Thani Hotel Manila will surely cater to your tastes. It offers five different restaurants specializing in different cuisine. Whether you crave Thai, Japanese, Italian, Filipino, Asian, or International cuisine, the Dusit will have something that will leave you wanting more.
venue-Umu-al-fresco.jpgvenue-Umu-tatami-rm.jpg
Looking to have a fun time or just trying to stay fit? The Dusit Thani Hotel Manila has got that, too. The hotel’s swimming pool, spa, and fitness studio facilities will help you relax and keep your body in shape at the same time. To find out more about the Dusit Thani Hotel Manila, the official venue of the Philippine leg of this year’s Asian Poker Tour, log on to their website at manila.dusit.com

venue-Pool.jpg

For more information on the Asian Poker Tour please click here and for details on the venue, The Dusit Thani Hotel Manila please click here.

Re: Virgin APT Sats - with Overlays PS - Congrats to Heniek for winning last nights sat :clap :clap :clap (We didn't have the chance to put it up last night - we were still discussing it and trying to get our heads around it)

Re: Virgin APT Sats - with Overlays I got an email from the APT last week, brought back some great memories. I qualified for the Betfair event in November 2006 out in Singapore, flew out on Emierates 5* hotel on Sentosa Island, $5000 buyin....amazing stuff. It was a really big deal as it was the 1st legal poker game ever to be held in Singapore, the Singapore prime minister come down to take a look. No cash games were allowed so they started €100 ten handed sng's....I come 2nd in Singapores 1st ever legal poker game, press cameras everywhere round the table....felt like the poker equivilant of the rumble in the jungle! Night before the main event they ran a $300 limit holdem game....got 4 tables in and I was drawn on the same table as Tony G. He berratted me for slowplaying a set and taking him for 6 BB's. Had a chat to him at the dinner break though and he said I was a solid player and wished me luck for the main event. Day of the big dance, I get drawn on a random table....sit down with my chips....put my Virgin cap on and the Tournament director comes over and tells us we are the featured table for the 1st 4 hours of play. I forgot the cameras were there after a while and played my game....made it to 1am, took a dent in my stack...all in with 99 vs AK, you know the rest and I retired to the beach bar wondering where it all went wrong. Such a top experience and I learnt so much in that week, I also leanrt that I could play with the best and beat the worst. My advice would be to qualify for one of these and play deep stack long clock in a far flung location....what could be better! Cheers

Re: Virgin APT Sats - with Overlays Nice one Billboard. Hope we are going to see you around the poker threads regularly. :ok

My advice would be to qualify for one of these and play deep stack long clock in a far flung location....what could be better!
I concur, and it's not too shabby even if you are only there railing. :D

Re: Virgin APT Sats - with Overlays Just 4 entrants tonight, 1 seat guaranteed worth €130+€10 Buy ins: 4x€15=€60 Prize Pool: €140 Added Value (€140-€60)/4=€20 (About $30) This added Value excludes any overlay from the final. Currently 10 players in the final - any less than about 23 and there is an overlay

Re: Virgin APT Sats - with Overlays I won tonight:nana with a large slice of luck, 4 left in I've been my usual tight git I'd decided I wasn't going to play against the big stack until the other 2 were out, unless I got an opportunity to go all in. I pushed with 77 he turned AA:( I rivered a straight:$. Ended up heads up against him and won it:dude