Sharkscope Stats - Whats good

Slick Digital

Hi, For the first time in years of playing online I checked out sharkstats, now I play on I-poker ( racingpost) and it changed platforms some time back and I didnt get into it so hav'nt played much but it is showing some stats for me ( I only got the free version) but the stats I was interested in are ITM and Average beaten Field. Mine are ITM = 33.82% and Average beaten Field 50.59% Also are teh above good indicators for ability?? And what is a good % for the above.

Re: Sharkscope Stats - Whats good Lol - ohsosweet1 i know profit and loss is the only important factor - but not for me as I was learning the game and was not doing it for a living))) Also most of my "profitable activty" was pre the platform change..By that I mean my MTT 1st places and largest cashouts. all I wanted to know was interms of ITM what do you expect as a strong player, thats all Also If i was looking at playing full time would ITM % not be very important? Profit can have spin on it i.e win a massive toury £50K profit bang, never cash out in there life..where as ITM although me to forecast...maybe

Re: Sharkscope Stats - Whats good I think it's misleading to look at ITM - if you finish 3rd a lot, but never win you can have a higher ITM percentage than someone who never finishes 3rd, but frequently wins - though the player who frequently wins is doing far better. Haven't looked at your stats yet, but if you have a high ITM %age, but a negative profitability, it sounds like you're too intent on limping into the money, and not playing to win (which you should do in an STT).

Re: Sharkscope Stats - Whats good Yeh ITM stats are 100% useless for gauging profitability. At the moment i'm going through an awful patch in 10man $10 SNGs, down about $150, yet my ITM is over 30% - yet i remember hearing a while ago if you finish in the money 1 in 3 times you'll make money - ermm no. Whatever touch i had previously for SNGs has totally been lost so steering clear of them and the losses have been weighed out by profit in MTT and heads up matches which i totally crush up to $10 thus far. Anyway I think they say 15%+ ROI (Return on Investment) is good at most levels.

Re: Sharkscope Stats - Whats good Be careful of the summed ROI figure on sharkscope though - it's poorly calculated.... If you have played 1 game at $5 with an ROI of -100% and you have played 100,000 games at $10 with an ROI of 100% then it will give you a cumulative ROI of 0% (ie a simple average of the two numbers)

• 1 year later...

Re: Sharkscope Stats - Whats good

so what is a bad ROI? i mean, obvioulsy negative. but if i am negative 2% is that horrible? or just marginal within variance? should i quit?
How many games have you played ? If it's a small number then you can turn it round. If you've played a lot and have a negative ROI then it's not variance. If you've lost over 1000+ SnGs then you're a losing player in my book

Re: Sharkscope Stats - Whats good Not not uncommon to have a 1k break even stretch providing your mass tabling, if your just playing like a max for 4 tables and have a 1k sample and are down then yes I think we can say your a loosing player. Again you should expect imo no roi lower than 10% if you can beat that level. If you have a 2% roi over a good sample then you need to stop and do some reading/coaching and fix something in your game.

Re: Sharkscope Stats - Whats good Playing standard 10-man STTs, the standard deviation in your ROI over 1000 games is around 5%, so an actual ROI of -2% over 1000 games is not a particularly strong indication that you are a losing player. A +5% player would be -2% or worse over 1000 games about one time in 11. If you're -2% over 1000 games, it's unlikely that you're a +15% player on an unlucky streak, though.