Sandown 25/04

Going there tomorrow however due to work (just finished a 14hr day), havent got time to study, but will buy a copy of the rP, read it on the train on the way & hopefully pcik the odd winner. Ryan Moore has a decent book of rides & will probably do his mixed up with a few forecasts. Will be in members (father in laws birthday, paid for so i have to go!)

Re: Sandown 25/04 1.15 - Cobo Bay (7/2 SJ BOG) - romped to victory at Ripon last time out, building on a win at Ayr on its last appearance last season. Kevin Ryan's colt will handle today's going (same as at Ripon) and is suited to a mile with three wins over this trip from last four runs. 1:50 - Ask (4/5 Bet 365 BOG) - raced over 10f once in career before, when beaten by a neck on only its second career run, but built on that with a string of fine efforts upped to 12f-13f which included a double scalp of Group threes at Chester and Ascot. Finished the campaign with a 2nd in Grade 1 race in Canada and resumes off same mark as that today. Done most of its running on firmer ground but did once come a short head second on soft at York. You know with Moore in the saddle it will get a good ride and Stoute has fired in a couple of winners this week already in the shape of Cabinet and Sugar Ray, amongst others. 2.25 - Fol Hollow (4/1 Bet 365 BOG) - came third on reappearance at Newmarket (beaten 0.62 lengths) over 6f, but drop back to 5f here may improve his fortunes as 2/3 career wins have been over the minimum trip. Perhaps it wouldn't want any further rain, although it has won on good, good-soft, at Musselburgh before, but Nicholls has been in good form this week with two winners yesterday, making a total of 7 wins in last 14 days.

Re: Sandown 25/04 13.45 Sandown – Traphalgar (WIN) 10/1 @ >Victor Chandler Going to take on the favourite with this horse this afternoon. CoboBay looked very good, winning comfortably last time out in Ripon, but traphalgar also looked good during its return in a very tough grade 1 race LTO and has shown enough class in the past to warrant some money at a decent price. Takes a drop in weight and trip will suit. Main worry is that it won’t carry its form through to the turf, but I believe there is some value and is the best option to beat the favourite. 14.25 Sandown – Fol Hollow (WIN) 9/2 @ Ladbrokes Big gamble for Corrybrough today, however I really like Fol Hollow. Has a run this season under its belt already this season, where it finished a very respectable 3rd of 17, just narrowly beaten by a head in a race that tougher than this afternoon. Looks to have comeback even stronger this season and has a great chance of continuing its progress with a victory this afternoon. Corrybrough is very highly rated and expected to have a fantastic season, moving onwards and upwards after today, but i reckon Fol Hollow can catch it cold today. 14.25 Sandown – Lesson in Humility (E/W) 33/1 @ >Bet365 This horse stands out along with the big three. A couple of finishes just outside the places in grade 1 races last season suggest she’s certainly not out of her depth in this company, unlike some others available at much poorer prices. May need a run this season to recapture last years form, however I can’t see any reason why most of the bookmakers make it such a rank outsider. Will get its favoured trip today, and should it have wintered well it has a great chance of landing a place.

Re: Sandown 25/04 2.25 Sandown Lesson in Humility EW 40/1 This horse is lightly raced and has good form behind fat boy and sporting act. Has ran in listed races last year and shows that the stable have respect for it. Runs today off a mark of 87 and i know through an insider that this horse has been working all over a horse rated 109. The only quirk is that in its last few races the horse has flashed the tail when under pressure but at 40s im willing to take a chance.

Re: Sandown 25/04

2.25 Sandown Lesson in Humility EW 40/1 This horse is lightly raced and has good form behind fat boy and sporting act. Has ran in listed races last year and shows that the stable have respect for it. Runs today off a mark of 87 and i know through an insider that this horse has been working all over a horse rated 109. The only quirk is that in its last few races the horse has flashed the tail when under pressure but at 40s im willing to take a chance.
.. should be interesting. I couldn't see why the price is this large... surely worth a small e/w at that price? Maybe the bookies know something we don't?

Re: Sandown 25/04 4.10: City of Kings - each way (20/1 SportingBet) Had a couple of nice wins when last seen in Aug/Sept with some useful sorts behind - running on both occasions as if this step up in trip would suit. Ground an unknown but every chance of taking a place at least if extra distance has expected positive effect.

2.25 Sandown Lesson in Humility EW 40/1 This horse is lightly raced and has good form behind fat boy and sporting act. Has ran in listed races last year and shows that the stable have respect for it. Runs today off a mark of 87 and i know through an insider that this horse has been working all over a horse rated 109. The only quirk is that in its last few races the horse has flashed the tail when under pressure but at 40s im willing to take a chance.
Longest traveller also, wont decide until i see these at the track as i think fitness will be the key today. Sandown takes a lot of getting. Championship Point is my ew alternative to backing Ask although Stoute must be feared in these contests! Anyway off to get the train to esher, laters.

Re: Sandown 25/04 1.15 Sandown Not an easy affair with 5 of the 9 runners making their seasonal debuts. Coco Bay won well LTO but I'm not sure it will be as easy today trying to make all. So I'm looking elsewhere for the winner. Before he disappointed at the big Curragh 2yo race, Hawaana had impressed in two decent maidens. She to be appreciate the step up to a mile and if handling the slight ease in the ground could go close off his current mark. Stubbs Art left him previous form behind when upped to trips over a mile. Going the right way but may suffer from the step back in trip here. No surprise to see Jedediah at the top of the weights, his high rating is justified given his 2yo form. And given he is likely to improve with age at longer distances it make his 2yo form look even better. His win over Kandahar Run reads very well. He may be hard to place this year but I think connections can squeeze out a handicap in the first half of the season. Jedediah 25% of stake win 24 betfair Jedediah 25% of stake place 5 betair Hawaana 50% of stake 4.6 betfair 2.25 Sandown Pushed for time so keeping things brief. Fol Hollow made a bold bid at Newmarket from the front and sure to give another good account of himself over the min trip here. However he could set the race up for the jolly. Corrybrough is on a lot of people's horses to follow lists this season after his maiden win last season. He looked a scopey type and sure to improve at three. Connections took this with his sire Kyllachy in 2001 which could be an omen, I believe they see similarities with him and Corrybrough. Also Candy/owners jocked off regular stable jockey that day for Kyllachy, Rutter was replaced by Fallon. Today, Ryan Moore takes the ride for the first time. That is another similarity which shouldn't go unnoticed. He has a plum draw, and will like the ease and although a short price could be a group horse in the making. Corrybrough 85% of stake 2.3 betfair Fol Hollow 15% of stake 7 betfair

Re: Sandown 25/04 1.50 Ask 8/11 bet3 bog 15 pts for me is the best and classy horse in the race and he looks the typical stoute older horse improver as he did last year in a disrupted campaign with two wins and a very frustrating and slightly unlucky second in the Can. int. If this race was at 12f I would really fancy him, the lesser trip is a bit of a concern because whilst it was not paceless at all last season, it shaped more like a 12f horse as the season went on and there is a concern that if this turns tactical he could be done for a turn of foot but im struggling to find what to beat him with and he might just have the class to win whatever. 3.35 Dar Re Mi 11/10 bet3 bog 15 pts probably not much of a betting race with not much to go on and with a short fav but on what has been shown so far of these and the entries that suggest better is expected, it looks the stand out pick. Put up quite a nice win on debut and there have been a couple of winners from that race, especially the nice Candy horse who won next time beating the potentially useful Melodramatic. The extra distance looks beneficial, ground wont be an issue and trainer doing very well. 4.10 Captain Webb 6/4 boy bog 15 pts Three out of three so far for this Johnston horse and he can go in under the penalty today. This looks a much hotter race than lto but the victory was one of the easiest victories you will ever see, 20 lengths and could have been 30 lengths. That followed a couple of nice early wins as well and he looks continually to be improving, he is ahead of the handicapper here but he might be even better than a handicaps the direction he is heading and could be set for pattern company soon if he continues this progress and if he is, then he should be expected really to take this.

Re: Sandown 25/04 =============================================================================== One of your horses in the one4racing and Internet Formbook notebook has been declared to run. Horse: Commander Cave (USA) Course: SANDOWN Time: 1.15 =============================================================================== Why why why I didn't see it was the first race of the meeting. Won at 17/2 !! :wall:wall:wall

Re: Sandown 25/04 Hard to see Ask being beaten in this 1.50 race but won't back it due to the odds, slight trip doubts and fitness concerns. May be some value in Illustrious Blue at 7-1, Dettori on board, race fit, goes well over 10f, recent 2nd when running on strongly, may be just about good enough for Group 3, not sure about the ground though. 5pts Illustrious Blue 1pt rev f/c Illustrious Blue/Ask

Re: Sandown 25/04 Ask wins by a half a length from Hattan. I'm delighted with that one coming in. I know that sounds quite pathetic given that it was odds on and the clear form pick but I haven't had a winner since Tuesday and seem to have cursed anything I have touched since Saville's Delight. A huge relief to have ended the poor run!!

won like a 11/10 short by the looks. Anyone who saw the race' date=' did it look impressive?[/quote'] Yep, finished the race very strongly indeed! Very pleased also with lessons in humilty who missed the places by a neck... cracking run, and will go into the notebook.

Yep' date=' finished the race very strongly indeed! Very pleased also with lessons in humilty who missed the places by a neck... cracking run, and will go into the notebook.[/quote'] He gave that a bad en for me mate gave him self no option for a run after the start by opting for the rail. Had a few quid on that today and dont the the ride helped one little bit:@

He gave that a bad en for me mate gave him self no option for a run after the start by opting for the rail. Had a few quid on that today and dont the the ride helped one little bit:@
Yeah, it was a pity it was boxed in at the start of the race... could have snatched a placed if it hadn't been held up. not really sure where you can lay blame to be honest, things opened up towards the end of the race and it just wasn't quite strong enough to pull through. Still, plenty of positives, and should it become available next time out for such big money I'll be backing it again.

1.15 Sandown Not an easy affair with 5 of the 9 runners making their seasonal debuts. Coco Bay won well LTO but I'm not sure it will be as easy today trying to make all. So I'm looking elsewhere for the winner. Before he disappointed at the big Curragh 2yo race, Hawaana had impressed in two decent maidens. She to be appreciate the step up to a mile and if handling the slight ease in the ground could go close off his current mark. Stubbs Art left him previous form behind when upped to trips over a mile. Going the right way but may suffer from the step back in trip here. No surprise to see Jedediah at the top of the weights, his high rating is justified given his 2yo form. And given he is likely to improve with age at longer distances it make his 2yo form look even better. His win over Kandahar Run reads very well. He may be hard to place this year but I think connections can squeeze out a handicap in the first half of the season. Jedediah 25% of stake win 24 betfair Jedediah 25% of stake place 5 betair Hawaana 50% of stake 4.6 betfair 2.25 Sandown Pushed for time so keeping things brief. Fol Hollow made a bold bid at Newmarket from the front and sure to give another good account of himself over the min trip here. However he could set the race up for the jolly. Corrybrough is on a lot of people's horses to follow lists this season after his maiden win last season. He looked a scopey type and sure to improve at three. Connections took this with his sire Kyllachy in 2001 which could be an omen, I believe they see similarities with him and Corrybrough. Also Candy/owners jocked off regular stable jockey that day for Kyllachy, Rutter was replaced by Fallon. Today, Ryan Moore takes the ride for the first time. That is another similarity which shouldn't go unnoticed. He has a plum draw, and will like the ease and although a short price could be a group horse in the making. Corrybrough 85% of stake 2.3 betfair Fol Hollow 15% of stake 7 betfair
I should not have played in the first race - I was worried about fitness and most wil come on for their run in that. Corrybrough was a group horse in a handicap, and was the most impressive sprint handicapper I've seen so far this year. The clues were there, I mentioned above the similarities with his sire, who won this before going up in class.

Dar re Mi was most impressive winner on the day winning easily however didnt beat too much. Will be interesting what entries the horse has perhaps at Royal Ascot. Icon Project could be the horse to take out of the race to follow next time out.
The third (Albarouche) needed the run badly. She was carrying a bit of condition to say the least. She was slapped down the neck fairly early too. She looked like being outside the top 5 at one stage but ran to the line under hands and heels. I was going to buy this as a yearling but wasn't prepared to go the 2,000,000 euros. :lol

The third (Albarouche) needed the run badly. She was carrying a bit of condition to say the least. She was slapped down the neck fairly early too. She looked like being outside the top 5 at one stage but ran to the line under hands and heels. I was going to buy this as a yearling but wasn't prepared to go the 2,000,000 euros. :lol
it was so far back i didnt even notice it, the winner won by a street. Interestingly the 3 favs there was money for all won. Charm School drifted, Captain webb was a false price.

it was so far back i didnt even notice it' date=' the winner won by a street. Interestingly the 3 favs there was money for all won. Charm School drifted, Captain webb was a false price.[/quote'] Yeah the winner won well, but I think Albarouche will prove best of those behind maybe. Gosden said after the race that the winner wasn't fully fit today either. Thought Captain Webb was running off a false mark at a false price. Thought about coupling the Stoute too, ended up laying jolly small. The vibes weren't great for Charm School as you say. Ran ok but the form has to be questionable.