Cronulla 1.65 Wests Tigers 2.20 Sun 27 Apr 2008 3:05 PM
Selection 1 Selection 2 Online Betting Closes
St George Ill +8.51.90 Syd Roosters -8.5 1.90 Fri 25 Apr 2008 3:15 PM
Brisbane -13.51.90 Souths +13.5 1.90 Fri 25 Apr 2008 7:45 PM
Manly -6.51.95 Bulldogs +6.5 1.85 Sat 26 Apr 2008 5:35 PM
Nth Qld +2.51.90 Melbourne -2.5 1.90 Sat 26 Apr 2008 7:35 PM
Gold Coast -5.51.85 Warriors +5.5 1.95 Sun 27 Apr 2008 2:05 PM
Cronulla -3.51.90 Wests Tigers +3.5 1.90 Sun 27 Apr 2008 3:05 PM

Re: Nrl Round 7 hey boys! Ok i have my head all clear and i have a funny feeling this week i can make a big profit! In the 2 friday night games i will be taking 4 bets 1. South Sydney 1-12 @ 6.00 2. Souths/Brisbane @ 5.75 3. 2 leg multi Souths +13.5/Roosters 13+ @ 4.25 4. Roosters 19+ @ 3.25 i am going to steer clear of big write ups on my games but if anyone wants to now any reason for my bets just ask! AND A QUIK REMINDER THAT THE GAME BETWEEN DRAGONS/ROOSTERS IS TO BE PLAYED AT 3.15 PM NOT 7.30PM SO BE SURE TO GET YOUR BETS ON IN TIME! gl all for your weekend bets

Re: Nrl Round 7 (April 25-27) RL Punter I would like to know why you think the Bunnies can beat the Broncos in Brisbane?!!! It was clear from watching last weeks Bronco's v Gold Coast match that the Broncos were down on enthusiasm and effort, and were simply out - enthused by the Titans. With Lockyer back and Wayne Bennett giving them a good rev up after the game, you should see a pretty significant change in attitude from the Broncs, which will mean they will be too hot for the Bunnies i think. With Farah reportedly being a better than 50/50 chance to play against the Sharks I would think the Tigers at $2.20 for the win are over the odds. Even though the Sharks get Gallen back. You also have to remember the Tigers get Benji back to partner Head in the halves. Tigers to win at $2.20 on Sunday. Manly to win 1-12 on Saturday night.

Re: Nrl Round 7 (April 25-27) Nope, souths didn't win lol. If farah and benji are both back, that game will be very interesting, and hopefully a golden point match *crosses fingers* :tongue2 EDIT: oh, and i'm pretty sure issac luke is back for souths. So they may be able to actually score some points this week ;) EDIT 2: Lockyer is back this week, so i'd be careful on the souths bet

Re: Nrl Round 7 (April 25-27)

Gold Coast -5.5 have to be a banker' date=' Warriors are very poor away from home and with the Titans immpressive home record they have to be the banker for this weekend.[/quote'] Agree I'm already on this one with 2 units. I'm also on the Broncos 13+ 2 units, no way Souths are upsetting Brisbane at home.

Re: Nrl Round 7 (April 25-27) With the Broncos-Souths game i wonder when the Souths will find some form, they have copped a bagging in the press over their pathetic performance against the Tigers when after leading 10-0 never scored again. No way do i think they can win but might be a bit closer than the start they are getting.

Re: Nrl Round 7 (April 25-27) I completely agree with titans. They have won all 4 home games, while warriors have lost all 3 away games. I haven't looked at odds yet, but i'm thinking titans to score first, and also matt petersen to score at any time. I expect it to be a high scoring match too.

Re: Nrl Round 7 (April 25-27) Roosters-Dragons game tomorrow on paper looks like a comfotable win for the Roosters as Dragons form as been pathetic but with Ancac Day spirit around they may just make a game of it as traditionally these games are always close.

RL Punter I would like to know why you think the Bunnies can beat the Broncos in Brisbane?!!! It was clear from watching last weeks Bronco's v Gold Coast match that the Broncos were down on enthusiasm and effort, and were simply out - enthused by the Titans. With Lockyer back and Wayne Bennett giving them a good rev up after the game, you should see a pretty significant change in attitude from the Broncs, which will mean they will be too hot for the Bunnies i think.
thats a very good question big bets im glad you took the time to ask me this question and some good points also :ok. As i have stated all through this 7 weeks i like to back more on situation than stats. If you look at the stats for this game everything points to the broncos but souths will be oh so desperate. Now imo souths are a different team without lion hearted no.9 isaac luke, he is there leader in attack out of dummy half and always gets them going forward, wich leads to there forwards making better metres wich leads to the no.6 -7 kickings games been made easier. Also john sutton is one of the best ball playing no.13 in the game imo and him been moved from the 6 jersey back to 13 is a huge boost for the bunnys. Been played at 6 took away from what he does natrualy, taking the line on and getting those magic offloads away which adds another dimension to the rabbits attack. Now the rabbitohs forward pack on paper should be dominating with the likes of Sutton, asotasi, kidwell, widders, manakofoa so i think they match up very well to the big broncos forwards. Alot of people thought i was crazy backing the knights last week and look what happend. Hope this helps big bets and thanks again for the question!

Re: Nrl Round 7 (April 25-27) Brisbane win by 30+ margin (currently at -12.5) Return of Lockyer for Brisbane sees their main playmaker and organiser to pull the strings. Reps games are around the corner and many players will be lifting their own games to ensure they get picked. Defensively Souths are OK but in attack they average 13 points. They will struggle to break the Brisbane line, but look to Lockyer and co. to have their way with the Souths team, who are really looking all over the place, and without any real guidance coming form anyone. Broncos should demolish them Roosters win by 1-12 margin It has been raining all week in Sydney so expect the conditons to be wet and slippery. Ball control will be important and it is in this area where the Dragons have been quite poor. Apart form that, they have lost their structure and organisation, as Brown continues to change his playmakers around due to their poor performances. As for the Roosters they were disappointing against the Knights but you would expect Fittler to get their heads around it, and be up for this game. With quite a few of their players in cintention for reps jumpers, they should lift for this game. Roosters are the better team but the conditions should bring this game into a closer game than you would expect between the two sides at present

Re: Nrl Round 7 (April 25-27) Bulldogs win by 1-12 margin Manly's players took a battering last week against an ordinary Parramatta side as they dug deep to record a good victory. However, that will have taken alot out of them, and look for this game to be a bit of a let down for them. The Bulldogs have the best player on the park in Williams and look for him to continue to create inroads into the opposition's defence. Manly will not make it easy for him as they have a very good defence but look for them ot tire as the big Bulldogs pack continues to pound their line all game. Bulldogs to get up in the last 20 minutes to win by this by a small margin as Manly once aagin courageously put their bodies on the line Melbourne Storm win by 13+ margin The Storm were disappointing in the first half against Canberra but once they got going in the second half, they rolled over the top of them. They won't take things so easily against the Cowboys who are starting to come into some form but they still have problems with their defence and that will spell trouble for them. You would expect Bellamy to ensure that the Storm are on their game from the outset and if that is the case, they there could be a similar result of last year's score where the Storm won 58-12. The Storm are famous for playing to their opposition so look to an improved performance against the Cowboys, and for Slater to have another great game.

Re: Nrl Round 7 (April 25-27) Dragons v Roosters Traditionally a close game between these two on Anzac day. Mark Gasnier is back for the Dragons, which is a big boost for them. The Roosters are travelling nicely and look set for a high finish in the table. My bets for this one are- Roosters 1-12 @ 3.05 Dragons 1-12 @ 4.65 Draw @ 29.00 Broncos v Souths As has been said already, Souths have an awful record up in Brisbane. They will be desperate for a win, but I just cannot see them defeating a good Broncos side with Lockyer back. Bets are- Broncos 13+ @ 1.91 Brisbane to score over 27.5 @ 1.87 (sportingbetAU) Also, its great to see you back rleague_punter, good luck this weekend mate!

Re: Nrl Round 7 (April 25-27) Shaun Kenny-Dowall to score a try - $1.95 He has scored in every match this season except for one. He has scored a try in the last four in a row. I'm expecting roosters to pile on the points so he should have a good chance of getting at least one of their tries. Roosters to lead at half-time - $1.57 Not great odds but it seems as though it is a fairly safe bet. Roosters are 6-0 at HT, dragons are 1-4 (one draw). Roosters first team to 10 points - $1.57 I'm hoping roosters dominate the first half, and i did this bet rather than roosters to score first incase there is an early mishap. Hopefully i've picked the right one. So if they score first and then dragons beat them to 10, i'll be kicking myself

Re: Nrl Round 7 (April 25-27) I didn't bet on the FT win as the odds were too low for me, dragons have a decent chance to win with the line and even a small chance without it. These games are always close and i was close to betting both teams 1-12. St george are "due for a win" so may be able to scrape away with an outright win here... I was going to back the overs too, but i'm not sure if the dragons have enough points in them. On paper and current form (apart from 20mins last week) roosters should win this by 20 odd, but dragons are capable of a big game. They beat titans remember.... I think the roosters *should* win this comfortably, but won't be surprised if dragons get up.

Re: Nrl Round 7 (April 25-27) Dragons coming out firing, 12-0 after 7minutes.... I've lost one bet so far, and will most likely lose a 2nd one at half time :( Terrible start to the round :( I'll need to have some better picks for the broncos game to get my money back

Re: Nrl Round 7 (April 25-27) Roosters have hit a slump from leading last weeks game against Newcastle 20-12 at half time they went through the second half without scoring and then conceded 22 points in the last 12 minutes to loose 34-12, then came out today and only scored one try while giving up 26 points ??? so in three halfs of footy they have scored only one try and conceded 48 points. You would have to ask WTF?

Re: Nrl Round 7 (April 25-27) Got lucky tonight, got all my money back from the earlier game. Had 4 bets, only lost the one where i bet boyd to score. Hopefully i have a better day tomorrow and if i have any decent picks, i'll put them up here

Re: Nrl Round 7 (April 25-27) I'm on Dogs +6.5 so far, they are showing some good flair with the footy recently with Patten and Ryan playing some excellent games, hopefully they can continue their good form and give the average Manly side a run at home. Bit unsure about the Cows/Storm game at this stage, rleague can you give us some insight into your Storm tips?

Roosters have hit a slump from leading last weeks game against Newcastle 20-12 at half time they went through the second half without scoring and then conceded 22 points in the last 12 minutes to loose 34-12' date=' then came out today and only scored one try while giving up 26 points ??? so in three halfs of footy they have scored only one try and conceded 48 points. You would have to ask WTF?[/quote'] I mentioned a few weeks ago when the Roosters played the Bulldogs that I thought the Dogs would win become the Roosters would be lacking intensity after some mammoth clashes with Brisbane and the Storm. I think the last 2 weeks is that coming into effect. Nothing for me tonight, though Bulldogs are a system selection. Would fancy the Cowboys game to go overs, depending on the line (haven't really checked much this week)

Re: Nrl Round 7 (April 25-27) Have taken a look at the Manly v Bulldogs match, and I think the $2.70 on offer for the Bulldogs is just too juicy too refuse. The Bulldogs have done pretty well at Brookvale in recent time having won 3 of the last 5 (quite a good effort for an away team at Brookvale). I think some people may be taking too much from Manly's win over Parramatta last week. Manly were relativley lucky to escape with a win, and Parramatta are playing very ordinary footy at the moment. Therefore I am going with the Bulldogs @ 2.70. Not sure about the Cowboys v Melbourne game yet, althought I am leaning towards no bet, and just enjoying the game. good luck all.:hope

Re: Nrl Round 7 (April 25-27) Be careful with these bets because the ones i put up yesterday were absolute shockers... Over 39.5 (with half stakes on 31-40 as a saver. If the total is less than 31, i need the rest to all come in lol...) Manly to score first points (hopefully they are fresh from last weeks tough match, which i'm totally unsure about) Brett stewart to score (has 5 tries this season) Michael Bani to score (same as above)

Re: Nrl Round 7 (April 25-27) OH MY GOD! I sure am picking the bad ones.... 6 points after HALF TIME :( I'm going go have to bet on soccer overnight to win some back maybe... I'm probably going to go with titans tomorrow, and with my luck they will lose....

Re: Nrl Round 7 (April 25-27) Hmm, the bulldogs don't appear to be playing very good 2nd half footy :wall so far this season, Parramatta, Warriors and now Manly all spring to mind of teams who have run away with it in the 2nd half when playing against the bulldogs. Haven't had a bet in cowboys-storm game.

Re: Nrl Round 7 (April 25-27) What's everyone thinking for today? I was going to put numerous bets involving titans dominating warriors, but i have a feeling that this could be an upset... Maybe i'm just having second thoughts because it's been a bad week. I'm not sure if the over/under is a bit too high, hopefully it will drop a bit... For the sharks game, i was thinking cronulla/cronulla and cronulla/tigers. Cronulla are 6-0 at half time. Also, over 39.5 with a saver on 31-40. Thoughts? I've been going horrible this week ::tongue2