Cheltenham - 17/4/08

Decent jumps card ;) 2.20 Imsingingtheblues 15 pts Biggest danger could be from henderson horse as Pigeon Island for while it is a good horse surely has had too many runs this season by now (does it want to get to 100?) and has a nasty looking fall to overcome and Group Captain disappointed for me on its last two runs as it looked as though from a combination of solid flat form and a good start to hurdle career as though it was going to be a bit better. This one had little go right in county lto, when from a fair way back it smacked the last hurdle when it may have stayed on for a place, no better I think. Before that it was trounced by Pigeon Island when may have needed the run and as i said, PI may have it to do to rediscover form at this stage of season, but it did have some nice pieces of form, beat Snap tie (good supreme third) and county zen are two examples and given decent pace by two likely pacesetters I could see, it could pick up late to go close. 2.55 Gold Medallist 7.5 pts e.w Nice on flat, group 2 winner, looked quite nice as a hurdler too, 145 rated, so far over fences 133 rated so ability to improve in comparison to hurdle mark which possibly make it adequately handicapped if it will be as good over fences and has one win over fences but its second here over CD is what possibly make it of interest, it was second only five lengths behind Tidal Bay and that one has gone onto great things at Chelt. and Aint. so that run reads very well. Was beaten @ 2/9 when completely messed up the last and possibly didnt stay and on that has it to find with sherwood runner but that was a below par effort seemingly (bounce factor on second start after a huge gap between runs could explain it?) Lto in Jewson could not quite dominate good field but in this lesser task it could well do so, if it wants to, they may let it be slightly less aggressive today.

Cheltenham - 17/4/08 2.20 Pigeon Island Paddy Brennan is back on board for todays ride, having won 6 of 14 rides, looks like things could go well as only 2 others in todays field have won at this distance and won other being placed, todays going should help as Pigeon Island has 1 win 3 places previous over todays going from 10 starts

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.