WOLVERHAMPTON ~ Mon 14th..

Re: WOLVERHAMPTON ~ Mon 14th.. Wolverhampton 2.20 – Machinate – has to enter calculations in this type of event after scooping a handicap LTO off 63. Ashley Hamblett takes off 3 lb here and in my opinion is well worth that having ridden me a couple of winners (Dodaa and Straight Face) in the past fortnight. Machinate is a four time CD winner and is fancied to go well again. 3.20 – I may regret this decision but I’m ditching Straight Face, who I have followed on each of his last few runs, in favour of Russel Kennemore’s Cap St Jean. Straight Face has been most effective when he has made all, yet Spencer seems hell bent on holding back and delivering his horses late – often when they have far too much to do (including one this one last time). Cap St Jean has solid claims of his own though and was only beaten by 0.5 lengths LTO here when was well backed into 4/1 from 7/1 and when it had Mineral Rights and Cabourg behind. Cap St Jean has only been raised 1 lb in the handicap since that run just over a month ago but seems to go well for Kennemore here. 4.50 – Ermine Grey – goes really well over course and distance with four 2nd placed efforts from its last four attempts. Those defeats have been minimal too – the greatest of which was 0.5 lengths. Those pieces of form have been when running off marks around 50-52 and although rated at 54 today, Luke Morris claims the three to give it a real chance.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.