Doncaster Sat 12/04

Re: Doncaster Sat 12/04 A rare post from me this afternoon, as I know absolutely nothing compared to some of the absolute legends on here :-) Anyway I was working at AIntree last week and I bumped into a bloke I met last year who does the online writing for the beeb. He told me that BLYTHE KNIGHT would go very very close the next time it runs. He seemed genuine so fingers crossed it goes well in the 3:35 @ Donny. Gd luck all for everyones selections here's hoping for another profitable afternoon.

Re: Doncaster Sat 12/04

3.35 Doncaster Mile stakes 4yo's have a decent record in the race & I want to concentrate on 2 that have had a prep run. Medicine Path looked a horse to follow this season when winning at Kempton in Feb. Spencer stays with the ride which is significant. Dubai's Touch could snatch a place at decent odds, has been tried over 10f recently but had a number of races in Group company last season & won the listed Easter stakes at Kempton last term when fresh. Has had 2 runs this year at Lingfield & the retun to 1m will help. Medicine Path win 4/1 Bet 365 BOG Dubai's touch EW 12/1 Bet365 BOG
:ok Medicine path won nicley, good ride by Spencer

:ok Medicine path won nicley' date=' good ride by Spencer[/quote'] well done. I'm refusing to back Spencer at the minute, don't like his style at all and he leaves them with far too much to do at times. Him and Hayley Turner top my list of hated jockeys at the current time!!! You can't argue with Medicine Paths win though.

Re: Doncaster Sat 12/04 I thought he gave it a fantastic ride today. Personally, I like the way Spencer rides, he knows what he is doing, and more often than not, he gets it spot on. However, when he does make an error he doesn't half got crucified for it!

I thought he gave it a fantastic ride today. Personally' date=' I like the way Spencer rides, he knows what he is doing, and more often than not, he gets it spot on. However, when he does make an error he doesn't half got crucified for it![/quote'] Great horseman, great on his day. He makes too many errors for a jockey of his class. Make of that what you will.

Re: Doncaster Sat 12/04 I know where you are coming from mate. I guess that I have been 'lucky' with him. ie, he has never made a shocking mistake whilst carrying a sum of my money. I would say, that when I look for at a horse I fancy - my estimations go up if I see him on board.

I know where you are coming from mate. I guess that I have been 'lucky' with him. ie' date=' he has never made a shocking mistake whilst carrying a sum of my money. I would say, that when I look for at a horse I fancy - my estimations go up if I see him on board.[/quote'] I rate him, a lot don't get me wrong. But I do worry when he is on board. If it's a Bell horse, I will upstakes. If not then I do worry, he has cost me a fair few quid over the years. How can I put this delicately? Anyone who was with Barney Curley at an early age, will no doubt have these tendacies to make errors in judgement. ;)

Re: Doncaster Sat 12/04 I think Spencer has a great judgement of a race usually but it's so frustrating when he leaves a horse with too much to do and misses out by a neck on the line. He also gave Kings Bastion a cracking ride but got outridden in the finish. He's not the strongest in a driving finish. Criticism of him is often unfair, there are fractions of seconds involved with the way he rides horses and finds the gaps, he goes from hero to zero race by race.

I think Spencer has a great judgement of a race usually but it's so frustrating when he leaves a horse with too much to do and misses out by a neck on the line. He also gave Kings Bastion a cracking ride but got outridden in the finish. He's not the strongest in a driving finish. Criticism of him is often unfair, there are fractions of seconds involved with the way he rides horses and finds the gaps, he goes from hero to zero race by race.
He is weak in a finish you're right. He should never have lost on King's Bastion but I'm yet to see the head on. But strength isn't his strength, if that makes sense. Trouble is, he rides from the back too much. Every horse can't need dropping out surely? I like him, but like you say, never has jockey gone from 'hero to zero' so frequently. Isn't he too good to keep making these bad judgements?

He is weak in a finish you're right. He should never have lost on King's Bastion but I'm yet to see the head on. But strength isn't his strength, if that makes sense. Trouble is, he rides from the back too much. Every horse can't need dropping out surely? I like him, but like you say, never has jockey gone from 'hero to zero' so frequently. Isn't he too good to keep making these bad judgements?
Well I try back him listed level and above most of the time. He can get away with it because of his style of riding. Class 5 on all weather, 3k prize money or 6k in the back pocket to lose on a well fancied favourite??? He went from the front on Magic Echo today and as soon as I saw him take the lead I said to my brother there is no way he'll win this race from there. I've seen him win on front runners but not often.

Well I try back him listed level and above most of the time. He can get away with it because of his style of riding. Class 5 on all weather' date=' 3k prize money or 6k in the back pocket to lose on a well fancied favourite??? [/quote'] Well that's what I was implying. Good point. I bet a lot before listed class as you know (the opposite to yourself) so perhaps thats why I 'worry' more when Jamie is aboard. I don't let it cloud my judgment and to be fair I like to think that I don't back many that aren't buzzing. It's always in the back of my mind though. But I'm over critical of flat jocks. I like about four. :)