Doncaster Sat 12/04

3.35 Doncaster Mile stakes 4yo's have a decent record in the race & I want to concentrate on 2 that have had a prep run. Medicine Path looked a horse to follow this season when winning at Kempton in Feb. Spencer stays with the ride which is significant. Dubai's Touch could snatch a place at decent odds, has been tried over 10f recently but had a number of races in Group company last season & won the listed Easter stakes at Kempton last term when fresh. Has had 2 runs this year at Lingfield & the retun to 1m will help. Medicine Path win 4/1 Bet 365 BOG Dubai's touch EW 12/1 Bet365 BOG

Re: Doncaster Sat 12/04 Only one horse I really fancy tomorrow potentially and that is Swinbrook in the 16.10. However, going to wait until tomorrow until I make it a selection to see what the price is (looks like it will be around 6 or 7s), and to look again as I'm still not too sure. Has done well in previous big fields and has been on good form so far. There are two other horses I also expect to win but they are both going to be huge odds on, so going no where near!

Re: Doncaster Sat 12/04 this isn't so much a tip, more of a request for input from others on here...RE Varadouro in the 4.10 Doncaster. This one ran at Pontefract the other week when I went and despite having a load of duck eggs next to its name was very well supported into 10's from 28/1. It stayed on well at the end and finished 4th of 20 on good-soft ground. I'm sure I read in the RP that day that it had won some decent class races in Brazil or something too. Anyone know anything more on this one?

Re: Doncaster Sat 12/04

this isn't so much a tip' date=' more of a request for input from others on here...RE [b']Varadouro in the 4.10 Doncaster. This one ran at Pontefract the other week when I went and despite having a load of duck eggs next to its name was very well supported into 10's from 28/1. It stayed on well at the end and finished 4th of 20 on good-soft ground. I'm sure I read in the RP that day that it had won some decent class races in Brazil or something too. Anyone know anything more on this one?
looked through the form, 7 &3/4L defeat at Goodwood in Class 2 event over 6f last summer was possibly its best effort & notably has never raced over 7f, kept on well LTO behind Winthorpe & Nicholls rightly trying an extra furlong tomorrow. I wouldnt be happy taking a short price about it though especially against the likes of some consistent handicappers which i would narrow down to Angaric, Kings Bastion, Westport. Angaric drawn 19 looks an nice EW bet IMO.

looked through the form' date=' 7 &3/4L defeat at Goodwood in Class 2 event over 6f last summer was possibly its best effort & notably has never raced over 7f, kept on well LTO behind Winthorpe & Nicholls rightly trying an extra furlong tomorrow. I wouldnt be happy taking a short price about it though especially against the likes of some consistent handicappers which i would narrow down to Angaric, Kings Bastion, Westport. Angaric drawn 19 looks an nice EW bet IMO.[/quote'] Haven't gone through the race yet but it's no surprise he was supported LTO and is sure to be popular tomorrow and in the near future. He has plummeted in the weights. Did win a couple of Group races in Brazil. Can't find any info regarding how it come to be racing over here. Perhaps its down to a contact DeSouza has back home?

Re: Doncaster Sat 12/04 Barber's Shop is an absolute shoe-in tomorrow... Maybe a Barber's Shop, Tasdeer, Fiulin trixie is on the cards for those that like the shorts prices...? Personally, I wouldn't back it, but it looks to have a more than sporting chance of coming up IMO...

Re: Doncaster Sat 12/04 3.05 Obviously a competitive affair but I Bond City is currently over priced. Winless since 2006 (then with Bryan Smart) but had a string of consistent place efforts to his name last season including a fantastic 3rd in a Group 3. From 14 starts he only had one really bad run, which was over a too far 6f. Despite some sterling efforts last year he starts the season on 94, 9lb lower than this time last year and has only raced off a lower mark once before from 48 career starts. He has never been out of the frame on a seasonal debut (3rd, 2nd (50/1), and 2nd) always running above form. The last two seasonal debuts were very close to his best form of the season. He disappointed slightly with pieces on back end, and they are off here, which is a good sign. He has a plum draw and acts with ease. It may be the right time to catch him. Think Bigalos Bandit will win a race this year but he suffered an injury last year and may need this. Bond City 50% of stake win 9.6 betfair 45 % of stake place 3.05 betfair Bigalos Bandit 5% of stake win 32 betfair 4.10 I think there are a host of horses fairly well handicapped here, Varadouro, Kenmore, Swinbrook, King's Bastion have all run off better marks and the former three all look to me coming back into form. The latter's connections have done well lately. Would have to lay close to odds on if I wanted to cover all four and I'm not prepared to do that, so no bet.

5-50 Doncaster - Fiullin - WIN Beaten favourite (11/4) in a similar Class 4 Maiden here, on the opening day of the season . It was a 15 runner affair and the selection got hampered in the last furlong, but ran on to get second. I fully expect it to win today
Agree with Cassius here: Fiulin 5.50 Looked like one to follow, ran over 10f but got hampered as mentioned and should get the extra 2f no problem. Ground was quite soft that day and will be similar today. Fully expect to get some compensation on it today. Related to Falbrav and will go on from here.

Haven't gone through the race yet but it's no surprise he was supported LTO and is sure to be popular tomorrow and in the near future. He has plummeted in the weights. Did win a couple of Group races in Brazil. Can't find any info regarding how it come to be racing over here. Perhaps its down to a contact DeSouza has back home?
looked through the form, 7 &3/4L defeat at Goodwood in Class 2 event over 6f last summer was possibly its best effort & notably has never raced over 7f, kept on well LTO behind Winthorpe & Nicholls rightly trying an extra furlong tomorrow. I wouldnt be happy taking a short price about it though especially against the likes of some consistent handicappers which i would narrow down to Angaric, Kings Bastion, Westport. Angaric drawn 19 looks an nice EW bet IMO.
Cheers for the info fellas.

Re: Doncaster Sat 12/04 No probs Fintron, hope it runs well for you 2.30 I dont involved too much with 2yo's at this stage of the season but Come on Buckers has had a run & finished ok when 4th. The others havent run yet & fitness will bound to be improtant especially with the stable doing well. 3.05 One of my favourite sprinters Cape Royal runs in this. I have followed the horse since its 2yo days & i only back it when it runs off this sort of mark. It runs off 90 today & below is the form off this mark: Aug 07 2nd Haydock 5f G-F Btn 1.25 L Class 2 Apr 07 1st Epsom 5F G-F won by shd Class 3 Apr 07 2nd Beverley 5F G-F btn 0.75L Class 3 Sept 06 1st Haydock 5F Hvy won by nk Class 2 Aug 06 2nd Epsom 5F G-S btn btn 0.5L Class 2 The only time over last 3 years it dropped below 90 it won a 5F h'cap at Sandown off 87 in 2005 & was 2nd off 89 at leicester last september. At 16/1 with Bet365 (BOG), i really cant see it out of the places & is my EW nap of the day today.

No probs Fintron, hope it runs well for you 2.30 I dont involved too much with 2yo's at this stage of the season but Come on Buckers has had a run & finished ok when 4th. The others havent run yet & fitness will bound to be improtant especially with the stable doing well. 3.05 One of my favourite sprinters Cape Royal runs in this. I have followed the horse since its 2yo days & i only back it when it runs off this sort of mark. It runs off 90 today & below is the form off this mark: Aug 07 2nd Haydock 5f G-F Btn 1.25 L Class 2 Apr 07 1st Epsom 5F G-F won by shd Class 3 Apr 07 2nd Beverley 5F G-F btn 0.75L Class 3 Sept 06 1st Haydock 5F Hvy won by nk Class 2 Aug 06 2nd Epsom 5F G-S btn btn 0.5L Class 2 The only time over last 3 years it dropped below 90 it won a 5F h'cap at Sandown off 87 in 2005 & was 2nd off 89 at leicester last september. At 16/1 with Bet365 (BOG), i really cant see it out of the places & is my EW nap of the day today.
I liked the look of that one as well but the trainer horses have been in so bad of form for a long time now it put me off it.

Re: Doncaster Sat 12/04 Revealing stats Bowlesey and he does look overpriced off the back of those. I like River Falcon but was hoping for a bigger price than the 9/2 he is at right now. Most of his form is early on in the season so he should be primed for this. He ran well last time out finishing 8th on his seasonal debut from stall 17, where the first seven home were drawn 1 6 4 3 5 2 9. Its an open race and unless I can get something in the 13/2 + range i'll be leaving it alone. Might have a small bet on Cape Royal for what looks like value reasons :ok

pill_0_left.gif pill_1_left.gif Current Form pill_0_left.gif Trainer Engagements pill_0_right.gif
RACE VIDEODATERACE CONDITIONSRACE OUTCOME JOCKEYORTSPre RPRRPR
11Apr08Wol7StCl64y+Hc(2K)8/10Moon Forest[28/1] 8-3 pKevin Ghunowa47­55­
11Apr08Wol6StCl54y+Hc(2K)8/9Briery Lane[40/1] 8-5 Paul Fitzsimons57­63­
11Apr08Wol6StCl53y+Md(2K)8/12Solemn[28/1] 9-0 Paul Fitzsimons0­61­
FULLFIN09Apr08Kem6StCl64y+Hc(2K)9/12Fervent[50/1] 8-7 Paul Fitzsimons47314830
FULLFIN09Apr08Kem8StCl74y+(1K)11/14Goodwood Spirit[12/1] 9-0 vN Callan4235228
09Apr08Bat5GdCl54y+Hc(2K)7/7Harrison´s Flyer[12/1] 9-1 pJim Crowley70­7634
09Apr08Bat5GdCl52yMd(2K)10/10Sharp Discovery[80/1] 8-12 Paul Fitzsimons0­­15
03Apr08Lei7SftCl44y+Hc(4K)11/12Thabaat[25/1] 9-1 N Callan82199042
FULLFIN02Apr08Not8SftCl64y+Hc(1K)9/17The Grey One[14/1] 8-13 pTed Durcan60407050
FULLFIN02Apr08Not8SftCl64y+Hc(1K)12/17Outer Hebrides[40/1] 9-3 vPaul Fitzsimons64367546
FULLFIN02Apr08Not5SftCl53yHc(2K)11/12Sandy Par[33/1] 8-13 Paul Fitzsimons65426245
Videos: "FULL" show full race, "FIN" shows closing stages.

Re: Doncaster Sat 12/04 That didnt come out very well, sorry - Its Milton Bradleys runners over the last couple of weeks. Not overly encouraging but its worth noting they are all at big prices so probably werent fancied to run well anyway.....

Re: Doncaster Sat 12/04 Blythe Knight 3.35 Doncaster Ran a cracker of a race in the Lincoln this year despite being top weight, he won his split of the group but just found Smokey Oakey (in the other split) too quick in the final furlong. He's only up 2lb from that and this GS ground should be spot on for him. Its a step up to Class 1 but he's beat some good runners last year in this sphere and should run well at a decent price. 3 of the last 4 wnners have carried 9-0 or more. 7/1

Revealing stats Bowlesey and he does look overpriced off the back of those. I like River Falcon but was hoping for a bigger price than the 9/2 he is at right now. Most of his form is early on in the season so he should be primed for this. He ran well last time out finishing 8th on his seasonal debut from stall 17, where the first seven home were drawn 1 6 4 3 5 2 9. Its an open race and unless I can get something in the 13/2 + range i'll be leaving it alone. Might have a small bet on Cape Royal for what looks like value reasons :ok
RF went into my notebook last season after it looked "unlucky" on numerous occasions. That unlucky tag is a typical hold up horse tag as this one normally has to weave its way thorugh the field. If it wins fair enough but i have backed it too many times i think it needs a great deal of cover & would rather pick it up in a much larger field at somewhere like York.

Re: Doncaster Sat 12/04 3.05 Doncaster With 4 NR's, it leaves just 10 runners for this Class 2 handicap over the straight 5f. I'm siding with Billy The Punter here for my EW bet and putting my faith in: Bond City (7/1 Betfred) - Think this is a cracking price for a horse that has ideal conditions today. Is drawn in the rail box so has no issues whatsover from a draw perspective for this prominent racer. Races off its lowest ever mark and faces its easiest task to date IMO. Makes it seasonal reappearance today and has yet to finish out of the frame when coming back from an absence. 5f on easy ground is what suits, so today looks a perfect opportunity. Was racing off marks in the 100's last term so todays mark of 94 looks extremely lenient. Performances last season include 2 x 3rd of 10 in Group 3's and a 3rd of 17 in Class 2 handicap off 102. With a useful 5lb claimer on top too, this looks the class horse in the race and is a stonking EW bet at 7's. That price will not last.

Re: Doncaster Sat 12/04 4.10 Doncaster Field now reduced to 17 with 3 NR's in this Class 4 handicap over 7f on the straight course here. I'm favouring high drawn horses and I think there is a very big EW priced horse here in: Chjimes (25/1 Betfred) - This joint top weight has the rail draw here in box 20 and is a massive price to me at 25's. Stable is in good form at present with a few winners recently. Despite being 6lb higher than its last run on the AW, it is 2lb lower than its last turf run where it is almost certainly a different horse. AW spins will have put it spot on for this, despite not showing much on that surface. If we ignore its AW efforts, it looks really overpriced here with turf form last term reading well, 3rd of 13 in this grade off 2lb higher (82) on its last start, previous to that was 2nd of 16 in Class 3 off 81 over a trip slightly short of its best. Has the best of the draw today, is race fit, off a winning mark on turf, in correct grade and will appreciate the cut in the ground, I expect a big run at a big price.

Re: Doncaster Sat 12/04 3.35 Dont Panic 7/4 var 15 pts Fantastic performance by this one lto in Spring Mile, time quicker than the Lincoln which surely this one would have won if in, likes cut in the ground, impressive win before that showed it was improving and quite clearly has improved a lot since being gelded, trainer is in top form (Medicine Path looks the biggest danger) and looks capable of stepping up. Every chance. 4.45 Tasdeer evens bog 15 pts Skinny price after non runner and skinny when you consider a possible doubt over softer ground but the whole field virtually have similar doubts and whilst on official figures this one may not have to find a bit on one (Spitfire) there is more than enough to suggest he is well capable, Yarm. win was visually impressive as was the run first time up this year when caught late by the impressive Paco Boy. Strong connections and if the ground does not incovenience too much then has big chance.

Re: Doncaster Sat 12/04 335 - Babodana EACH-WAY gamble. Was placed here last month at this distance, and despite the competition I think it can manage another place. 515 - Princess Cocoa Hanagan rode this horse well at Wolv. in March, coming 2nd. Good speed. Might be an EW bet though.

Re: Doncaster Sat 12/04 Balakrief 4.10 @17.00 Ladbrokes Each - Way Traditionally comes to hand early and has twice won on his comeback before; claimer ridden but plenty of reasons to expect a bold showing, with him back on his last winning mark and conditions in his favour. (taken from Rp site) Goes here today with a weight of 9-1 in a class 4 handicap when last year it was running in higher grade handicaps and acquiting itself admirably. It's run in the Ayr Silver cup class 2 on ground like this was very eyecatching finishing 6th not far behind Utmost Respect the eventual winner, running on all too late over 6F. Today it has it's ground and is over a furlong further which it has shown suits in the past and it is ridden by a decent enough 7lbs claimer further reducing it's weight. I'm expecting a big run against this field and at it's odds it's a cracking each-way bet with 4 places up for grabs! :ok

2.50 - DONT PANIC Demolished a decent field when last seen, up 9lb but that last run is good form in this race, typical horse that the stable excel with, Munro in the sadle, expecting a big run at a nice price, around 10/1 now, fav is far to short in a race like this, so can go e/w with this horse.
This should be going in again after I tipped it up on Lincoln day, quite short but looks best bet of the day easily today.

Re: Doncaster Sat 12/04 2.30 Marygate PLACE LAY @ 2.00 I've layed this at 2.00 on Betfair for a place. It's just about the most immature horse in the race (April 6th) but more importantly, the breeding suggests that it is unlikely to show its best first time out AND at such an early stage of the season. Of course, we still need 3 to finish ahead of it without knowing much about them, but I think there are enough negatives to make this a cracking even money shot.

Re: Doncaster Sat 12/04 4.10 - Varadouro - was subject to a good amount of support LTO at Pontefract and stayed on well at the end in behind Swinbrook on G-S ground to suggest todays extra furlong will suit. Has won a few group races in Brazil in its time and could have each-way claims off bottom weight. 8/1.