Best bet of the day Thurs 10th April

Carlisle 3.20 Ballyvoge should be a warm order to win the novice chase & the 7lb it gets from Akilak should be enough to see of its only serious rival to make this an emotional send off for Dobbin. The trip is no problem & the ground should be ideal.

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 10th April 5.05 Carlisle. Native Coll. Lay. (Racing Post SP 7/2) All about the weights for me, and with the lay needing to produce at 'least' his best, and with several having chances on their bare form and weights combined, the 7/2 would appear short enough. Can win, but at 7/2 can only be opposed in my opinion. If he goes and wins, then fair play to him.

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 10th April my best bet of the day would be to lay cleymor house 440 font. on a roll, but weight getting bigger and bigger, and with quite a few capable of winning this race if showing their abilities, the 2-1 looks very short. Has to be a lay at 2-1.

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 10th April

5.00 Folkestone - Icannshift (7/2) - this is my bet of the day as it really loves it here at Folkestone. Its form here over its last six runs reads an impressive 122111, all over this trip. The handicapper has given him every chance as he is back down to a winning mark again today. His run on his seasonal reappearance at Warwick will have blown away a few cobwebs but can be safely ignored anyway given Icannshift's fantastic CD form.
user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gif

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 10th April Lay Expensive Art 8.20pm Kempton A lot of money should come for this horse with Jamie Spencer taking the mount but its the horse that has to run and has not run since last Nov in my view it will have to go good from the start any small hiccup the race could be over plus the odds should be very low so a lay for me. Good luck all and thanks BH for all hard work.:ok

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 10th April Thanks Zero, appreciated. 340 Towcester: Croc An Oir LAY (7/2 RP) Bit of a risk at the price as i reckon it will be bigger than the tissue, not won for ages although usually runs a fair race in defeat, think more of the same today. The ground has dried up a bit which this one needs but just not sure the track will suit and there are a few in the race with similar chances so prepared to think at least one of them will come out on top. The other thing, im not sure the horse is straight forward and Elsworth rides it for the first time today, may need to get to know him, he's getting on now and not an improver so must be a Lay for me.

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 10th April non runner m8.

5.00 Folkestone - Icannshift (7/2) - this is my bet of the day as it really loves it here at Folkestone. Its form here over its last six runs reads an impressive 122111, all over this trip. The handicapper has given him every chance as he is back down to a winning mark again today. His run on his seasonal reappearance at Warwick will have blown away a few cobwebs but can be safely ignored anyway given Icannshift's fantastic CD form.
user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gif

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 10th April 3.15 Folkestone Dickie Le Davoir (0.5pts E/W) A consistent sort (15 places from 30 runs lifetime) who is running 11lbs better off than the last run. Only just beaten into 3rd that day, with the reduction in weight this looks a nice opportunity to pick up a win at a reasonable price.

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 10th April I'm in with SpurMan :ok too late to study another race. 3-15 Folkestone - Dickie De Davoir Won a class 3 handicap on good to soft at Nottingham 11 months ago, off a mark of 90. Tried to scale the class ladder with 5 runs in class 2 handicaps, the last one being last September, trailing in 25th of 26 in the Ayr Silver Cup. Has had 12 or so races since, all on the AW, with 3 wins, 5 seconds and 3 thirds. Now has a mark of 74 on AW as well as dropping to the same for Turf, and that entitles him to run well. 0.5 point each way (13 on Betfair at the moment)

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 10th April 5.00 Folkestone STREET LIFE - LAY top weight, extra penalty, female jockey, only favourite because of last time out win, ten years old, horses this old don't normally follow up again...3-1f....your choice but I'm laying :ok

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 10th April Kempton 7:50 Enodoc Big price. Racing Post Forecast has it as the 7-2 favorite with the co-second favorites at 5-1. Partybets has him at 9-1, Betfair also has him around that price. From the 6 rivals only Valhillen has a Placed experience at this course - 2-14-6-2 lifetime. Others who have raced here are Van Bossed (8 of 8) and Storey Hill (10 of 11). Enodoc's 3rd of 10 (25-1) effort a week ago is a good sign he will be well for today. It was his first race 180 days so today is likely to have him improve. He led most of the last race up to the furlong marker (6f race) but faded after, so drop in trip should help. Only career win came from 5f, Goodwood maiden last year. 5pts ew @ 6-1 Stan James BOG

5.00 Folkestone STREET LIFE - LAY top weight, extra penalty, female jockey, only favourite because of last time out win, ten years old, horses this old don't normally follow up again...3-1f....your choice but I'm laying :ok
To be fair a well timed ride and heart in mouth final furlong, fortunately gave it too much to do....anyone find the 20-1 winner? :lol

I'm in with SpurMan :ok too late to study another race. 3-15 Folkestone - Dickie De Davoir Won a class 3 handicap on good to soft at Nottingham 11 months ago, off a mark of 90. Tried to scale the class ladder with 5 runs in class 2 handicaps, the last one being last September, trailing in 25th of 26 in the Ayr Silver Cup. Has had 12 or so races since, all on the AW, with 3 wins, 5 seconds and 3 thirds. Now has a mark of 74 on AW as well as dropping to the same for Turf, and that entitles him to run well. 0.5 point each way (13 on Betfair at the moment)
Ran a shocker. Only got one mention in the commentary. :sad

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 10th April 8.20 I follwed Expensive Art last season and he is a horse I liked. I thought he was slung in on his handicap debut last year of 57 and despite having a fine season he starts this year only 11lb higher. He definetly imporved at least that much last year and I think he is still well handicapped with further improvement still in him. Give ideal conditions, trip, surface, jockey his figures are; 1st 2nd (caught another well handicapped type at the time) 1st 9th (was 33/1 in a listed race, had as much as 44lb to find with some and over 20lb to find with even the rags. Wasn't disgraced, beaten 4l) I'm certain that there is more to come this season. As always this time of year there is always the worry with fitness but his record when fresh reads 21. Will be equalling my biggest bet so far this year with this one. :hope He is sure to have paid his way with me come November. Expensive Art 100% stake 11/8 hills

8.20 I follwed Expensive Art last season and he is a horse I liked. I thought he was slung in on his handicap debut last year of 57 and despite having a fine season he starts this year only 11lb higher. He definetly imporved at least that much last year and I think he is still well handicapped with further improvement still in him. Give ideal conditions, trip, surface, jockey his figures are; 1st 2nd (caught another well handicapped type at the time) 1st 9th (was 33/1 in a listed race, had as much as 44lb to find with some and over 20lb to find with even the rags. Wasn't disgraced, beaten 4l) I'm certain that there is more to come this season. As always this time of year there is always the worry with fitness but his record when fresh reads 21. Will be equalling my biggest bet so far this year with this one. :hope He is sure to have paid his way with me come November. Expensive Art 100% stake 11/8 hills
Never known a season like it for bets running well without winning. :wall:wall:wall

Bowles' date=' will you still be having a bet seeing as it is as short as 1/5 according to ATR.[/quote'] returned at 4/11, a winner is a winner however they pulled out its main rival & thats why the price was so short. :ok

16:30 Carlisle Solway Bee
Opal Ridge - Towcester 17:25 - top weight but a definite chance. No linking to personal sites please. Please contact [email protected] for permission Will leave this up to you BH whether you want to include in competition.
Neither bets count, if you want to join in the competition you are most welcome, have a read of the rules in the tables thread guys. BH