Cricket: West Indies vs Sri Lanka ODI Series

West Indies and Sri Lanka play out a 3 match ODI series which is all live on Sky and begins at 2.30 tomorrow afternoon.

SortAvBOn.gifSortFavOff.gif
v6218.gif v15.gif v6004.gif v6143.gif v1.gif v6169.gif v2.gif v3.gif v6002.gif v6018.gif v401.gif
chart_off.gifWest Indies 1.72 1.8 1.66 1.66 1.72 1.72 1.66 1.72 1.8 1.66 1.85
chart_off.gifSri Lanka 2 1.9 2.1 2.1 2 2.1 2.1 2 1.9 2.1 2.12
1st ODI v West Indies at Port of Spain - Apr 10, 2008 Match scheduled to begin at 09:30 local time (13:30 GMT)
spacer.gif
2nd ODI v West Indies at Port of Spain - Apr 12, 2008 (09:30 local, 13:30 GMT) 3rd ODI v West Indies at Gros Islet - Apr 15, 2008 (14:30 local, 18:30 GMT) I'm going to leave the series outrights alone. 3 matches is a bit short for top bats and things like that and while I fully expect the Windies to win the series, they're a bigger price for the 1st match than they are for the series. I'll be back shortly with bets for tomorrow.

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs Sri Lanka ODI Series I'll take 3 for the opening ODI. 10pts West Indies to win 1st ODI 10/11 Boylesports West Indies come into this match having won the test match here to level the test series at 1-1. They played good cricket on a pitch which suited their fast bowlers and it could just be that this wicket will also assist them. In Jerome Taylor they've got a solid and dependable fast bowler who has a reputation which is increasing all the time. West Indies haven't got the best one day form having been tonked 5-0 in South Africa just before Xmas but Ramnaresh Sarwan returns to their batting lineup here and with the form he's shown already that could be a big difference. Sri Lanka come here without Sanath Jayasuriya and Muttiah Muralitharan. They are going to field youngsters so the likes of Thushara and Amerasinghe get to continue in the side. Sri Lanka like ODI's over in the Caribbean having made the world cup final here last year but they were in much better form than they are currently in. England beat them at home at the end of last year and Australia and India dominated them in the CB Series too so Sri Lanka are looking for a bit of form which won't be easy without those 2 key players. West Indies have a winning record at Port of Spain and they've won the last 3 here and with their bowling attack looking potent and their batting being strong down to 8 unlike Sri Lanka who heavily rely on their big 2, I think the Windies can notch up the 4 timer here. 10pts D.Bravo to beat T.Dilshan 5/6 Ladbrokes Dwayne Bravo has hit half centuries in his last two ODI's at Trinidad and it's a ground he seems to enjoy batting on. Many people seem to think that Bravo is a bowling all rounder but that's not actually the case. He is actually a batsman who has learnt how to bowl. In fact just two weeks ago he was opening the innings for the Windies in a test match. Tillekeratne Dilshan is a good one day player and has a good record in the Caribbean but if Sangakkara and Jayawardene were to bat a long period of time then it's possible Dilshan won't get much time at the crease or if he does he'll be in when the slog is on. Even if he comes in with lots of time to spare, the Windies bowlers have shown they can get him out. Bravo is a solid batsman and I think he'll beat Dilshan here. 10pts R.Sarwan to score 41+ 6/4 Blue Square In the test series, Ramnaresh Sarwan had 4 innings. In those innings he made 3 half centuries and a century so he comes into this ODI series in red hot form. He's in good form here too. In 3 of his last 4 ODI's he's made a half century and having been nominated as vice captain earlier in the week I'm sure he'll want to show his leadership skills but scoring a big innings for his side. He couldn't be in better form and although it's a different game in ODI cricket, the attack he'll be facing is worse than the one he faced in the tests so I'll take Sarwan to score 41 or more here.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.