Following (well treated) Horses

A few on here like to follow a stable of horses, bowles has showed a nice profit doing so on his recent Jumps Season thread. It's something that I've done a lot in my life, perhaps without realising it. There will always been 30 or so horses I will follow throughout the year. Dirculous being a recent obvious one. It is no suprise as I back in a lot of handicaps and I go for horses that I think are well in. It makes sense to follow those for a period of time. My well-in I mean well handicapped, better than already shown, under rated by the handicapper etc Based on all my flat selection's next HANDICAP run to date, they show figures of 12181418 4 winners from 8 races. 4.25pts profit and the 2nd was beaten a SH at 4/1. I like to back well treated horses and previous selections are well treated per se. I rarely dismiss horses that I've back previous and it seems the reasoning is something more than sentiment. I bet you've lost count the about of time you've watched something sluice up and to rant "can't believe it! I backed that last time!". It depends on how you come to your initial choices of course, but if you're of a similar style to me then it may pay to keep and eye on your previous selections. Obviously it will never be cut and dry, the two horses above that were beaten NTO I never gave any chance too (Misaro and Diademas) - but for me it is definetly something worth looking at.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.