Golf The Masters

Re: Golf The Masters Half way for most, so just looking at the prices again >betfair win prices - 2pts (total 12pts) only taking the long ones which hopefully will come down over the 4 days T Clark 160.0 won't make cut Couples 150.0 500.0 Wier 160.0 48.0 :ok Casey 170.0 23.0 :ok Appleby 95.0 570.0 Cink 90.0 38.0 :ok I personally will only be backing the others in the w/o Woods market as the guy is in such great form & not worth taking him on. W/O woods - Goosen 18.5 - 20/1 Corals 1pt EW 1,2,3,4,5 :ok Singh 14.0 - 12/1 Tote 1pt EW 1,2,3,4,5 :ok Donald 38.0 - 30/1 PaddyP 1pt EW 1,2,3,4,5 Mickleson 10.0 - No bet Appleby 60.0 - 50/1 Tote 0.5pts EW 1,2,3,4,5 Cink 55.0 - 50/1 Skybet 0.5pts EW 1,2,3,4,5 :ok Weir 85.0 - 60/1 Tote 0.5pts EW 1,2,3,4,5 :ok Casey 85.0 - 70/1 Tote 0.5pts EW 1,2,3,4,5 :ok T Clark 90.0 - 75/1 Bet365 0.5pts EW 1,2,3,4,5 Couples 60.0 - 50/1 Betfred 0.5pts EW 1,2,3,4,5 Always worth considering the nationality markets & my 10 selections are priced up as follows : Top European - Donald 9.4 - 8/1 Ladbrokes 1pt win Casey 16.5 - 16/1 PaddyP 0.5pts EW 1,2,3,4 :ok Top Rest of World - Singh 5.0 - 6/1 Sportingbet 1pt win :ok Goosen 6.6 - 8/1 Sportingbet 1pt win Weir 18.5 - 20/1 Betfred 0.5pts EW 1,2,3,4 :ok T Clark 19.5 - 33/1 Betfred 0.5pts EW 1,2,3,4 Top South African - Goosen 3.1 - 2/1 Bet365 2pts win :ok T Clark 9.0 - 7/1 Bet365 1pt win Top australian - Appleby 6.6 - 7/1 Bluesq 1pt win Top US w/o woods Cink 19.5 - 20/1 Betfred 0.5pts EW 1,2,3,4 :ok Couples 23.0 - 22/1 Betfred 0.5pts EW 1,2,3,4 Top 10 finish - 2pts (total 2pts) Only backing 1 of mine here to finish top 10 F Couples 6.2 - 5/1 Boylesports 1pt win :ok still in with a shout on these markets. Looks like now that a score better than -5 may win this.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gazza271

Re: Golf The Masters Sorry if this has already been posted,dont venture in here to much :$:$ We were talking at work after Poulters ace, what sort of odds are given at the start of a major on an ace happening and is it a frequent thing over 4 rounds ? :ok

Re: Golf The Masters Outright MICKLESON @ 4.7 Betfair. I know I was against Lefty yesterday but he put in a much more solid round and to be honest looked excellent. He's now in a great position and with this market still heavily affected by Tiger who is a long way back this looks a good price. I can't see Immelman or Snedeker keeping up the pace at the front and would be very surprised if Mickleson isn't in one of the last 2 groups on Sunday. Top European POULTER @ 2.75 Stan James. Poulter seems to be putting a lot better than usual here and that has put him in a very strong position. He backed up his hole in one with an excellent round yesterday and hopefully he'll have a strong weekend. Main threat to this now looks like Casey or Westwood, but with a shot advantage over Casey I have to take him at the same price.

Re: Golf The Masters Have had a small e/w on sean o hair ew @80,s , a very good ball striker and if the wind picks up later on today ,hopefully he is in the club house after posting a good score . Round 3 , 2 ball bet Boo Weekley to beat Adam Scott @13-8 , Boo is one of the best ball strikers ,Scotts Masters record is ok ish and there not much between there 3rd round scoring so thought 13/8 is worth a punt.

Re: Golf The Masters My Third Round 2-ball tips:

SportGolf
EventMasters 3rd Round: Singh v Furyk
SelectionVijay Singh
Strength6/10
Date12/04/2008
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 1.91 (Back)
ReasoningVijay Singh has an excellent record here at Augusta - top 15 in the last 6 years - and he played brilliantly tee to green yesterday in the 2nd round. Had his putter been in form, he could easily have went around in 4, 5, 6 shots less than he did. 10/11 about him even finding an extra couple of shots today and defeating Jim Furyk looks to be good value.
SportGolf
EventMasters 3rd Round: Dougherty v Karlsson
SelectionDougherty
Strength5/10
Date12/04/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfred @ 2.10 (Back)
ReasoningThe momentum coming into this 3rd round is with Masters debutant Nick Dougherty. He followed an opening round 74 with a 69 yesterday, and he deserved the score too, with some excellent recovery play and putting. Swede Karlsson meanwhile shot an opening round 2 under par 70, but followed that up yesterday with a 1 over round of 73. A few bookies are going Evens each of two, whilst some are going 10/11 Dougherty 11/10 Karlsson. Betfred are the only bookies to make Karlsson favourite, and I will be taking the odds-against available there for the Englishman
SportGolf
EventMasters 3rd Round: Goosen v Westwood
SelectionDraw
Strength2/10
Date12/04/2008
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 9.00 (Back)
ReasoningRetief Goosen will be coming into today's 3rd round wondering what might have been, as he stood on -3 with 5 holes to play yesterday, before bogeying 2 of the last 5 holes to finish with a second consecutive 71 for an overall score of -2. Westwood also sits on the same score going into the weekend, but he comes into the weekend on the back of an overpar second round of 73. The score doesn't necessarily reflect the solid play displayed by Westwood yesterday however, the man from Worksop dropped shots on only 1 of the 18 holes, shooting 16 pars altogether. Both men will be looking at shooting a solid round, maybe picking up a couple of shots to close in on the protagonists and giving themselves a chance on the final day. With that in mind I have a sneaky suspicion that these two are going to go round pretty much shot for shot with each other, and have backed the draw to small stakes.
SportGolf
EventMasters 3rd Round: Mickelson v Flesch
SelectionPhil Mickleson
Strength10/10
Date12/04/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfred @ 1.53 (Back)
ReasoningAlbeit Steve Flesch has performed well on the first 2 days, it is not a hard decision for me to go with 'Big Leftie' here. Mickelson, twice a winner in the previous 4 Masters tournaments, comes into the weekend having made par or better on 34 of the 36 holes he has played so far. Having seen him interviewed following his second round yesterday, he appears to be in great spirits, his pre-season fitness regime looks to have paid dividends, and he gives the impression he has merely been feeling his way around the course on the opening 2 days. I envisage Mickelson really taking control of the tournament in this third round. He won't want to be within touching distance of Tiger on Sunday, and I predict a score of around 68/69 for Phil today.
SportGolf
EventMasters 3rd Round: Immelman v Snedeker
SelectionTrevor Immelman
Strength8/10
Date12/04/2008
Bookmaker/PriceExpekt @ 1.95 (Back)
ReasoningWith every respect for how Brandt Snedeker has played the course so far, I can't oppose Immelman in this match-up, simply due to the fact that the weekend is where I envisage the likes of Snedeker, Poulter, Flesch to start slipping, while the likes of Mickleson, Ames, Goosen etc start to pick up shots and make headway. Having perhaps not been in a challenging position for a Major before, I am sticking my neck out and tipping Snedeker to shoot over par today, maybe 74/75, and for that reason I have backed Immelman at 10/11 to triumph - although 14/15 is available with Expekt

Re: Golf The Masters Well backed Singh, Scott and Wagner pre tourney, but they dont seem to be having much luck. So, had a little on Tiger and a fair bit on Snedeker. Cant see many winning this and if Snedeker can lead going into tomorrow, I cant see many catching him. However, if he falters I think it will be a tonic for Tiger who could fly up the leaderboard. Cant have Immelman to lead all the way though and cant see Casey winning either. So: Snedeker @ 7.2 Woods @ 5.3 for me :hope:hope

Re: Golf The Masters

Well backed Singh, Scott and Wagner pre tourney, but they dont seem to be having much luck. So, had a little on Tiger and a fair bit on Snedeker. Cant see many winning this and if Snedeker can lead going into tomorrow, I cant see many catching him. However, if he falters I think it will be a tonic for Tiger who could fly up the leaderboard. Cant have Immelman to lead all the way though and cant see Casey winning either. So: Snedeker @ 7.2 Woods @ 5.3 for me :hope:hope
Also just backed: Top 10 Snedeker @ 1.18 Flesch @ 1.3 :hope:hope

Re: Golf The Masters Casey must be well odds on to be top european now, so may have to lay off some now to make a profit overall. The 170.0 to win is laos looking a bot tasty if he can sort out his approach play tomorrow. Just hope he can hold it together as it will be a nice profit.

Re: Golf The Masters Lost just under 5pts on the 2-Ball betting today - rueing Westwood missing his par putt on the 18th that would have seen me 18pts richer :( Should be a good final day tomorrow. Tiger's crept into a challenging position, but it has been a while since the winner came from anywhere other than the final group - and I can't see Snedeker turning round the deficit with Immelman in that pairing. Back tomorrow with my final round 2-Ball fancies

Re: Golf The Masters swithering over hitting Immelman @ 6/4 - got £75 on tiger @ 13/10 but reckon 5 shots is a big ask, Immelman looks to have meticulous mental strength that is imperative at Augusta. Flip side of this is that If I hadnt backed woods at the start I'd jump on it now at 5.50 for interest if nothing else. No disrespect to Casey or Snedeker but its a 2 way fight for me - last round of majors requires bottle and concentration, woods has this in abundance but think making up 5 strokes is too big an ask, have a few more strongbow and decide. 2 over-riding questions remain for me : is Snedeker Colin Hendry's secret son ? and when did Paul Casey develop an American accent ???? I know he done his scholarship in Arizona but do Nottingham accent's change over a couple of years ??? these questions and many others.......

Re: Golf The Masters Final effort... Outright IMMELMAN @ 2.54 Betfair. Immelman has played immaculate golf all week resulting in 3 rounds in the 60's. He's only hit 2 bogeys all week and has been extremely solid and never looked in trouble. Different today with the pressure on, but I think he can hold up. You've got to imagine anything under par with win (maybe even par) and this is a good price for him to get it. The nearest opposition is also quite inexperienced at this level and Tiger being 6 shots back is a lot. I think Immelman should be much closer to even money for this. 2 ball POULTER (DNB) @ 2.45 Pinnacle. This seems a big price on Poulter, especially with the tie not in play. Poulter has been excellent this week, apart from a couple of holes yesterday. He recovered quite solidly after that and I think he can have a good finish. Goosen has been OK so far, but he has hit a lot of bogeys (10 so far) which suggests his game isn't exactly tight. I expect similar from him today and can't see him breaking 70, giving Poulter a good chance to take this down. Final round 6-shooter (Harrington, Johnson, Romero, O'Hair, Weekley, Karlsson) JOHNSON @ 5.00 Stan James. I've already got Johnson in the top US market with a chance, but I also like him in this market. Overall he's given a good go at defending his title apart from a bit of a disaster on Friday. Now with realistic chances of winning gone, I expect him to flourish on his last day as Masters Champion. Obviously he's up against quality guys in this bet, but I see him as most likely to hit something in the 60's and I'm willing to take him at this price.

Re: Golf The Masters Too many prices stood out for me today, and I have 8 2-Ball single bets on for the final round... Good luck all, let's hope for an exciting final day

EventMasters 4th Round: Rose v Wagner
SelectionJustin Rose
Strength10/10
Date13/04/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Boylesports @ 1.67 (Back)
ReasoningBarring a basically unlucky spell during his second round, Rose could well have shot a 73/74 instead of a 78, and still be in with realistic claims of grabbing a top 10 finish. He clearly seems like to playing here at Augusta, and is a confident pick at 4/6 with Boylesports to go lower than Wagner today.
EventMasters 4th Round: Ogilvy v Woosnam
SelectionGeoff Ogilvy
Strength10/10
Date13/04/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Paddy Power @ 1.44 (Back)
ReasoningRecent PGA Tour winner Geoff Ogilvy should have way too much for the portly Welshman in this 4th round 2-ball. Despite the pair having identical scoring for each round so far, I would be more inclined to class Woosie's 71 as the exception to his current ability, and expect him to shoot another 75+ plus in this final round. Ogilvy meanwhile will be looking to go round in a respectable score to get his confidence up ahead of the next tournament, and I envisage a 71/72 from the Aussie.
EventMasters 4th Round: Goosen v Poulter
SelectionRetief Goosen [Draw No Bet]
Strength10/10
Date13/04/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.63 (Back)
ReasoningIt was only Poulter's putting for 2 and a half rounds that kept him in contention at the top of the leaderboard, and once that went awry coming home yesterday his scorecard suffered. Goosen has been solid if not spectacular this week so far, but t consistency can get the better of Pulter today unless his putter is warm again. Getting nearly 4/6 with money back if it's a draw looks a nice, safe wager to me.
EventMasters 4th Round: Karlsson v O'Hair
SelectionKarlsson [Draw No Bet]
Strength10/10
Date13/04/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.12 (Back)
ReasoningBoth this pair have been pretty solid so far this week, and if I had been laying the odds for them I would have had 1.91 each of two. Therefore I feel compelled to have a flutter on the Swede, Robert Karlsson, who is available at over 11/10 with money back if a draw. But for a final hole double bogey yesterday, Karlsson would have shot a 69, and, at the prices, I can't ignore a punt on him. The money back for a draw is just an added bonus.
EventMasters 4th Round: Harrington v Romero
SelectionAndres Romero [Draw No Bet]
Strength10/10
Date13/04/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.44 (Back)
ReasoningSimply can't ignore the value on offer with Pinnacle in this final round 2-ball. 'Pod' and Romero go into the final day both on -2, and Romero has went lower than the Irishman in both the 2nd round and the 3rd round, yet you can get nearly 6/4 for the Argie, with the cushion of money back in the event of a tie. I'd have had Harrington a 5/6 chance for this, with Romero at Evens, so I'm not going to pass up the opportunity of getting 2.44 for Romero.
EventMasters 4th Round: Johnson v Weekley
SelectionZach Johnson [Draw No Bet]
Strength10/10
Date13/04/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.74 (Back)
ReasoningCan't oppose the defending champion here. Johnson lost all hope of retaining the Green Jacket with a poor second round performance, but he showed good mental strength to put that behind him and bounce back with a 68 yesterday. Clearly knows how to play this course, and he will still be looking if not at winning the title, but definitely shooting another 68/69 to put pressure on those currently sitting in the place positions.
EventMasters 4th Round: Woods v Cink
SelectionTiger Woods
Strength10/10
Date13/04/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.43 (Back)
ReasoningStewart Cink's a model of consistency this week so far, with 40 pars in his 54 holes, but consistent won't be good enough today against Tiger, if Woods can get a scent of the title. Woods will be resplendent in his positive red, and following yesterday's stealthy move up the leaderboard will be looking to kick on and really put the pressure on those above him, all of which who have yet to taste Major success.
EventMasters 4th Round: Immelman v Snedeker
SelectionTrevor Immelman [Draw No Bet]
Strength10/10
Date13/04/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.91 (Back)
ReasoningThe same final pairing as yesterday, and, as yesterday, I am having a wager on the South African. Brandt Snedeker showed tremendous courage on his front 9 yesterday, recovering from dropping 3 shots in 3 holes to get those shots back over the final 5 holes, but Immelman has played brilliantly so far - just 2 bogeys in 54 holes at Augusta is an excellent achievement, and I can't see Snedeker making up the ground on him.

2 ball POULTER (DNB) @ 2.45 Pinnacle. This seems a big price on Poulter' date= especially with the tie not in play. Poulter has been excellent this week, apart from a couple of holes yesterday. He recovered quite solidly after that and I think he can have a good finish. Goosen has been OK so far, but he has hit a lot of bogeys (10 so far) which suggests his game isn't exactly tight. I expect similar from him today and can't see him breaking 70, giving Poulter a good chance to take this down.
Double bogey, double bogey, double bogey:sad

Not really. Immelman's looked solid all week and he's got a 2 shot lead in a 2 horse race. Even around here I still think 1.5 which he currently is on betfair is value. He's only got to play par golf.
Not disagreeing, think he should hold on but its the masters. Par golf isnt all that easy ! :ok

Re: Golf The Masters I got a few quid on Flesch earlier, kept chasing prices on Betfair from 6.8 down to 6.0 and settled for 6.0. The thinking was if Immelman drops a shot and Flesch birdies one it would be level (was -10 and -8 at that point I believe) but don't think Flesch will get any birdies at this rate. Woods put was a monster moments ago. :ok

I got a few quid on Flesch earlier, kept chasing prices on Betfair from 6.8 down to 6.0 and settled for 6.0. The thinking was if Immelman drops a shot and Flesch birdies one it would be level (was -10 and -8 at that point I believe) but don't think Flesch will get any birdies at this rate. Woods put was a monster moments ago. :ok
I also had a few quid on Flesch at 8/1 before he teed off but he was always going to crack 1st. Immelman looks strong and that tee shot of Flesch at the 12th has totally finished it off.