Leopardstown Sunday 06/04

3.15 1000 Guineas trial, concentrating on the market leaders Psalm from the O'Brien stable only had the 1 run last year when only a nk 2nd to Kitty Matcham & that horse franked the form massively by winning the Group 2 Rockfel stakes at Newmarket in October. Saorise Abu had a busy season last year & looked impressive winning the Moyclare stud stakes (grp1) at the curragh ahead of Listen. Listen turned the tables on Saorise Abu next time out in the Group 1 race at Ascot later in September. Halfway to heaven may be considered O'Briens 2nd string here but on a line through Charlotte Bronte could have the beating of Saorise Abu. Its win here last Nov beating Charlotte Bronte by a hd over 7f would put it in with a serious chance today. Dash back is stepping up to 7f (only had 1 run last year over 5f) & I will be noting how it performs today. Caribbean Sunset & Valentine Hill met 2 weeks ago with Valentine coming out the better by nearly 5L over that rival & at odds on, Caribbean sunset was disapointing that day. Overall, i would go for Psalm to beat its stablemate Halfway to Heaven. Saorise Abu looks to be poor value at around 6/4. 5pts win Psalm 2/1 Bet365 BOG 1pt ew Halfway to heaven 10/1 Betfred 1pt r/f Psalm / Halfway to heaven.

Re: Leopardstown Sunday 06/04 4.15 2000 Guineas trial On ground conditions alone, famous Name stands out for me here, with the rest of the form mainly on faster ground, Famous Name won on debut on soft/heavy ground by 7L. Its final race 2nd to Jupiter Pluvius here over 7f was a decent sound effort. Greek Mythology was last seen out in the Coventry Stakes at Ascot in June & i would like to see how it looks before a decision on its fitness today. The others dont look up to winning this one. 10pts win Famous Name Evs Bet365 BOG

Re: Leopardstown Sunday 06/04 3.15 This race has been an AP O'BRIEN benefit event for the last 8 seasons with no less than 5 winners ,along with three 2nd's and one 3rd placing. Unsurprisingly 6 FAVS [ 2 jt ] have won in the last 10 runnings and 3 other runnings have been won by the 2nd FAV. O BRIENS main stable jockey has chosen to ride PSALM over HALFWAY TO HEAVEN and i see no reason to doubt his selection. 4.15 With O'BRIEN having 3 of the 5 runners here it may pay to follow BOWLES selection in the shape of D WELD'S runner FAMOUS NAME. The stable has won this 3 times , compared with O'BRIENS 2 . FAVS have a 50% record . The main reason for opposing O'BRIEN is that his 3 entries have not been placed 1st - 3rd in their last outings as the previous last 10 winners have . 2.45 Another O'BRIEN benefit with the stable having picked up the last 4 runnings .His only other entry to run in this was 3rd. Surprisingly only one of his 4 wins were won by the market leader. The stable has 2 enties today , ADORED + SAIL , and with MURTAGH having selected to ride SAIL the hint should be taken. I wouldn't be put off by the fact that it was plced 12th in it's only race so far as the stable's SACROSANCT , who was succesful in 2006 , only managed 15th place in it's only run before this . 4.45 Beware of backing the FAV here as the last 5 have been beaten and only 3 have won in 10 runnings.

Re: Leopardstown Sunday 06/04 Psalm 3.15 Leopardstown (WIN) AP O'Brien has an amazing record in this race, having won it in 2006, 2005, 2004, 2002 and 2000. It's currently favourite on Betfair and was onyl 1/4 l second to a stablemate on its debut when it was given a tame hands and heels ride so not to punish the horse. Also see ante post betting thread on here regarding backing it for the 1000 Guineas. Saoirse Abu is a real danger with proven Group 1 form but Psalm could be very special. Has loads of high profile entries, carried 7lb more than its rival last time out as the winner had 7lb claimer on board and looks to be stables 1st string with Murtagh riding this rather than Halfway To Heaven. I expect this to make smooth headway until about 2f out and then kick on for home to be involved in a duel with Saoirse Abu at the finish.

Re: Leopardstown Sunday 06/04

4.15 2000 Guineas trial On ground conditions alone, famous Name stands out for me here, with the rest of the form mainly on faster ground, Famous Name won on debut on soft/heavy ground by 7L. Its final race 2nd to Jupiter Pluvius here over 7f was a decent sound effort. Greek Mythology was last seen out in the Coventry Stakes at Ascot in June & i would like to see how it looks before a decision on its fitness today. The others dont look up to winning this one. 10pts win Famous Name Evs Bet365 BOG
Good price Evens, didnt have to do much to win. Returned 4/6. :ok

Re: Leopardstown Sunday 06/04 SAIL - Will benefit from that as her inexperience on the racecourse showed when holding her head high when the chips were down , def one for next time imo. PSALM - Saddle slipped as WOODIE reported . FAMOUS NAME - 1ST @ 4/6 :loon Well done with the Evens BOWLES:clap FAV beaten into 2nd place in the 4.45 :loon

Re: Leopardstown Sunday 06/04 I watched the two Guineas trials on telly........thought Famous Name looked quite impressive, but then.........who knows, a four runner race this early in the season - it probably doesn't amount to much. But he still looked good........