Best Bet Of The Day - Friday 05/04/08

Oedipe 4.55 Aintree (EACH WAY) Only 6 year old but State Of Play won this race as a 6 year old in 2006. Trends suggest 8 yr olds have a good record in this race but stats in races such as this can seem biased: Tomorrows race: 6 yr olds - 1 runner 7 yr olds - 4 runners 8 yr olds - 6 runners 9yr olds - 5 runners 10yr olds - 2 runners In this race the 8 yr old stat has 6 chances of being successful compared to the one and only 6 yr old Oedipe. Weight carried to victory has varied from 10-0 to 11-10 over the last 10 years. It has only had 6 career runs and only two in this country and those runs have seen it finish 1-2-2-2-1 and 13th last time out but that was after being off the track since December 2006. Its debut in this country saw it win a class 3 race by 14l but still had more in hand and really looked worth following but got injured. Would have needed a run last time out and has any level of improvement poissible. Obvious doubts about the trip but the class 3 race was over 2m5f and may get the extra distance without trouble. Only has to carry 10-4 around here, Mick Fitzgerald on board and could be a stunning each way bet at around 16-1.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Friday 05/04/08 Aint 2.00 Albertas Run 1 pt win Impressive at chelt. ok it appeared a poor RSAC but this one still routed them and was value for more than the winning margin, that followed a win at Asc having been progressive the year before over hurdles including here. He jumps better now, he was awful when being thumped by Tidal Bay and the trainer is hinting at better form now. He has to give weight to some of these but I cant see those behind overturning RSAC myself, Big Bucks maybe better at this trip but still I think has it to find with this one, cebrus Libani would be my e.w pick of the others especially on its Modicum/Benetwood win although it has stamina doubts.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.