Speedway 2008

Re: Speedway 2008

Tip 1 Sport Speedway
EventElite League 2008
SelectionPoole Pirates to win the league
Strength6/10
DateApril 2008 - October 2008
Bookmaker/Price9/4 @ SkyBet + William Hill
ReasoningPoole have a strong outfit and have shown that in the Craven Shield (a warm up competition to the Elite League). They have a strong, experienced top 2 in Davey Watt + Bjarne Pedersen whilst their middle order is a great mixture of youth and experience. Adam Skornicki has been around for ages and is a very useful rider whilst Karol Zabik + Chris Holder are very promising. Holder has been described as a future World Champion whilst Zabik is also one of the hotest prospects around. Their reserves, Zbigniew Suchecki + Freddie Eriksson, are solid at home and can do damage at away tracks. It is going to be a tight league this year, hence the rating, but Poole look very strong and will definately be there or there abouts come the end of the season.

Re: Speedway 2008 I think 9/4 is way to skinny with a long season ahead and it has not helped that Adam Skornici broke his wrist last night and is out for 6 weeks. Poole will find it difficult over the coming months as Skornici was scoring well above his average and will be a big loss. The problem they have now is only Zabik and the reserves can take his rides, so if your going to back Poole I can only see this price drifting over the next 6 weeks, then get on them as I'm sure they will make the play offs. My tip would be Eastbourne at 7/1 as I think they are value with a strong top two in Nicholls and Richardson and with the likes of Kennet backing them up, I can only see Woodwood and Bridger improving there averages. At 7/1 I think that is a good price and I'm sure they can make the play offs. I've had my fingers burnt too often in betting on the Elite League winners as its very easy for teams to suffer big injuries. Anyway good luck :ok

Eastbourne are a good team but there are question marks over Gustaffson' date=' Brundle + Woodward.[/quote'] Eastbourne win tonight at last years chaCOVENTRY: 43 1. Rory Schlien: 1*. 0. 2. 1* 2. Oliver Allen: 2. 3. 3. 0 3. Chris Harris: 2. 2. 1*. 3. 3 4. Billy Janniro: 1*. 1*. 2. 0 5. Simon Stead: 3. 1. 1. 2. 2* 6. Andreas Messing: 1*. 0. 0 7. Stanislaw Burza: 2. 1. 0. 1. 2 EASTBOURNE: 47 1. Scott Nicholls: 3. 3. 3. 3. f 2. Lewis Bridger: 0. 0. 1*. 2* 3. Lee Richardson: 0. 3. 3. 2. 1 4. Cameron Woodward: 3. 2*. 1. 3 5. Edward Kennett: 2. 2. 3. 0 6. Simon Gustafsson: 3. 1*. 2. fx. 1 7. James Brundle: 0. 0. 0. I agree that Brundle will struggle but hey he should pick up a couple of points in home meetings. Woodward and Gustafsson certainly dont look as though they will struggle. That price I posted before will be halved in the morning if not by more.

Tip 2 Sport Speedway
EventPoole vs Wolves
SelectionPoole Pirates to beat Wolves with -11 points handicap
Strength8/10
Date2nd April 2008
Bookmaker/Price1.80 @ http://www.bet365.com/home/default.asp?
ReasoningWolves haven't got the best record at Poole and even though Skornicki is out for Poole, Pedersen, Watt, Holder + Watt should score enough points to cover his loss. The reserves should also fill their boots.

1 out of 1 so far Tip 3 Sport Speedway
EventSwindon vs Belle Vue
SelectionCharlie Gjedde to score more points than Troy Batchelor with -1 point handicap
Strength8/10
Date3nd April 2008 7:30pm
Bookmaker/Price1.72 @ http://www.bet365.com/home/default.asp
ReasoningWith a weak middle order and reserves not looking too good for Swindon i can only see Leigh Adams beating Gjedde and Gjedde coming out on top when he meets Batchelor.

1 out of 1 so far Tip 4 Sport Speedway
EventIpswich vs Wolves
SelectionWolves to beat Ipswich with +17 points handicap
Strength7/10
Date3rd April 2008 7:30pm
Bookmaker/Price2.00 @ http://www.bet365.com/home/default.asp
ReasoningWolves got hammered at Poole last night and will have got an earful from their manager after the meeting. They should be able to bounce back and make the score respectable at Ipswich.

icon1.gif Re: Speedway 2008
3 out of 3 so far Tip 5 Sport Speedway
EventBelle Vue vs Poole
SelectionCharlie Gjedde to score over 9.5 points
Strength8/10
Date7th April 2008 7:30pm
Bookmaker/Price5/6 @ SkyBet
ReasoningHe is doing very well for Belle Vue and knows the track very well. I think only Bjarne Pedersen has a chance of beating him tonight so he should acheive over 9.5 points easily

3 out of 3 so far Tip 6 Sport Speedway
EventBelle Vue vs Poole
SelectionDavey Watt to score over 7.5 points
Strength7/10
Date7th April 2008 7:30pm
Bookmaker/Price5/6 @ SkyBet
ReasoningWatt had a great season last year with Eastbourne and looks set to have another good one this year. He should get at least 8 points but i reckon he will get around 10 so this bet looks a good one.

Re: Speedway 2008 No worries and thanks. The betting has now gone to Davey Watt Over 8.5 and under 8.5 so i see no value in this because i think he could just as easily score 8 as he would score 11. Well done if you got the bet on early though, when it was over/under 7.5 :)

Re: Speedway 2008 Tip 1 - Season long bet that will be decided in October Tip 2 - Won Tip 3 - Won Tip 4 - Won Tip 5 - Won Tip 6 - Lost Well Gjedde scored 14 :) and Watt scored 6 :( Meaning tip 5 won and tip 6 lost. 4 out of 5 so far!