Punters Have Never Had It So Good

(Sorry if in wrong area, athlough it is Cheltenham related) Punters Have Never Had It So Good. That line is bantered around quite a bit, but it's true, and if I personally needed any more evidence I got it today. Every big loser I backed today traded short in running and I was able to 'get out'. Don't get me wrong, this happens everyday to all us exchangers, but for me today I've never been able to lay off so many 'larger' bets with ease. I'm no arber, I talking about laying off at very short odds to save. Four in question were Sizing Europe (1.5), Patsy Hall (2.3), Fundamentalist (6) and Ashkazar (1.6). If today was 8 years ago or so, it would've been a very different story finacially - basically, there would've been elastic bands around my shoes. Makes you think don't it? How did we survive before? And don't even get me started on how we survived without texting, mobiles, internet, sky plus+, forums, ipods, Matt Chapman, diet coke... I don't think it's a coincidence that it's Cheltenham, the course's style makes it seem that horses are travelling better/worse than they are. Is it easier to play in running at Cheltenham? Maybe. Or maybe it's just easier to lay in running at Cheltenham; given that every race contains so many likely winners in running. Thoughts?