Speedway---The play-offs -- Sky tonight, and 11th of Oct.

Hi, I have not posted for a while, my last two attempts went badly wrong when Wolverhampton let me down twice! I have had a great run this season, but, it seems when I put them on here sods law takes over, I will try again next season though. Wolverhampton v Poole Play- off's first leg 5/6 Skybet (outright winner) live on Sky tonight, second leg next monday. Wolves really messed me up earlier, but now I think I can get my revenge. They could well get a win tonight, but, overall, Poole have to be considered as the most likely winners. Wolves had some bad luck when Simon Stead was injured recently, if he had been riding tonight, Wolves would have have stood a better chance, and now they have to hope that their off-form reserve Chris Neath can revert to his early season form. Poole on the other hand have had an enormous stroke of luck, their top rider Ryan Sullivan was hurt in the GP at the weekend, guest riders can only be used for a teams top man in the averages, and Sullivan, after a very poor season, has, somehow, managed to get top spot for the first time this season--by a couple of decimal points--! Poole fans will be more than happy with this, because such are the rules of speedway this year, they can bring in Leigh Adams, who happens to be number one in the overall averages! Sullivan is around 15th! This improves Poole's chances dramatically, they can even afford to lose by a few tonight, safe in the knowledge that they are capable of pulling it back on their own track next week. Also, for the home leg, Poole it seems have booked the flying American, and ex world champion and current number three in the world, Greg Hancock! It all seems to be going the way of the defending champions Poole, and, as long as they can avoid a hammering tonight, there is little doubt in my mind that they will prevail. And the 5/6 offered by skybet seems VERY good value indeed, I just hope sods law does not interfere this time! best of luck if you back them!

Guest thetwotwins

Re: Speedway---The play-offs -- Sky tonight, and 11th of Oct Very good well reasoned tip Britpete, which unfortunately I bottled (but I did enjoy watching the match on Sky) - Please keep posting on this sport, as you seem to know your stuff (more than I can claim!) :)

Re: Speedway---The play-offs -- Sky tonight, and 11th of Oct Thanks, Poole are firmly in the driving seat now, and I can see no way back for the Wolves, they have nothing to lose though, so I expect a decent match next week, maybe the bookies will over-react to this result, and be too generous with the handicap! We will see.

Re: Wolve's chances? Ryan Sullivan made a surprise comeback in the KO cup last week, and showed his best form of the season, he dropped just one point home and away against Swindon to help Poole through to the KO cup final against Ipswich. Tonight is the big night for Poole! back to back championships are rare in speedway, I'm sure that Ian can tell me the last time it happened, I ain't got a clue! Skybet are giving Poole - 9 on the handicap, if it was a normal league match, I would be tempted with that, BUT, it is not! Poole start the match with an 8 point lead, so, almost certainly at some point tonight, they will mathematically become league champions, and the celebrations will begin before the meeting is over, (in theory). The question then is, what sort of effort will they put in when the league is already won? and, how many races will be left anway? All this is going to make me keep well clear of the handicap betting, I am fairly sure that Poole will win, and I would not even consider backing Wolves @5.5 , but, by how many is very hard to work out. I will be sticking to my original bet, Poole to win outright @5/6, I was lucky to get that price, because Skybet soon realized their mistake, and it became 1.61, and that seems a VERY good price now! I hope at least some of you are on it!

Re: poole Even Poole's most ardent fans would have been surprised at the ease in which their team have won the play-offs, Wolves kept it close for the first three races tonight, but, in heat four Wolves reserve Freddie Lindgren, was yards from victory when his chain snapped, and a 3-3 became a 5-1 for Poole, it was all downhill for Wolves after that. Tonight's result was: Poole 63 Wolves 30, my theory that Poole would go into crusie mode after the league title was won, was blown out of the water, and Poole dominated from start to finish, making Poole -9 looking like the bet of the year! But, that's with hindsight! I do not expect any future play-off's to be be so one-sided, Poole were awesome, overall score: Poole 112 Wolves 71!