Euro Hockey Leagues 09/03

TPS - HIFK (second leg) I didn't bet on the first match cuz of the low odds on home team HIFK and surely good that I didn't as HIFK won in overtime which would've made regulartime hw useless. TPS was about to make a big,big surprise in last game but they managed to screw a 1-4 lead in the last ten minutes. The fact is that TPS's goalie Salak is a clown really and it's no surprise that HIFK pulled that off, if you have seen that guy play you know what I'm talking about. It's a miracle that he is playing in this level as he is ridicilous, can't get the fact how he has as high save % as he does. Always giving up reabounds from pretty much every shot and dancing around, as mentioned earlier, a clown. Only reason that TPS was able to take a lead like they had in the first game was HIFK's decision to put an injured goalie Lundell between the pipes and it showed; 15 shots on goal for TPS and four goals. And as I heard pretty much all of them were on Lundell. HIFK chanced the goalie after the fourth goal and Nieminen kept his calm well closing the doors. In today's game I don't expect HIFK to give TPS any slack, why risk it to the final game. HIFK is a classier team and now with a goalie that can actually stop the puck they should do well. Other than that HIFK has been excellent on road, winning four games in regulation out of last five road games played. On the other hand TPS has been in trouble at home losing four out of last five home games although the opponents weren't even that classy, only win against piss poor Kalpa. *Experts* are talking about how TPS will take advantage of their bigger home rink and outplay HIFK from the start, I just can't find any indicator to show me that it's going to happen. Also it much be pretty tough to rebound from last games awful 5-4 OT loss. And with the juicy odds being thrown around cuz TPS scoed four goals in the last game I'm more than happy to slice a piece with high stakes. HIFK @2.15 :hope E1: 0-0 after first period. HIFK clearly the better team but not taking advantage of scoring chances. Funny game to watch actually, finnish playoff hockey at it's worst: both teams play very defensive, especially TPS. It's the thinking that makes most of the finnish hockey matches so god damn boring: the winning team is the one who conceeds less, not the one who scores the most. Also there is lack of viewers and I make more noice going to the bathroom then these *fans* cheering for their teams. Left a very bad taste to my mouth, the teams looked more like they coulnd't give a shit about the outcome and were pretty much walking and throwing the puck away as quickly as possible, a playoff game... right. Hopefully HIFK scores quickly into the 2nd period and forces TPS to play more openly, really can't see TPS scoring the first tally, the home sides performance was so pathetic. E2: 0-1 after second period. HIFK more and more in control. They made their goal after TPS barely touched the puck in their (TPS's) 5vs3 almost half minute PP. TPS pretty much standing in the rink now, totally pathetic. Also same could be said about HIFK, they are also walking around the rink with the puck and wasting excellent scoring chance after another. I wonder whats wrong with HIFK's coach as he doesn't seem to react at all, if they would step it up a little they would crush TPS. Don't no why to try and spend the time away with a one goal lead as even TPS only needs one shot to tie the game. What a bore of a game to watch, although my prediction has been right at the bullseye so far... TPS ties the game with an odd man late in the 3rd and I'm going to explode... should really be 0-3 or more easily.

Re: Euro Hockey Leagues 09/03 0-1 FT The most boring game I've ever seen, HIFK continued dominating the game totally in the 3rd period and also wasting those fantastic scoring chances. I don't know how many empty netters they missed during the game, lost count. Still, easy win for HIFK and TPS didn't stand a chance :cheers