NFL Wk. 6

Guest TazaD

Man, this season is going by so fast!!....Better hurry up and get my act into gear!! Minni -3 (1.82 @ Pinnacle)...2 units. Only one way this spread is going to go is up! New Orleans are just about the worst team in the NFL. Their defense is absolutely horrible, and their offense has been ordinary aswell. Injuries to Horn and McAllister have made it tough for them, and constantly giving away penalties each week is killing them. Minni should score about 40 and these guys and win comfortably. Nice little trend to help us along!.... ..Since '98 the NFL is 14-5-4 (Av. win 9.1) away 3+fav off any ats win as away 7- fav. [Min] Culpepper 5 TD's today....Might top that next week.

Re: Miami Under Looking forward to seeing the Miami/Buffalo line. It's OTB right now because Miami top TWO QB's are doubtful! Add that to their defense, Buff's stinking offense, and the total could be in the 20's!! 8o 8o (And will still go under ;) ) Actually hoping Miami are reasonable size 'dogs....Pretty sure they'll go alright this w'end! :thinker

Re: Miami Under Canbet currently going 2.00 with Minni giving up 3.5 points, were only going 1.93 yesterday for the same spread. There doesn't appear to be any adverse injury news thats any different from weekend, is there any reason why the odds are drifting out a bit? Still appears to be worth a few quid, NO very hit and miss. Willing to risk Minni giving up more than 1 FG on this. Intrigued by the Teasers, and have taken 6pts giving: Minni +3, New England +2 Denver +4.5 Jets - 4 Philli -2 Pays 4.50 if all come in. Good luck whatever you do this weekend!j

Guest Carlisle Blue

Miami The line for the Miami game looks like it is going to be 31. With Buffalo giving up 6.5. I agree Taz that Miami could win this one. They had two visits to the Pats Red Zone last week and left with nothing after deciding to go for it on the 4th Down once and the other Matt Turk had an absolute brainwave and tried to be the hero and run it himself and got stopped short. Miami threw the kitchen sink at New England and expect the same attitude against Buffalo. Miami D will have a much easier time against Buffalo than the Pats with their 4/5 receivers. This does look promising IMO.

Re: Miami I'm gonna be all over Miami +6.5. They should have been much closer to New England last week, giving silly penalties away at crucial times and not quite converting important downs. On another day I actually think they could have won that one. Miami have been getting better with every week from what I have seen, and this is just the opportunity they need to stop another perfect season happening :lol . I live with a Miami fan, and never stop hearing about the "perfect" season of 1972, would be brilliant for them to go "perfect" the other way round. :rollin Any news on the Fiedler situation?

Re: Miami At this stage Fieldler and Feely both sitting and Rosenthals (sp?) will be in. Makes no difference at all imo. He took plenty of snaps in pre-season and looked ok. Played IN a few games already, but will be his first actual start. Miami won there last year with a massive total of 47 yards passing!! :lol :lol Might load up on this game....Miami +6, under 32 and Buff team total under 19 :ok

Re: Miami Final Plays are: Minni -3 (1.83....2 units) San Fran @ Jets OVER 42.5 SF allowing 27.4 ppg....34 and 30 on the road. Rattay threw for over 400 yards last week, and looked very good in the no huddle/hurry up. San Fran offense is SO much better with him at QB. Jets will definately score. SF know they will have to pass to win...should be a shoot out. Tenn/Houston OVER 45 Both meetings last year topped 50. Houston airing it out beautifully...Av. 8.65 yards per pass!!....Only Min are better. If we take out Miami and Jax who can't score, Tenn have allowed 31, 38 and 27. Houston allowed Detroit to score 28 (and they have the 2nd worst offense in the league!)...They also topped 20 in 4 of 5 games @ 23.6 ppg. Washington @ Chicago UNDER 34 Wash best in league run D, allowing only 2.8 ypc...That will kinda ruin the Bears day! Nothing deep for Chic, lots of runs and short passing. Wash scored only 16, 14, 18, 13, 10. Bears decent defensively. Pretty hard to see much scoring here. A lso a nice little 16-1 UNDER trend if Chicago go in as fav's (Which they look like they will.) League: 1-16 under (av. 33.2) home 3- fav off a BYE. Chicago also 5-16 under as home 3- fav since '92. Miami @ Buffalo UNDER 30.5 Reasons outlined already, but some extra trends: Miami last 3 years: 1-6 under off 2 straight losses. 7-21 under in conf. 3-10 under in div. 2-10 under as 'dog. Buff last 3 years: 2-8 under off 2 straight losses. 8-20 under in conf. 3-12 under as fav. 3-11 under in div 1-9 under v. team with a losing record!! Don't be scared of by the low mumber. This one will struggle to top 20. Miami WIN @ 3.31 (1/2 unit) San Diego WIN @ 3.00 (1/2 unit) SD run defense very good (3.5 ypr), will force Vick to pass the ball, which we know Atlanta have problems doing! SD well balanced offense...Atl might be able to shut down the running game, but Brees 8 TD's, 2 Int's. rating 100.0!!! Starting to think any team that can contain the Falcons running game is a good side to be on. (Atl run 32 times a game, pass only 22.) Detroit beat Atlanta last week and SD are better on both sides of the ball. Great value for the win. Good Luck gang.

Hmm.. Had a look around myself. Gone for the following: Vikings +3.5 over The Saints. The Vikings are going to score a lot. They always do, Culpepper is incredibly gifted. Except he drops the ball, which may let the Saints in, and the Vikes don't have the D to really push an edge on the opposition. San Diego to win (following Taza D again, love the analysis there). And my own choice: New England +4 over The Seahawks (gamebookers 1.91) New England are still looking unstoppable. The Hawks are good, but the Pats have home field, a record to extend and a team that must be rocked by a 27 point turn around last week. I'm looking also at the Lions +2.5 over the Packers. I'm trying to find a injury report before making a decision as wether that's a good bet to go on the Packers, or if the Lions will have any Offense going on Sunday to keep it close or win. I think there's something there, just not sure what. In other news one of my accumalators came up this week (see previous posts). 5-way one pound bet won 8.43 when Baltimore, NY jets, NY Giants, New England and Indianapolis all won (as predicted by all four of the people in the predictions league). Makes the account up 13 pence :loon . Which is nice. As it means it keeps paying for it self for another 4 weeks... Mebbe we'll have a beer on Fred Done during the Superbowl...