UK Snooker Championship (Qualifiers)

One bet for tommorrow. Jamie Burnett v Leo Fernandez 5pts win @ 1.83 Stan James These matches are only qualifiers and are played at Pontins in Prestatyn. Burnett has really begun to believe in himself more in the past couple of years, and a break through for him is just around the corner I feel. He lost 5-4 to Hendry in the last tourny, when we were on him at 6/1. :( However, that was a good performance and showed he is in good form. Leo also won one TV match in the last tourny, before losing to Mark Selby. Leo is a falir player, a potting machine that is difficult to stop if you allow him to flow. Burnett has a much better all round game than Leo, and at this duistance of match, I would make him a 1.60 shot to beat Leo.

Re: UK Snooker Championship (Qualifiers) Burnett wins 9-8, that certainly doesn't tell the story of this match though. I'm pretty sure Burnett had 3 tons in this match, and at least 2 70's, maybe more. That is very very heavy scoring, had he lost this match after being 8-6 up, it could well have been a major blow to his confidence, but he didn't. He now faces Barry Hawkins, a player I rate extremely highly. On the form he showed in this match, Hawkins has his hands full, just can't help feeling that if it went close, Hawkins would be a big favourite in my eyes, but Burnett could easily take off the way he scored in this match. We'll see what prices go up. :)

Re: UK Snooker Championship (Qualifiers) Jamie Burnett actually hit a 148 break. :D Anybody that doesn't know how this is possible, it is when your opponent fouls at the start and gives you a free ball, hence the max break then is 155, which is the unofficial maximum break. ;) I think Drago holds the record for a 149, but that was in practice. Allegedly Alex Higgins hit a 155 in Leicester many years ago, but this never appeared in the record books, not sure why, maybe because of the help from his friend "charlie". ;)

Re: UK Snooker Championship (Qualifiers) One more bet for tommorrow. Start 11am Ding Junhui v Bjorn Haneever 20pts Maximum win 1.29 @ Stan James I can't pronounce his surname, so have nicknamed him Ding Dong. :) This kid is frighteningly good. 3 tons against Stefan Mazrocis in the previous round in a 9-3 demolition job, and this will be just as easy if not easier. This kid is gonna be a world champion, of that I have no doubt whatsoever, it may not be for a few years yet, but his attitude and talent is such, that it's surely only a matter of time. Haneever is a journeyman, who is surely close to retiring, because he simply isn't good enough. This is as strong a bet as I have ever given out, Ding Dong will tear him apart. ;)

Re: UK Snooker Championship (Qualifiers) Ok, 2 more bets for Tuesday's matches. :) 5pts Win Simon Bedford v James Wattana @ 2.88 Stan James Not sure what the SJ odds compiler looked at to price this match up, but he has it wrong in a big way. Bedford is fast becoming a very good player indeed. A steady, good all round game type, who knocks in the breaks when given his chance. Bedford has won his last two matches in this qualifying tourny, 9-1 and 9-3, which speaks volumes for me. Wattana is playing well, I won't disagree with that, and we backed him in the last tourny, where he won us a bit of cash, but absolutely no way is he 1.36 to this match. I would price Bedford around 2.20 for this match, and would still consider backing him at that price. 5pt Double @ 2.08 Stan James Ricky Walden v Brian Morgan Ryan Day v Dave McDonnell Walden is going places, whereas Morgan has long since lost that tag. Morgan was World Junior Champion many years ago and tipped to be the next Davis, he never coped with that pressure, and his game is nowhere near as good as it used to be. Walden is very raw, hence he's not on my "big outright bets" list yet, but he soon will be, I just want to see a bit more of him first. He should get past Morgan, although probably no cakewalk, maybe 9-6 9-7. I've never rated McDonnell, bit like I've never rated Anthony Davies. Ryan Day is the better player without question. Day is a player who will get somewhere in the game, McDonnell simply will not. Day should win this, probably around 9-5.