eSport League Structure - Any Questions?

GaF

Ok - we've had the discussion here about whether we should participate or not - "PuntersLounge All In Poker Team" joins eSport League - 8pm Tonight! - so please no questions along those lines here - if you want to post, the sticky above is your thread :ok It's quite a complicated concept, but looks fun and interesting - I thought we could do with a thread just to discuss the structure/formation of the league - it's worth getting your head around ..... so does it make sense to everyone or do you have questions?

Re: eSport League Here's a brief summary.... They launched in September last year in Germany and are now expanding to the UK and Spain. The UK will have its own league - 20 x "Professional" Teams (Premier League) and a qualification league (Open League - no limit on numbers). There will be $20k in prizes for the Professional league (so with 20 teams, each team has an initial value of about $1k - but dont get relegated and this increases significantly) Tonights freerolls are for squad places in professional teams - the top 10 in each freeroll qualify for their professional team. This is being given away as a one off to get a starting point for the UK league. If you dont qualify you may choose to enter your own teams in the Qualification League (Open League - 4 matchday seasons). The lower leagues can be entered by teams at a cost of $50 per season and then compete for promotion to the "Professional" League - that's $50 total per team per season - so with a full squad of 20 players, it works out at $2.50 per player per season. In the professional league there will be 19 matchdays. All games are “Freerolls” – without any costs for the teams or players. The matchdays are Wednesdays and Sundays at 7pm gmt. Every team fields 5 players per matchday. 100 players (20 teams x 5 players) sit at 10 STT tables – no team has 2 players at one table. The league table at the end of the season, the bottom 5 teams get relegated out of the professional league into the Qualification League. In the Qualification League there will be 7 Open Leagues – all running for 2 weeks. Every Open League has got 4 matchdays. These matchdays are also Wednesdays and Sundays at 8 gmt+1. Every team fields 5 players per matchday as well. The best 10 teams of every Open League will play in a playoff tournament at the end of the season (70 teams). The best 20 teams get promoted into the Professional League (2nd League) for the next season There will be 20k in prizes for the Professional league plus over 70k in prizes for the champions league. The 15 best teams of the Premier league and the 5 best teams of the Qualification League (Open League) will play in the Champions League. The champions league will be played out in June. There will be 20 teams from UK, 40 teams from Germany, 20 from Spain and 20 from France playing in the CL. In the second season, 5 teams have been relegated, and 25 teams will be promoted, so there will then be 40 teams in the top division.

Re: eSport League main question will be for later - if I am one of the ten that qualify for the PL team today - how to decide which 5 play each match mind you, with two matches each week hopefully everyone will get to play one of them if available ? :ok

Re: eSport League

Alexander - How will the team captain be decided? The overall winner of the freeroll?
:ok Trevor says: Alexander - How are team captains decided? Is it the freeroll winner? Alexander says: Yes. We ask the winner first, if he´ld like to be captain. If he does not want to, than we´ll ask the next and so on

Re: eSport League Structure - Any Questions? Sounds complicated, but sounds good value too. if it comes off. I was 3rd in 2 of the qualifiers how does it get decided which team I am in and how does captain communicate with me about whether I play. So the points depend on how well the 5 team members playing do in a STT each match night? Whe does the season start.

Re: "PuntersLounge All In Poker Team" joins eSport League - 8pm Tonight! A little bit confused here... How many leagues are there 1.Premier League 2.Heads up League http://uk.esport-poker.com/s/headsup-liga 3.Champions League http://uk.esport-poker.com/s/team-liga/champions-league Are these different leagues or just one.... If these are different leagues are PL going to join the other leagues

Re: "PuntersLounge All In Poker Team" joins eSport League - 8pm Tonight! Premier League has 20 teams I dont know anything about the heads up league - I dont think it's related to what we are doing... The Champions league will have 100 teams - 20 from UK, Spain, France and 40 from Germany The PL Team will join the Premier League - which is the "UK Pro League". The top 15 finishers from this league qualify for the Champions League. The bottom 5 from the Premier League are relegated to the qualification Leagues

Re: "PuntersLounge All In Poker Team" joins eSport League - 8pm Tonight! In addition you have the "Open Leagues" which are the level below the Premier League - this is open to all (you have to pay the fee to play here) and fight for promotion to the Premier League.

Re: eSport League Structure - Any Questions? Whats the payout structure for the freerolls - is it based on overall league position, or on the nightly tournaments. And is the cash won by the individual or won by the team (and then presumably distributed equally between the team ?)

Re: eSport League Structure - Any Questions?

Whats the payout structure for the freerolls
Have just seen this on the web site - No teams will leave the league empty handed – prizes will be awarded even in the relegation positions.

Re: eSport League Structure - Any Questions? We can only officially have one team. However we should be able to consolidate the other players together into one team - but they will not be able to play under the PL name. SO hopefully we will have at least 3 teams in the launch :)

Whats the actual value of securing our place in the premier league then?
The first season in the Premier League will award $20,000 prize money, shared between the top 20 teams - so that's a value of $1,000 per team for the first domestic season. The bottom 5 get relegated and will get nothing further unless they can get promoted again. The top 15 will be amongst the 20 UK Representatives in the Champions League. In total, the prize pool is approx $80,000 (the $150,000 listed on the web site is an error) which will be divided amongst the 100 teams - so that's a Value of $800 per team. The teams that weren't relegated go into season 2 of the Premier League. The league for season 2 is increased to 40 teams, assuming the same payout structure ($20k / 40 teams) then it's worth $500 per team.... Ultimately the prize is infinite, if you keep playing and never get relegated....

The first season in the Premier League will award $20,000 prize money, shared between the top 20 teams - so that's a value of $1,000 per team for the first domestic season. The bottom 5 get relegated and will get nothing further unless they can get promoted again. The top 15 will be amongst the 20 UK Representatives in the Champions League. In total, the prize pool is approx $80,000 (the $150,000 listed on the web site is an error) which will be divided amongst the 100 teams - so that's a Value of $800 per team. The teams that weren't relegated go into season 2 of the Premier League. The league for season 2 is increased to 40 teams, assuming the same payout structure ($20k / 40 teams) then it's worth $500 per team.... Ultimately the prize is infinite, if you keep playing and never get relegated....
Excellent stuff mate, i dunno how you keep up with all thats going on! Admit it, your a bot aint ya;)

Re: eSport League Structure - Any Questions? :loon... wow... looks like pretty decent prizes then... we better shape up :ok Should we organise some sort of list of standby's on matchdays?? I know for a fact that I am not able to play all of the games... will be in Lanzarote... Maybe I am not the only one... and would the standby then have to play on the original players account??

Re: eSport League Structure - Any Questions? WTF whos ii c charge isl germany ? this needs sorted out ? hes manager does he in vite 5 players? cmon pl lets get it right 24 hours b4 it k off !!!!!! i aint twining but good 2 noi where we stand :ok:ok:ok