Naas - 24/2/08

3.45 Woodbine Willie 15 pts Good bumper form, second behind Mick the Man (unbelievably it won a race) in grade 1. Won on both hurdles starts although second win was a DH with the talented Aranleigh but even that day, I was on the JP Mcmanus horse but really, WW was unlucky as but for last flight error, should have won. Then third in a grade 2 behind two promising a probably Chelt. bound sorts in Venalmar and Trafford Lad. Can go in various types of ground, trainer had a winner yesterday and chances today. 4.15 Schindlers Hunt 15 pts Good novice chaser last season, won Irish Arkle and would have been of some interest in Arkle proper except for astonishing admin error in not entering it. Showed it goes in softer ground and can go on quicker as Grade 1 second at Fairyhouse showed. This season a slight let down but clsoing third behind Mansony was encouraging before being a bit outclassed at Asc. Trainer in good form and should go well, the biggest concern could be is that it has hinted it may want more than 2m.

Re: Naas - 24/2/08 Gonna have a crack at the horses at home tomorrow instead of my usual all weather exertions.... 2.40....Take Your Mark....E/W Beat a few good horses home L.T.O with splurge in second who has been a real yardsick this year. But its the fact that Maralan was also in this race that makes me lean towards him. Maralan was beaten about 12 lengths but reappeared last weekend to amazingly (and fortunately) win a Grade 2 last weekend. The claimer is taking off a precious 7 lbs and he's not a bad little jockey. The horse has course form and has won at this distance. If the 16 go to post and were getting paid on 4 places I think this is a great E/W bet at the forecast 10/1. 3.10...Casey Jones....E/W Jy'Vole will probably be hard to beat but there are some reservations about her jumping, dosnt seem to suit going left handed and best form is on heavy which it shouldn't be unless we get a typhoon in the next couple of hours. I honestly don't think Noel Meade is entering my selection for the sake of getting a run in....its a grade 2 chase and surely could have been entered elsewhere to get a mark. The stable is in flying form at the moment and Carberry is riding winners left , right and centre. My selection has only ever been out of the place once in his career and if he takes to fences, and the 8 go to post, this is a definite E/W bet for me at the R.P.F price of 12/1. 3.45... Ballytrim :\ Impossible to confidently call this one so im goin back to old fashion stats to trim the field. Out of the last 10 winners: 9/10 carried 11st 4 or more (eliminates peplum & sky hall) 9/10 ran at least 4 weeks prior to this race. ( eliminates woodbine willy, sigma digital, and coolcashin) That leave s me with 3 Ballytrim, Jack the bus and Ravens Run. Jack the bus is eliminated because of the Trainer/Jockey Partnership and the fact he didnt seem to see out this trip L.T.O. while I think Ravens run prefers Heavy going. Ruby seemed to get a good tune outta Ballytrim even when he was chasing and has a little form on the going. So for me this one is going to Ruby and Ballytrim.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.