Rugby Union Super 14 Week 2

Friday 22 February 2008Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Hurricanes v Queensland Reds (06:35GMT) 1.4025.003.50104% Details »
Hide « Hurricanes v Queensland Reds
Cheetahs v Force (16:00GMT) 2.1426.002.1098% Details »
Hide « Cheetahs v Force
Bulls v Crusaders (18:05GMT) 2.7430.001.66100% Details »
Hide « Bulls v Crusaders
Saturday 23 February 2008Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Chiefs v NSW Waratahs (06:35GMT) 1.6724.002.50104% Details »
Hide « Chiefs v NSW Waratahs
Brumbies v Highlanders (08:40GMT) 1.5028.003.5099% Details »
Hide « Brumbies v Highlanders
Sharks v Stormers (15:00GMT) 1.3526.004.00103% Details »
Hide « Sharks v Stormers
Lions v Blues (17:05GMT) 5.3034.001.22104% Details »

Re: Rugby Union Super 14 Week 2 1.22 for the Blues to win away from home in South Africa ?? Sure the lions aren't great, but this early in the season without any form behind them. Utter maddess, no other word for it. I see it as no different to the bulls vs crusaders, even the 1.66 on the Crusaders look tight. But more on the Saturday games later. 'Caines should take care of the Reds, once again I'm picking the Force, Need to think some more about the Cruasaders. Most likley look at a handicap play

Re: Rugby Union Super 14 Week 2 Hurricanes under 42.5 Hurricanes were pretty ridinary except for a brief spell in the first half and now look to atone for that loss with a win here against the Reds who played reasonably well but also were fortunate with some decisons going their way. They have a terrible record in New Zealand. Both teams played pretty well defensively last week and have each got a good set of forwards. I expect that where most of the game will be played as each side will have a more cautious approach, as shown last week where the ball was mainly kept in the forwards

Re: Rugby Union Super 14 Week 2 Canes/Reds

If pushed would expect the Canes to win and cover margin but I haven't seen enough of these teams and their opponents last week to judge relevant strengths. Personally leaving backing for or against these teams for at least another week.

Bulls/Crusaders

Bulls were a bit patchy last week although back home and defending champions (albiet with some significant personal changes). Crusaders the most impressive side last week IMO traditionally travel well although from memory have a mixed record against the Bulls. Going against most pundits here but I believe even though the Crusaders are deserved favourites they are still overpriced so will be going with the "value" on the home side.

Cheetahs/Force

Another couple of sides I've yet to see enough of to back with any confidence. Force are slight favourites which is probably priced right.

Chiefs/Waratahs

An interesting match-up with two teams who have realistic ambitions of pushing for a top 4 spot. Chiefs given a lesson last week by the Blues but I get the feeling most teams would have struggled against them. The Tahs dispatched the Canes but loath to read too much into that as the Canes played ordinary and could have still made it interesting if they had of capitalised better on a couple of chances. With all that in mind I like the Chiefs at home but am going to take the H/T margin as they did run out of steam against the Blues so will be interesting to see if "fitness" is any issue.

Brumbies/Highlanders

Would expect the Brumbies to take this at home, if tehy don't they are in for a difficult year. Highlanders performed better last week than I expected and may win more games than looked likely when comparing squads pre-season. Another game to leave from teh betting front IMO.

Lions/Blues

Would expect the Blues to continue the impressive start from last week although hard to find a betting proposition in this match. Margin at 11.5 is high and even the H/T margin at 5.5 doesn't attract me as teh Lions should keep it close at home for a reasonable period.

Sharks/Stormers

Although the Stormers kept the Bulls close last week I would expect the Sharks to prevail relatively comfortably at home. The Sharks look strong and these are the games they need to win to make the top 4. HTH at 1.33 too short to attract me so am going teh HT/FT double at 1.65

5pts Bulls HT/FT @ 4.00 (NZTab)

5pts Chiefs -1.5 H/T @ 1.90 (Centrebet)

5pts Sharks HT/FT @ 1.65 (NZTab)

GLA

Cheers

CK

Super14 (Settled):

Staked 10 Returned 16.85 Yield 68%

Re: Rugby Union Super 14 Week 2 Two from three last night, inc the force at 2.10 so it's a small 5pt profit based on my 10 pts even stakes 10 games in, total staked 100pts, total return 108.1pts. Will write up some thoughts for tonights games later, I'm in the BOP for the next couple of days so will not get the chance to actually watch any of this rounds games. Just noticed this is my 8,000th post on the PL.