** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Southwell - Sunday 17th Feb

bigs

Southwell 15:00 - Cape of storms WIN (NAP) For starts it's a somewhat poor race, and Cape of Storms in the last 3 outs, came 2nd beaten by SH, half lenght and again SH! Last 2 outs lost to horses that have shown form since, Silver Hotspur and Fulford! It's a maiden and I think Cape of storms has a really good chance to get off the mark! Amongst the weak opposition we have an american pedrigree that could go on the going, not another cat but on evidence of it's latest form, I think I can rule him out! The rest of the opposition is fairly weak really, so I really expect Cape of Storms to take all the beating here, and also has a decent jockey that knows how to ride the best horse, so I expect a run for my money.:hope]

Re: Southwell - Sunday 17th Feb Southwell 15:30 Came Back WIN For starters, has won easily LTO, beating cleveland who is down 1lb for this race and owed who is 7lb down, but lost by 12land Came back is down 4lbs for this one, so should be in front of these two again! Earl Compton was a bit slowly into stride LTO in a 6f, but won 2 outs ago on 5f trip. Is a good horse but I still have some doubts that will stay on! Grimes Faith is for me the most dangerous, but it showed no extra on final furlong LTO in a 5f trip! Maybe the 20 days rest it had helped him, but the ease Came Back showed when winning LTO makes me go for it! :) I can't make much of a case of the rest, except that Hayley Turner will be on Cleveland and Catlin on Linda Green and that always means caution! :)

Re: Southwell - Sunday 17th Feb Nice write ups Bigs:ok In the first Jilly Why should run well put might just still be a bit high in the weights so i will go for ex Channon trained STIR CRAZY having 1st run on the allweather and gets in here on a fair mark and at 28/1 looks the value bet and is worth a small e/w bet imo.My only bet today and indeed till next Sat. Best of luck:ok

Re: Southwell - Sunday 17th Feb Not a tip by any stretch of the imagination, but I've had 0.5 points E/W on Bungie @ 66's in the first at Southwell. Its off a featherweight and is drawn well. Although its latest form isn't encouraging, this is the AW and with it riding slower than normal, I think many of the shorter jollies may struggle to run the race to suit. I do like to try to find a bit of value, so this 66/1 shot is what I'm going to have a small dabble with to make the first race interesting..

Re: Southwell - Sunday 17th Feb Southwell 2:00 Savile´s Delight Undefeated on his three runs at this course this year - all at the 5f trip. His average winning margin is 2.50 - all three was won by 2.50 lengths. First two was from the same Class Handicap today - 6. The latest (also LTO) was in a Class 5. Penalty and all he has done too well here to be avoided. 2-1 is currently the best price available

Re: Southwell - Sunday 17th Feb Southwell this month. 2:00 5f Handicap for age 4+ 4 races: 2 won by favorite SP's of winners are 3-1, 15-8, 2-1, 11-4 - 15-8 and 2-1 are the favorites. Savile´s Delight looks good for this one. 3:30 Claiming Stakes for age 4+ 5 Races: 1 favorite won (13-8) Other winners had SP's of 3-1, 4-1, 85-40, 3-1. Forecast and/or Tricast with the top three market leaders? Grimes Faith and Celeveland in any order for my 1&2 if I had to bet. 4:30 1m Handicap for age 4+ excluding 'Fillies Only' race. 2 Races: Winners at SP's of 12-1 (Class6) and 9-1 (Class4) both drawn 4. I'm going with the two trained by John Harris. Komreyev Star has the 4 draw.

Re: Southwell - Sunday 17th Feb

Southwell 15:30 Came Back WIN For starters, has won easily LTO, beating cleveland who is down 1lb for this race and owed who is 7lb down, but lost by 12land Came back is down 4lbs for this one, so should be in front of these two again! Earl Compton was a bit slowly into stride LTO in a 6f, but won 2 outs ago on 5f trip. Is a good horse but I still have some doubts that will stay on! Grimes Faith is for me the most dangerous, but it showed no extra on final furlong LTO in a 5f trip! Maybe the 20 days rest it had helped him, but the ease Came Back showed when winning LTO makes me go for it! :) I can't make much of a case of the rest, except that Hayley Turner will be on Cleveland and Catlin on Linda Green and that always means caution! :)
Southwell 15:00 - Cape of storms WIN (NAP) For starts it's a somewhat poor race, and Cape of Storms in the last 3 outs, came 2nd beaten by SH, half lenght and again SH! Last 2 outs lost to horses that have shown form since, Silver Hotspur and Fulford! It's a maiden and I think Cape of storms has a really good chance to get off the mark! Amongst the weak opposition we have an american pedrigree that could go on the going, not another cat but on evidence of it's latest form, I think I can rule him out! The rest of the opposition is fairly weak really, so I really expect Cape of Storms to take all the beating here, and also has a decent jockey that knows how to ride the best horse, so I expect a run for my money.:hope]
2 bets today, 2 winners :) both @ evs :nana:nana:nana

Re: Southwell - Sunday 17th Feb

Southwell this month. 2:00 5f Handicap for age 4+ 4 races: 2 won by favorite SP's of winners are 3-1, 15-8, 2-1, 11-4 - 15-8 and 2-1 are the favorites. Savile´s Delight looks good for this one. 3:30 Claiming Stakes for age 4+ 5 Races: 1 favorite won (13-8) Other winners had SP's of 3-1, 4-1, 85-40, 3-1. Forecast and/or Tricast with the top three market leaders? Grimes Faith and Celeveland in any order for my 1&2 if I had to bet. 4:30 1m Handicap for age 4+ excluding 'Fillies Only' race. 2 Races: Winners at SP's of 12-1 (Class6) and 9-1 (Class4) both drawn 4. I'm going with the two trained by John Harris. Komreyev Star has the 4 draw.
2:00 Savile´s Delight 3rd @ 7/2 - winner was Garlogs @ 9-2 3:30 Came Back 1st @ 1-1, Cleveland 2nd @ 7-2 and Grimes Faith 3rd @ 7/2 - Top three market leaders. 4:30 Komreyev Star wins.. 14's to 15-2 SP.