** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Scoring against your old club

Thought that coming up to my 200 post milestone I'd try and get an interesting thread going. I don't know if this one has been visited before in this forum but I'll throw the idea out there for a few opinions.... Have you noticed how players seem to score against their old club? I seem to hear it time and time again in commentary and I'm wondering if players are mathematically more likely to score against an old club rather than against a side they've never played for (taking into account the ability of the side) Factors that may influence higher goal rate may be prooving a point to a manager/director that they should have sold him / let him go. Not sure if knowing other players weaknesses or how to beat a player comes into play as your old team mates will know you well too. Being in a home from home situation settling the player. I don't know how we'd get the stats to draw up some data to see if there's anything in it. Any thoughts welcome.

Re: Scoring against your old club I for one would be interested to see where this goes as it does seem to happen time and again you're right. But then maybe it is just because we are specifically told about it when it does happen whereas the times it doesn't are swept under the carpet:unsure

Re: Scoring against your old club

But then maybe it is just because we are specifically told about it when it does happen whereas the times it doesn't are swept under the carpet:unsure
I've thought about this a few times in the past but would have to agree with HG here when he says we only get told when it does happen and not the countless times it doesn't.